You know you are in hickville...

Started by Rupert, November 27, 2005, 02:57:48 AM

Rupert

...when you run over a deer skeleton a the end of a ORV trail, find a pile of skulls on the next trail, and none of this is surprising.  :lol:

We went up to the Fall Creek (that's near my hometown of Eugene, OR) area to have a bit of 4WD fun tonight. I wish I had a tow rope and another truck so we could have explored the really interesting trails.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

giant_mtb

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Colonel Cadillac

I didn't read the word "Deer" before skeleton and was a tad scared.

Anyhoo, sounds like you had fun. I wish we had off-road trails around where I live.  

Rupert

It did OK. There was a hill I thought it should get up, but there was too much mud, I guess. I would have gone the other direction, but I'd rather not get stuck in between the two hills I would have had to driver over.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

footoflead

Glad to see your not a typical SUV owner...you acutally use yoursfor what it was designed for... :rockon:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raza

So this is the slow, climbing offroading, and not the fast dirt path offroading, right?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

It's fast muddy and puddly, then some attempted muddy slow climbing. There's too much mud out there now to get really technical without another truck to pull me out. This time of the year, I think the faster you do stuff, the more fun it is, since yer really not going to do a lot without a bit of momentum.  

SargeMonkey

Hello fellow oregonian. Come to Klamath Falls. I see at least 3 trucks a day with a deer skull, with flesh, on there hoods/roofs/heads. Kinda funny.  
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.

SargeMonkey

QuoteGlad to see your not a typical SUV owner...you acutally use yoursfor what it was designed for... :rockon:
Most of the new ones are based on cars, have fun. I still like to watch people follow us off-road in a car-based "SUV".  :lol:  
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454

Rupert

Shee-it... I'm a Washingtonian now, but next time I'm down K-Falls way, I'll let you know and you can show me the local trails.  

SargeMonkey

You bring the gas. I know more of the desert trails then the muddy stuff. Bring a lot of water with ya.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454

Rupert

QuoteYou bring the gas. I know more of the desert trails then the muddy stuff. Bring a lot of water with ya.
Neat. :lol:  

SVT666

QuoteGlad to see your not a typical SUV owner...you acutally use yoursfor what it was designed for... :rockon:
Most of the new ones are based on cars, have fun. I still like to watch people follow us off-road in a car-based "SUV".  :lol:
I'll tell you one car based SUV I was pretty impressed with off-road...the Freelander.  That thing went everywhere I went in my Ram and that included crossing a 18" deep creek that was about 30 feet wide, and the muddy banks on both sides.  I was impressed, however if I had wanted to go where I really wanted to go, he wouldn't have been able to follow.  I was taking him places I figured would get him stuck, or he wouldn't think of trying (the creek).  Next time I'll really test him and his Freelander.