Winter Wheels/Tires

Started by Catman, November 27, 2005, 05:04:46 PM

sparkplug

I try to have empathy for your situation because I live in a subtropical climate that never, hardly, rarely, except on occasion gets a little bit of snow. We have the occasional hurricane so it kind of evens out. Pine trees can't take the ice or the hurricanes.  

I hope your snow tires work well for you. We stuck a set of snow tires on the back of our little pickup once and they worked rather well, I mean in the mud.  

Catman

The ice traction is much improved.

cozmik

I'm riding on Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSI's. Wonderful winter tires. They go through anything with ease.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Run Away

^ How expensive were they? Are they studdable?
I've heard that those are the best snow tires available.

cozmik

Quote^ How expensive were they? Are they studdable?
I've heard that those are the best snow tires available.
The RSI's are not studdable. Nokian makes another in the Hakkapeliitta series that is studdable.

In terms of price, I don't actually know, I think they were about $120-130 each for my car, but I'm not sure, I won them at Saabtoberfest last year...  :ph34r:  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

SJ_GTI

Ugh, I just put my winter tires back on Monday. I really dislike them. Its almost worth it to keep my all-seasons on all year round. I would definitely skip snow tires on an Audi if I wasn't this far north.

Colonel Cadillac

Yea, my parents skip the snow tires down here in Connecticut. So far, nobody has put the snow tires on the Volvo yet, so I am pretty happy.