Dude got a little too enthusiastic with the launch.

Started by 12,000 RPM, May 29, 2014, 09:11:06 PM

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

FlatBlackCaddy

Unless that BMW had a blown v12 with 800HP I don't see why he even bothered trying to "launch" his bike. Could have just rolled off the line and pegged it and been gone.

Probably too busy looking at the T&A and wanted to put on a show, well he put on a show alright.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

Dont be a pussy. 1 idiot looping his bike doesnt mean shit.

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 02, 2014, 07:48:39 PM
Dont be a pussy. 1 idiot looping his bike doesnt mean shit.

Find me a video of a guy in a car botching a launch and then falling out of his car and then we'll talk.   :dance:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: hotrodalex on June 02, 2014, 09:54:31 PM
Driver Gets Ejected at Drag Race

Okay, let's talk.

But seriously, post-crash ejection is not the same as falling out of your car because you let the clutch go too abruptly or bogged on launch. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Raza  on June 03, 2014, 06:14:28 AM
Okay, let's talk.

But seriously, post-crash ejection is not the same as falling out of your car because you let the clutch go too abruptly or bogged on launch.

This was more than just letting the clutch out abruptly or bogging on launch. I have done both and lived and not looped my bike.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Raza  on June 03, 2014, 06:14:28 AM

Yeah but that was the best I could do. :lol:

MrH

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 03, 2014, 06:45:25 AM
This was more than just letting the clutch out abruptly or bogging on launch. I have done both and lived and not looped my bike.

Aren't you the guy who's crashed his bike twice now?  Or is it three times?

:lol:  Sorry, I couldn't help myself
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

12,000 RPM

Yep I have crashed 3 times and I'm still walking and breathing. All avoidable crashes prompted by stupid choices and all crashes I walked away from. Hell the only thing this guy hurt was his pride. Motorcycling is more dangerous than driving but Raza is a 2 wheel hypochondriac. Hes too scared to ride so he has to point out how dangerous it is at any given opportunity. No thx.

MX793

Quote from: MrH on June 03, 2014, 11:06:36 AM

There are 2 types of motorcyclists:  those that have crashed and those that will.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MexicoCityM3

It's a fact that riding a bike is about 35 times more likely to result on serious injury or death per mile driven than driving a car.

Having said that, it's a personal choice whether the risk is worth it.

I've been somewhat close to taking it at some points in life but not until now. Also, I am aware that the figure above of 35x is an average that includes idiots racing without helmets in their Hayabusas as well as Harley riders riding to a coffee shop once every two weeks. And the risk is not the same for every kind of rider.

What scares me is things beyond my control that inevitably happen out in the street. Like being rear ended for example. In a car, whiplash and that's it. On a bike, much worse.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

12,000 RPM

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on June 03, 2014, 02:44:43 PM
What scares me is things beyond my control that inevitably happen out in the street. Like being rear ended for example. In a car, whiplash and that's it. On a bike, much worse.
You can't avoid everything, but good motorcyclists have a heightened sense of awareness for stuff like this. If I approach a green light with a car looking to make a left from the other lane I slow waaaaaaaaaaaaaay the hell down and watch them. I keep it in first gear at lights and give myself room in case of a potential rear ending. Etc. Again you can't stop everything but the heightened sense of awareness is just a part of being "plugged in". That tension is cancelled out by the sensations.

J86

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: MrH on June 03, 2014, 11:06:36 AM
I've been on the concrete 3 times myself. Only once was my fault but I've never been seriously injured! :Knocks on wood:
The second time I got hit (8/06) the concrete was from being rear ended! I escaped with only bruises.

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 03, 2014, 03:18:44 PM
You can't avoid everything, but good motorcyclists have a heightened sense of awareness for stuff like this. If I approach a green light with a car looking to make a left from the other lane I slow waaaaaaaaaaaaaay the hell down and watch them. I keep it in first gear at lights and give myself room in case of a potential rear ending.
This is what happen to me the first time (9/2005) I got hit! I was watching the chick coming towards me but since she wasn't signaling a left turn I thought she was going straight.....I was wrong!

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 03, 2014, 01:47:26 PM
Yep I have crashed 3 times and I'm still walking and breathing. All avoidable crashes prompted by stupid choices and all crashes I walked away from. Hell the only thing this guy hurt was his pride. Motorcycling is more dangerous than driving but Raza is a 2 wheel hypochondriac. Hes too scared to ride so he has to point out how dangerous it is at any given opportunity. No thx.

Well, you're a black male and you ride a motorcycle.  Statistically, you're already dead. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

It's a fact that riding a bike is about 35 times more likely to result on serious injury or death per mile driven than driving a car.

Having said that, it's a personal choice whether the risk is worth it.

I've been somewhat close to taking it at some points in life but not until now. Also, I am aware that the figure above of 35x is an average that includes idiots racing without helmets in their Hayabusas as well as Harley riders riding to a coffee shop once every two weeks. And the risk is not the same for every kind of rider.

I like giving Sporty a hard time, since he constantly talks about how unsafe human-operated cars are, but then rides a motorcycle (which he's crashed three times, apparently), like it's not hypocritical.  And when anyone points it out, he gets all rustled, jimmie-wise, so that's always fun. 

He didn't even notice that my post was taking the piss out of his post where he called for autonomous cars in a thread about a car crash, he was so quick to try to unbunch his panties. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Raza  on June 03, 2014, 09:11:55 PM
I like giving Sporty a hard time, since he constantly talks about how unsafe human-operated cars are, but then rides a motorcycle (which he's crashed three times, apparently), like it's not hypocritical.  And when anyone points it out, he gets all rustled, jimmie-wise, so that's always fun. 

He didn't even notice that my post was taking the piss out of his post where he called for autonomous cars in a thread about a car crash, he was so quick to try to unbunch his panties.
There's no hypocrisy. Motorcycle = threat to me alone. Bad drivers (including folks who use public roads as personal race tracks, drive without stability control on and claim "trail braking saved their lives") = threat to everybody else on the road. Choice of autonomous cars = less bad drivers, removing the biggest piece of the threat to my safety on a motorcycle. Not hard to understand, unless one goes into an apoplectic fit any time autonomous cars are mentioned, or has strong emotional issues tied to control. Me riding a motorcycle is a red herring in the context of the fact that autonomous cars would make roads safer for everybody.

Raza

Yeah, because if a motorcycle comes through my windshield, I'll be just fine.

You're deluded.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Raza  on June 04, 2014, 08:52:14 AM
Yeah, because if a motorcycle comes through my windshield, I'll be just fine.

You're deluded.
U like stats.... what % of accidents involving a cars and motorcycles leave the people in the car injured/killed?

Are you trying to imply someone on a motorcycle is a bigger threat to your safety than someone in a car/SUV?

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 04, 2014, 09:12:41 AM
U like stats.... what % of accidents involving a cars and motorcycles leave the people in the car injured/killed?

Are you trying to imply someone on a motorcycle is a bigger threat to your safety than someone in a car/SUV?

I'm not implying anything. Nice try.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 04, 2014, 09:12:41 AM

Actually an argument could be made that due to it's low weight and shape a motorcycle would be alot more likely to come off the ground during a collision. Which would actually make it more likely than a car to come over the hood and injure the cars occupants.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Raza  on June 04, 2014, 11:05:16 AM
I'm not implying anything. Nice try.
Then what are you saying? What's a bigger threat to your safety on the road... cars or bikes?

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on June 04, 2014, 12:56:30 PM
Actually an argument could be made that due to it's low weight and shape a motorcycle would be alot more likely to come off the ground during a collision. Which would actually make it more likely than a car to come over the hood and injure the cars occupants.

The mass difference outweighs any such possibilty.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)