How do I unseize/adjust my parking brake?

Started by SVT_Power, July 07, 2014, 10:27:20 AM

SVT_Power

So I changed my rotors/pads and realized my parking brake is dragging. I noticed one side at the Y moves more than the other side when I press/depress the parking brake, so I know at least one side has a partial cable issue. But both sides sound like they're dragging and I already turned the adjuster as much as I can.

So...is there anything I can do other than take everything apart and replace the whole system?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

hotrodalex

Sticking parking brake should just mean something is too tight, which is fixable. Loose parking brake usually means something stretched out, which would require replacing.

If one side pulls more than the other, it sounds like the cradle thing that pulls them is too tight. It should slide around so that it pulls both sides evenly.

shp4man

AutobahnSHO

crawl under the car with a can of lube, pliers, and gloves. Work it free by yanking the cable back and forth...
Will