Experienced the cornering disadvantages of bikes vs cars today

Started by 12,000 RPM, July 30, 2014, 10:35:50 AM

12,000 RPM

I was out running errands and heading back to work and I end up behind a white Mustang convertible... I think it had the 3.7L, but it was rental spec. Dude was driving aggressively, so I figured I'd bite. We head onto an overpass back onto the highway, and man I was struggling. I had the bike cranked over, and I was really concentrating to maximize grip and drive. It was a lot of fun. But yea, he pulled away with relative ease. Seeing it first hand, I pretty much believe it now, though I bet a better rider could have kept a lot closer.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Speed_Racer

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on July 30, 2014, 10:35:50 AM
I was out running errands and heading back to work and I end up behind a white Mustang convertible... I think it had the 3.7L, but it was rental spec. Dude was driving aggressively, so I figured I'd bite. We head onto an overpass back onto the highway, and man I was struggling. I had the bike cranked over, and I was really concentrating to maximize grip and drive. It was a lot of fun. But yea, he pulled away with relative ease. Seeing it first hand, I pretty much believe it now, though I bet a better rider could have kept a lot closer.

I got to play with an S2000 in the Tetons a few weeks ago. The thing about cars is that I think they're easier (?) to drive a car to 9/10ths vs a moto. Aka the average Joe can get close to those limits fairly easily. It's exhausting to push a bike to its limits, but fun all the same.

12,000 RPM

Yea I was probably seriously only at 7/10ths, but between all the concentration needed to hold the lean + throttle position, and realistically, the fear of going over that edge, it was intense. Meanwhile in the Z I have gone past the edge at both ends of the car without a sweat. It was surreal.

AutobahnSHO

Will

FlatBlackCaddy

12,000 RPM

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on July 30, 2014, 01:42:37 PM
So in summation, you got beat by a v6 rental mustang.
No way, on the straights he was done dunn

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV