New Jeep Cherokee is kicking ass

Started by veeman, August 07, 2014, 01:13:24 PM

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 11, 2014, 04:03:44 PM
As far as I'm concerned, people who judge the owners of Wranglers or pickups on the basis of " they'll never really use that/ they would have been smarter to buy something else" are exactly as bad as old ladies in Buicks who waggle their fingers at "those darn teenage hot rodders," or smug limousine liberals who bemoan he "excessive consumption" of Corvette owners while on their way to their summer home.

If its not what you like, that's cool; buy what you like. Don't worry about me.
Its a discussion forum :huh:

Plus the discussion about the Wrangler's on road manners was getting a little ridiculous. Catman's change of heart after the test drive confirmed my suspicions..... if you are really going to be DDing it you will want something else.  Its not fit for that role.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Catman

MrH

Quote from: Lebowski on August 15, 2014, 12:39:38 PM
I know a few people with second/vacation homes that keep a wrangler there. I could see owning one in that role. It is a fun say beach car, can drive it top off, don't have to worry about sand and shit getting all over the interior etc.

I do think it would get old fast as a daily commuter.  I briefly considered it when I got the 4runner but dismissed it pretty quickly, didn't even test drive one.  I wanted something I could take on trips w/ longish highway drives and felt the lack of refinement would get old fast.

+1
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Catman

Knowing what is out there right now I may hold on to my CX-9 longer and enjoy the lack of a car payment

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 15, 2014, 12:44:29 PM
Its a discussion forum :huh:

Plus the discussion about the Wrangler's on road manners was getting a little ridiculous. Catman's change of heart after the test drive confirmed my suspicions..... if you are really going to be DDing it you will want something else.  Its not fit for that role.

Actually, I was talking more about Veeman's "domesticated husband" quip, but if you do d something to relate to in that post, all the better.

Anyways, you have no idea what it is another person will want.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator