Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

2o6

Naw, the Aviator, Corsair, and Navigator have significantly more bright work inside and out than most Cadillacs or Buicks.

The XT4 IMO is the worst offender; it looks downright basic without any trim on it.

veeman

I know Mr H has a pet peeve about chrome :lol:

I loved the bright chrome on my former Enclave, especially on the wheels. 

I agree with 206.  Keep the chrome.  The Germans have gotten a lot more gauche too in the last decade.  BMW and Audi with ridiculous kidney shaped and trapezoid grills, Mercedes with dinner plate sized lit up Mercedes emblems on their grill, etc.

SJ_GTI

I am not a fan of chrome, but I like the aluminum/silver accents on my Golf R.

veeman

The older model Enclave with a lot of chrome.  I liked it.  Most probably think it's too much but I like it. 

AutobahnSHO

I'm partial I think this is respectable amount of bling
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: veeman on May 06, 2020, 02:01:40 PM
The older model Enclave with a lot of chrome.  I liked it.  Most probably think it's too much but I like it.

Except the whole vehicle falls apart at 100,000 miles
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

veeman

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 06, 2020, 02:29:22 PM

Yes.  It's definitely pseudo-luxury and not a long laster based on my experience of 1 car.  It drove great and very smooth.  Excellent on the road in the winter with great grip probably in part related to its weight. Huge room for a non body on frame SUV. I maintained it at the dealership at the prescribed intervals.  At 110,000 miles everything started breaking. None of the seat heaters/coolers worked anymore. Most of the markings on the buttons on the dash were faded. Every month the check engine light would come on and something different had to be replaced. Had to dump it.  For the price though it was very good for the first 100,000 miles.  Felt much more expensive than what it was.  All surface level.   

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 06, 2020, 02:29:22 PM

If true, that is wonderfully precise engineering.

But I wouldn't know; our Acadia only made it to 80,000.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 06, 2020, 02:42:32 PM
If true, that is wonderfully precise engineering.

But I wouldn't know; our Acadia only made it to 80,000.

Did the transmission explode, or the timing chain stretch out? Or both?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 2o6 on May 06, 2020, 03:24:07 PM

Transmission.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 2o6 on May 06, 2020, 03:24:07 PM

Both has happened to my cuzzo! SMH.....
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

giant_mtb

Quote from: veeman on May 06, 2020, 02:41:56 PM
Yes.  It's definitely pseudo-luxury and not a long laster based on my experience of 1 car.  It drove great and very smooth.  Excellent on the road in the winter with great grip probably in part related to its weight. Huge room for a non body on frame SUV. I maintained it at the dealership at the prescribed intervals.  At 110,000 miles everything started breaking. None of the seat heaters/coolers worked anymore. Most of the markings on the buttons on the dash were faded. Every month the check engine light would come on and something different had to be replaced. Had to dump it.  For the price though it was very good for the first 100,000 miles.  Felt much more expensive than what it was.  All surface level.   

I really like the Enclave in brown.

2o6

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C7 on May 06, 2020, 06:01:27 PM
Both has happened to my cuzzo! SMH.....

Yeah, the 3.6L and that 6AT is not the most secure transmission. The transmission seems to do fairly OK in the sedan cars, or the smaller SUV's, but in the Lambda SUV's the transmission fails like clockwork. I also remember that those cars like to run to 6th and stay there, and will hunt furiously if you try and accelerate with any gumption. I feel like that contributes to the lack of longevity of the powertrain for those cars.

cawimmer430

Summer wheels and tires are on.  :wub:

In other news my dad is really enjoying his B200. He visited me today and drove a steady 110-120 km/h on the Autobahn. Fuel economy? An incredible 4.9 L / 100 km or 47.9 mpg. Best I've gotten in my car was 6.3 L / 100 km (37.3 mpg), but I tend to have more fun in mine and have a hard time driving slow on the highway.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Speed_Racer

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 08, 2020, 09:50:00 AM
Summer wheels and tires are on.  :wub:

Those are way sharp!

SJ_GTI

They look good, but I like your winter wheels more.  :lol:

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

FoMoJo

I got a loaner at the local service centre when I took my car in for service, an Audi A4 wagon, not sure of the year.  It was a 2.0T with a few kilometres on it, but drove pretty good, a bit noisy though compared to my Discovery Sport.  The problem was, I almost broke my neck trying to get into and out of it.  I thought Germans were big people.  Why do they make car interiors so tight?  Seat was down and back as far as it would go.  Knocked my shoe off trying to get out of it. :huh:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

giant_mtb

Going from an SUV DD to a relatively small car is always a recipe for the muscle memory of ingress/egress of your DD to mess with you.

FoMoJo

FoMoJo

Eye of the Tiger

shp4man

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 15, 2020, 08:44:20 AM
I approve...This 707-HP Hellcat-Powered Jeep Grand Wagoneer Is the Ultimate Sleeper SUV

I wouldn't want to look down at the speedo in that, saw it pegged, and realized it was doing 160MPH. Yikes!  ;)

CaminoRacer

707hp is a bit excessive in that chassis. A newer Hemi in the lower 400hp range seems like that most I'd want.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Soup DeVille

FoMoJo

Assuming that it weighs about 3 tons, 707 bhp would move it along briskly, though a limiter at about 120 mph would be wise.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 15, 2020, 09:59:03 AM
Assuming that it weighs about 3 tons, 707 bhp would move it along briskly, though a limiter at about 120 mph would be wise.

On a chassis that would become unsettled with the 180 or so HP they came with stock, under a top heavy body, and on what look to be the correct, though decidedly non-high performance tires.

Also realize this is a no-ESC, no traction control setup with leaf springs at all four corners. 400 HP was considered dangerous in Corvettes of this vintage.

Eye of the Tiger

It's not like those tires can do much with 707 horses other than catch on fire.