Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

veeman

Quote from: Laconian on June 16, 2022, 07:23:48 PM
Anything you can do to make your town less palatable to gentrifiers?

Decrease police funding, don't prosecute "low level" crimes, allow homeless people to gather and live rent free in public spaces, and raise taxes.

shp4man

Quote from: veeman on June 17, 2022, 10:37:01 AM
Decrease police funding, don't prosecute "low level" crimes, allow homeless people to gather and live rent free in public spaces, and raise taxes.

It's working in LA and San Fran for sure.  :lol:

Laconian

Quote from: veeman on June 17, 2022, 10:37:01 AM

Not working for Seattle. Our population keeps growing.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on June 17, 2022, 02:51:49 PM

Castration?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

veeman

Quote from: Laconian on June 17, 2022, 02:51:49 PM

Too many large companies are headquartered there probably.  If you can get Amazon to leave, that might free up the roads a bit  :lol:

giant_mtb

Body cam footage from when that doofus crashed his Ford GT.

https://youtu.be/GExrG4iTbhc

r0tor

Generally the problem with supercars... The people that can afford them generally can't drive and the people that can drive them can't afford them
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Laconian

Man, my poor Miata just isn't getting driven. I should let it roam free.

MrH

Quote from: Laconian on June 21, 2022, 10:51:10 AM

Just release it into the wild
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

It needs to sow some wild oats.

giant_mtb

It can roam freely to me.

Laconian

Give me your moneys!

r0tor

My RX8 is due for it's yearly inspection.... Only has ~2k miles on it since last year.  Not sure what to do with it - thinking about giving it to the kid but I'd probably get angry when he doesn't take care of it
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

SJ_GTI

I am only putting ~1500 miles a year on my Z3. I don't see a problem with that...I drive it when I want (good weather plus the urge to drive something fun). In fact for a car I plan/hope to keep a long, long time I don't see a reason to put miles on a car just to make it seem more used.

Eye of the Tiger

Morris Minor

We have two cars in the garage. It's very rare for us to use  them simultaneously. Cannot bring myself to go down to one.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

giant_mtb

Quote from: Laconian on June 21, 2022, 02:11:09 PM
Give me your moneys!

Coulda sworn you said "roam free."

shp4man

I got my NC Miata with 61K miles. 2 1/2 years later it has 96K. It's a driver.

Laconian

Our Subie is the DD and we carpool a lot.

Laconian

I should add that my husband doesn't like to drive the Miata after nearly dying in my NA on the freeway. It was a really close call for him.

shp4man

Quote from: Laconian on June 21, 2022, 04:33:11 PM
I should add that my husband doesn't like to drive the Miata after nearly dying in my NA on the freeway. It was a really close call for him.

I can't count the number of times I've appreciated the Miata's go cart like quick steering to avoid trash in the road and other hazards.

Laconian

Quote from: shp4man on June 21, 2022, 04:54:56 PM

I can't count the number of times I've appreciated the Miata's go cart like quick steering to avoid trash in the road and other hazards.

He got RAMmed off the road by a lifted truck that cut across two lanes without warning.

FoMoJo

Alfa Romeo Giulia Speciale Debuts As Limited Edition Of Just 15 Units

Not a colour you'd commonly associate with an Alfa, but it looks absolutely brilliant.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

r0tor

It's essentially my car... But green and with a massive mark-up

AutobahnSHO

I thought we were safe but they're not only building a new development but that development will link the rest of town, so our dead end neighborhood will become the easiest way for many to get to a middle and the towns only high school.... :cry:
Will

shp4man

Quote from: Laconian on June 21, 2022, 05:36:51 PM
He got RAMmed off the road by a lifted truck that cut across two lanes without warning.

That would do it, ya.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

r0tor

I always loved these cars back in the day.  Brings back so many WRC memories... But f that price

https://youtu.be/ACCDXhlhwW8

CaminoRacer

I saw that at Goodwood yesterday. Nice car, but yeah it's way too much money.

CaminoRacer

Paid $9/gallon for regular petrol outside of Heathrow.