Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

CaminoRacer

Just don't drop it as often as I drop mine :lol:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

giant_mtb

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 26, 2017, 10:59:41 PM
Just don't drop it as often as I drop mine :lol:

My gauge lives in my center console unless I'm using it...doesn't get dropped often. :ohyeah:

12,000 RPM

When they finally loaded it up it made my eyes widen. JFC, NA we will miss you :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDyc88ASAkI
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

12,000 RPM

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

MrH

What're you linking to?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

12,000 RPM

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Raza  on October 30, 2017, 10:12:53 PM
Am I supposed to know who that is?

I'm confused as well.

12,000 RPM

Engineering Explained guy?

FoMoJo

Seems a bit low tech for Musk.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/mobility/2017/10/30/elon-musk-la-transport-tunnel/107183270/

Elon Musk tweets photo of LA-area transport tunnel

Billionaire Elon Musk has released a photograph of a tunnel he's building under a Los Angeles suburb to test a novel transportation concept for a system that would move people underground in their personal cars rather than by subway trains.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

CaminoRacer

There's an LS-swapped mk1 Rabbit at SEMA and all the ricers are crying because it's "ruined". :lol:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 02, 2017, 11:22:06 AM
There's an LS-swapped mk1 Rabbit at SEMA and all the ricers are crying because it's "ruined". :lol:

When I hear that, I always ask what do they think the car was at the start of the project? Chances are they didn't find a mint original MkI and start chopping it up; they found an unused hulk that would have gone to the crusher anyways; then made something interesting and unique out of it.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

12,000 RPM

giant_mtb

I'm so lucky to have my truck. I just realized it's got 154k miles. Having a new frame is a blessing.  I've had vehicles with about the same miles on it (Bravada, Explorer), and never felt totally confident with them like I do with this Taco. 💙

MrH

Toyota trucks 4 life.

I didn't know you got a new frame. Did you get it done or did the previous owner?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

giant_mtb

Quote from: MrH on November 05, 2017, 07:27:11 PM
Toyota trucks 4 life.

I didn't know you got a new frame. Did you get it done or did the previous owner?

PO did.  Frame's probably 3.5 years old at this point.  Doesn't clean up quite as nice as it used to, but it's still really fresh, and having a fresh/clean frame up here is valuable...it's why used vehicles from places like Colorado, Arizona, or basically anywhere significantly south and/or west of here command a tangible premium.

CaminoRacer

CaminoRacer

Put Up or Shut Up had two old school gassers go at it. One had a Chevy 383 launching at 9k rpm. :wub: (The other was a ~413 ci small block Ford, revving just as high)

FoMoJo

Okay, I just don't get this commercial...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwac7Ci6_j8

Where is he dropping her off?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

giant_mtb

Is that some sort of Stranger Things reference? haha

FoMoJo

Kinda funny...https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/man-forgets-where-he-parks-his-car-then-finds-it-20-years-later/ar-BBF4vnw?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartandhp

Man forgets where he parks his car - then finds it 20 years later

Back in 1997 in the German city of Frankfurt, a man reported his car as stolen to the police.

Twenty years later, the authorities in the city have tracked down the missing vehicle, only to discover that the man who owned it had in fact, just forgotten where he'd parked the car and had assumed it had been stolen.

The vehicle was found in a garage in an old industrial building that is due to be demolished.

The car was in the way of the demolition so it was reported to the police who then investigated who the owner was.
According to German regional paper Augsberger Allgemein, the man, now 76-years-old, was driven by the police with his daughter to be reunited with the car.

Unfortunately the car was no longer functional and had to be scrapped. "The car can no longer be driven and will be sent to the scrap heap," Frankfurt authorities said.

The incident is reminiscent of another German case, in which a man was reunited with his vehicle two years after parking up and going on a drinking binge in Munich, only to forget where he'd parked. He reported it missing and eventually police found the vehicle 4km away from where the man thought he'd parked it. 

It had 40,000 euros in cash in the boot, along with 50,000 euros worth of tools.

Earlier this year a man from Scotland lost his car after attending a Stoneroses gig in Manchester. He reportedly searched for the vehicle for 5 days before giving up. He even contacted the council and various companies in a bid to trace the vehicle.

He eventually reported the car stolen, but it was found six months later, exactly where he'd left it, though with parking fines estimated at over £5,000.

CaminoRacer

CaminoRacer

FoMoJo