Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

12,000 RPM

Fuck- Ghosn has been ARRESTED and booted from Nissan over "serious misconduct"

I'm telling you man... auto industry is teetering. Every weak player I can think of... Ford, Hyundai/Kia, Mitsubishi, Nissan, GM, FCA.... scrambling

You see shit at the dealer level with them but I think we will start seeing more high level scandals break too
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MX793

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 19, 2018, 06:02:06 AM
Fuck- Ghosn has been ARRESTED and booted from Nissan over "serious misconduct"

I'm telling you man... auto industry is teetering. Every weak player I can think of... Ford, Hyundai/Kia, Mitsubishi, Nissan, GM, FCA.... scrambling

You see shit at the dealer level with them but I think we will start seeing more high level scandals break too

Sounds like it was more personal level misconduct rather than corporate misconduct (like Dieselgate or fuel economy fraud).  Under-reporting his compensation (likely for tax evasion) is what I've read, along with personal use of company assets.  This sort of thing can and does happen in all industries.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

Quote from: Xer0 on November 18, 2018, 03:55:23 PM
Eh.

That dog though  :wub:

His name is Gus, and he's a French Bulldog. I love the little guy!  :wub:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Quote from: MX793 on November 19, 2018, 06:46:39 AM
Sounds like it was more personal level misconduct rather than corporate misconduct (like Dieselgate or fuel economy fraud).  Under-reporting his compensation (likely for tax evasion) is what I've read, along with personal use of company assets.  This sort of thing can and does happen in all industries.
He was a big deal in the auto industry for awhile.  Turns out he's just another thief. :nutty:

Guys like that piss me off.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Ugh, another delay!  :banghead:

I was supposed to pick up my new car tomorrow. Now the dealership tells me it will arrive a few days late.

You know, I am on another forum where the guys in the UK and Australia already have their new A-Classes. Why are deliveries for the German market taking so long?  :lockedup:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

BimmerM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 19, 2018, 01:26:13 PM
Ugh, another delay!  :banghead:

I was supposed to pick up my new car tomorrow. Now the dealership tells me it will arrive a few days late.

You know, I am on another forum where the guys in the UK and Australia already have their new A-Classes. Why are deliveries for the German market taking so long?  :lockedup:

Maybe higher demand?

MX793

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 19, 2018, 11:35:39 AM
He was a big deal in the auto industry for awhile.  Turns out he's just another thief. :nutty:

Guys like that piss me off.

He spent a lot of time doing business in Brazil and Latin America (working for Michelin and Renault).  I wonder if the lack of corporate ethics and rampant corruption that is standard operating procedure down there just rubbed off on him.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on November 19, 2018, 02:09:42 PM
Maybe higher demand?

This car is in high demand at the moment, so it's logical that the production lines are running at maximum capacity.

Still, there are now two delivery dates which have been postponed. It's just annoying, especially since I have no car at the moment to drive; the BMW is hovering at 244,800ish km and Mercedes' wants to buy it from me with a mileage of 245,000 km. If I go over that mileage they will pay me less money for the car...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

My mom decided to wait and see what the 2019 Mazda3 has in store. My parents are intrigued by the HCCI's efficiency. If she still prefers the 2018, then she'll buy that at a nice discount.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

BimmerM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 19, 2018, 05:10:57 PM
This car is in high demand at the moment, so it's logical that the production lines are running at maximum capacity.

Still, there are now two delivery dates which have been postponed. It's just annoying, especially since I have no car at the moment to drive; the BMW is hovering at 244,800ish km and Mercedes' wants to buy it from me with a mileage of 245,000 km. If I go over that mileage they will pay me less money for the car...

That's fucked up. Call them up and tell them that they need to either give you a loaner or honor the higher price even if you go over the mileage.

Eye of the Tiger

It sucks not having a car to drive. You clearly need some help. Wire me the money for this, plus freight, and I will see that it is shipped directly to you by the end of the month
https://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/d/1973-ford-ltd-brougham-with/6753289173.html
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

She has boughtenned a 2018 Soul Red Mazda Grand Touring Premium Championship Edition EX Alpha Plus "Do You Remember Love?" Fan Idol On! Duel 3.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

MexicoCityM3

How much less?
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: MX793 on November 19, 2018, 03:18:38 PM
He spent a lot of time doing business in Brazil and Latin America (working for Michelin and Renault).  I wonder if the lack of corporate ethics and rampant corruption that is standard operating procedure down there just rubbed off on him.

Yeah EVERYONE who does business here becomes crooked. FFS man.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on November 20, 2018, 06:42:50 PM

Better watch out for the IRS, buddy.  :pullover:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 20, 2018, 06:43:58 PM
Better watch out for the IRS, buddy.  :pullover:
Independent Rear Suspension?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

MX793

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on November 20, 2018, 06:42:50 PM

Not saying all of Latin America is problematic, but corruption and unethical business conduct are rampant in Brazil and have been for a long time.  Ghosn spent a good chunk of his career running businesses/divisions in Brazil.
Needs more Jiggawatts

FoMoJo

MX793

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 21, 2018, 11:40:54 AM
A little bit of automotive history, and more...Bar Fights, Lawsuits and the Flu Pandemic: The War Between Henry Ford and the Dodge Brothers

An interesting read.

On a related note to this topic, The Cars that Made America series from the History Channel delves into the Ford/Dodge connection and is a must-see for anyone interested in American automotive history and the men who built the Big 3.
Needs more Jiggawatts

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: MX793 on November 21, 2018, 12:33:09 PM
On a related note to this topic, The Cars that Made America series from the History Channel delves into the Ford/Dodge connection and is a must-see for anyone interested in American automotive history and the men who built the Big 3.
i watched all those episodes. I never knew how deep that connection was!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

FoMoJo

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on November 21, 2018, 12:43:39 PM
i watched all those episodes. I never knew how deep that connection was!
The first Ford Model A became Cadillac, if I recall correctly.

I found this paragraph...

The lawsuit brought by the brothers against Ford became the legal basis for the idea that companies exist primarily to generate profits for shareholders, setting the stage for the aggressive rise of the American corporation.

...rather telling.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 21, 2018, 12:58:00 PM
The first Ford Model A became Cadillac, if I recall correctly.

I found this paragraph...

The lawsuit brought by the brothers against Ford became the legal basis for the idea that companies exist primarily to generate profits for shareholders, setting the stage for the aggressive rise of the American corporation.

...rather telling.

Yes, and no.

The Henry Ford Co.'s Model A provided much of the tooling for the first Cadillac. The Henry Ford Company is different than the later Ford Company, and different than the Ford Model A.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

12,000 RPM

Drove the family up to the mountains. We will def need a 2.5 row if baby #2 comes. Maybe a minivan if we have another kid and get another dog :cry:
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

FoMoJo

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 22, 2018, 09:44:37 AM
Drove the family up to the mountains. We will def need a 2.5 row if baby #2 comes. Maybe a minivan if we have another kid and get another dog :cry:
Every guy needs to experience a minivan. 

cawimmer430

No such thing as a "free loaner" here. Need a car from the dealership? Pay for it (aka rent it).

Anyway, new delivery date is Monday the 26th of November. So either I can pick up the car on Monday or Tuesday. We'll see...

Saw this today! The B-Team! For when the A-Team isn't available! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

93JC

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and even the A-Team won't take the job, maybe you can hire... The B-Team."

cawimmer430

Quote from: 93JC on November 22, 2018, 01:35:37 PM
"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and even the A-Team won't take the job, maybe you can hire... The B-Team."

Brilliant. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 22, 2018, 12:14:17 PM

Anyway, new delivery date is Monday the 26th of November. So either I can pick up the car on Monday or Tuesday. We'll see...

If you're lucky, you might get it by Christmas :huh:.