Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

Laconian

How much is the Horse Dick Ranch package? Can I finance it over a 96 month period?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

BimmerM3

Quote from: shp4man on March 26, 2019, 08:38:51 PM
If you do the "build one" thing online and only add medium gray over a regular color...Bam... an extra $2K.. :wanker:

I think it's because of what 93JC said. It's also adding other options/packages.

BimmerM3

lol apparently, depending on the cab/bed combo you start with, it adds different options/packages.

shp4man

Quote from: Laconian on March 26, 2019, 08:46:00 PM
How much is the Horse Dick Ranch package? Can I finance it over a 96 month period?

C'mon, buddy. Think how impressed your fellow Google employees and gay friends would be if you showed up in a leathered up F150 King Ranch...Ya, that's what I'm talkin' about.  :lol:

BimmerM3

This also appears to be the only color that requires other options. And you can't get it with a regular cab or supercab with an 8' bed.

shp4man

Quote from: BimmerM3 on March 26, 2019, 08:57:04 PM
This also appears to be the only color that requires other options. And you can't get it with a regular cab or supercab with an 8' bed.

Sucks. It's the best color.

93JC

LOL, an F-150 King Ranch is C$65,529. Platinum is $67,979, Raptor is $72,749, and Limited is $79,629. A base-model XL regular cab with a 6'-6" box is $29,799.

93JC

Quote from: BimmerM3 on March 26, 2019, 08:57:04 PM

Ha, suck it 'murica! In Canada you can get an XL regular cab with 8' bed in Abyss Grey for $2,750 worth of options.

Eye of the Tiger

I don't understand why the Mustang doesn't come with a Horse Dick Ranch package. Seems pretty obvious.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

BimmerM3

Quote from: 93JC on March 26, 2019, 09:08:24 PM
Ha, suck it 'murica! In Canada you can get an XL regular cab with 8' bed in Abyss Grey for $2,750 worth of options.

Oh wait, so can we. I had XLT selected.

Laconian

I read it as this

Quote from: shp4man on March 26, 2019, 08:55:35 PM
C'mon, buddy. Think how impressed your fellow Google employees and gay friends would be if you showed up leathered up in a F150 King Ranch

and I thought, that'd probably get me reported to HR :lol:

shp4man

Quote from: Laconian on March 26, 2019, 11:06:39 PM
I read it as this

and I thought, that'd probably get me reported to HR :lol:

:lol:

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

12,000 RPM

How much is the Horse Dick Ranch package?
My legacy :praise:

Quote from: r0tor on March 27, 2019, 09:42:55 AM
h0ly hell... adaptive speed limiters

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/27/tech/europe-speed-limits-scli/index.html
As draconian and nightmarish as this sounds, between the low HP and relatively high speed limits (EU highways are limited to ~83MPH IIRC) this doesn't sound that bad over there.

I had a brown (!) manual (!!) diesel (!!!) Ford Focus wagon (  :vapors: ) rental in France, and one of my favorite features in it was the adjustable speed limiter. Around town, set it and forget it.

I do find the suggestion that this will save lives to be dubious.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CaminoRacer

Fuck the EU. Between this and article 13, they've gone full commie.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

2o6

Most European cars already have speed limiters. Making it standard equipment isn't the same as the government physically slowing your car down.

I actually drove a Chinese-made BMW 320Li awhile back that didn't have cruise control, but did have a speed limiter. It basically worlds like reverse cruise control, you set it to a speed and the car won't let you drive faster than that. It's basicslly the same thing Ford's "My Key" does.

CaminoRacer

It's not just a regular top speed limiter, it's a speed limit limiter. Sounds like you can't even go 2 mph over the posted limit.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 2o6 on March 27, 2019, 10:34:37 AM
Most European cars already have speed limiters. Making it standard equipment isn't the same as the government physically slowing your car down.

I actually drove a Chinese-made BMW 320Li awhile back that didn't have cruise control, but did have a speed limiter. It basically worlds like reverse cruise control, you set it to a speed and the car won't let you drive faster than that. It's basicslly the same thing Ford's "My Key" does.

Not what this is at all. Well, its like "My Key," but you don't get the key, the EU does, and keys it to your GPS for the road you are on.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Laconian

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 27, 2019, 09:57:39 AM

Tangible inconveniences like this are likely going to sour the population. Wimmer's been radicalized by the GPDR's impact on his business.

This sucks but TBH it is already the case in France. The national routes are slow and people are pretty good at turning on their LIMITEURS DE VITESSE so that they don't get nailed by cameras.

RomanChariot

Paint me unsurprised.

cawimmer430

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 27, 2019, 09:57:39 AM

:hesaid:

I think adding automatic speed limiters to newer cars is RETARDED - and DANGEROUS.

Picture this. You're on the Autobahn and suddenly there's a 120 km/h speed limit. The new cars with this technology are literally going to be emergency braked down to this speed from say 180 km/h. We do have idiots here who don't keep a safety distance, and they may be driving older cars which don't have any automatic emergency braking technology.

What's gonna happen?

BOOM. CRASH. BURN.

The European Union is going on a full retard spree right now. Everything has to be mandated, controlled, regulated and your opinion is worth shit. Over five million people signed a petition against Article 13. Hundreds of thousands of people demonstrated all over Europe in various cities against Article 13. And the EU basically said, "Fuck you, you worthless citizen. We're gonna fuck up Youtube, Facebook etc. for you with this law. Cunt."

Even worse, today the EU set new CO2 emissions standards for cars. The limits are unattainable with the cars that people are buying. In order to achieve the CO2 emissions a gasoline car needs to get 4 L / 100 km and a diesel car 3.4 L / 100 km - IMPOSSIBLE for your average even small economy car.

They really are pushing for electric cars even though we lack the infrastructure. If memory serves me right, the retarded EU even financially punished Germany (again) because "we don't have enough alternative fuel stations" for different cars. Yeah, um.... if nobody fucking buys electric crap cars or hydrogen-fuel-cell cars, then why should someone invest in filling stations for such cars? Fucking EU retards.  :facepalm:

Link: https://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/article189900921/Vertragsverletzungsverfahren-EU-ruegt-zu-wenig-Oeko-Tankstellen-in-Deutschland-und-macht-ernst.html

We need a DEXIT. Now.

#FuckTheEU
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 27, 2019, 12:09:59 PM
  The new cars with this technology are literally going to be emergency braked down to this speed from say 180 km/h.
This is "literally" not how it works.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Laconian

I think you guys need to elect different MEPs to the EU more than you need a Dexit. You have representation. As an exporter of industrial goods, Germany benefits *massively* from the EU free trade zone and common currency.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 27, 2019, 12:17:24 PM
This is "literally" not how it works.

Yeah, it says it just cuts power. Shouldn't be a dangerous slow down. I don't see it as a safety issue, but it's very controlling and against my libertarian American sensibilities.

MX793

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 27, 2019, 12:46:46 PM
Yeah, it says it just cuts power. Shouldn't be a dangerous slow down. I don't see it as a safety issue, but it's very controlling and against my libertarian American sensibilities.

Yup.  No different than if you have the cruise control on, accelerate to get past another vehicle a little quicker, and then let off the gas and let cruise take over again.  The car doesn't slam on the brakes, it just let's off the throttle until you slow to what the cruise is set at.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

veeman

Well if Germany leaves the EU (dexit), the European Union would be over.  I'm not sure but I think if this law is implemented, the citizenry would finally be compelled to elect different powers.  I also can't picture Spanish or Italian drivers going for this.  My memory from a decade ago when I visited, they were pretty aggressive drivers. Maybe I'm wrong.

FoMoJo

Quote from: veeman on March 27, 2019, 05:14:43 PM
Well if Germany leaves the EU (dexit), the European Union would be over.  I'm not sure but I think if this law is implemented, the citizenry would finally be compelled to elect different powers.  I also can't picture Spanish or Italian drivers going for this.  My memory from a decade ago when I visited, they were pretty aggressive drivers. Maybe I'm wrong.
Being driven through Italy, my impression was that there was a haze of testosterone floating above the roadways; even from women on scooters.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Galaxy

Quote from: Laconian on March 27, 2019, 12:23:44 PM
I think you guys need to elect different MEPs to the EU more than you need a Dexit. You have representation. As an exporter of industrial goods, Germany benefits *massively* from the EU free trade zone and common currency.

They need to actually, well, vote. Voter participation at the last EU election was 42% on average across all member states. In the Slovakia  it was only 13%.  I wonder how many people complaining did not even bother to vote....

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 27, 2019, 12:46:46 PM

That is dangerous as all get out.

I was in German traffic in a stupid US minivan when the driver hit the 120mph limiter. It cut power completely till we got back down to like 90mph.

EXTREMELY DANGEROUS- if you're in a heavier car you're going to coast into a little beater that decelerates more quickly.

That's IF all cars cut at the same exact spot.
Will