Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 01, 2019, 05:47:40 PM
Overtaking on the right is illegal here and offenders are severely punished.

There's is apparently some talk of "legalizing" it if the Autobahns are bestowed with speed limits. I hope that never happens!

Noooooooooo!!!!! :lockedup: :frown: :cry:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 01, 2019, 05:47:40 PM
Overtaking on the right is illegal here and offenders are severely punished.

There's is apparently some talk of "legalizing" it if the Autobahns are bestowed with speed limits. I hope that never happens!

Your traffic will literally slow down way below the speed limit, accidents will go up, rage will grow.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Passing on the right is technically not legal in the US most places.

But then actually illegal for the person getting passed. There are laws in almost every state that you should stay right except to pass.
Will

r0tor

Wimmer would go nuts on my daily drive where it's routine for tractor trailers to drive side by side on a two lane highway struggling to go 35mph up a hill on a highway with a 65mph speed limit and 75mph normal speed
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: r0tor on February 01, 2019, 07:16:43 PM
Wimmer would go nuts on my daily drive where it's routine for tractor trailers to drive side by side on a two lane highway struggling to go 35mph up a hill on a highway with a 65mph speed limit and 75mph normal speed

I was so road-ragey when I came back from 4yrs living in Germany.

I felt safer tailgating (and being tailgated) at 95mph than I did at 55mph in MD/VA....
Will

AutobahnSHO

OH and it is absolutely ASTOUNDING how FEW trucks are for sale around the DC area compared to upstate NY. It's like night and day!
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 01, 2019, 07:04:46 PM
Your traffic will literally slow down way below the speed limit, accidents will go up, rage will grow.

Precisely.

It's bad enough that when there are 120 km/h speed limits, so many people are driving under this speed limit. It pisses me off. Even if I were to drive 120 km/h, the slow pokes in front of me would slow me down and piss me off.

It's incredibly annoying since I tend to either drive 125 km/h or 130 km/h when there are 120 km/h speed limits, so basically 5-10 km/h above the limit. Sometimes I will drive 20 km/h above the limit. If I am caught I just pay a small fine. It's worth it to me.

The current system works just fine. Nobody is forcing the slow pokes to speed, but they should stay in the slow lane and stop whining about the faster drivers getting all aggressive when they have to wait "for ages" behind them because the slow pokes just had to pull out, ruin the day of those behind them, and take their sweet frigging time overtaking a slow-moving truck/car...
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: r0tor on February 01, 2019, 07:16:43 PM

Remember that Angry German Kid viral hit Youtube video? That's me when I am driving on an Autobahn with speed limits and some wimps are driving 10-20 km/h below the limit on both the fast and slow lanes...

I swear the quality of drivers has gone down big time here. So many left-lane queens and slow drivers who have to pull out in front of you as you're speeding down the fast lane.  :frown:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

I honestly don't know if people understand they have to move to the right. No matter to me, I stopped caring about people's stupidity and incompetence on the roads
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

BimmerM3

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 02, 2019, 08:12:59 AM
I honestly don't know if people understand they have to move to the right. No matter to me, I stopped caring about people's stupidity and incompetence on the roads

A lot of people are completely oblivious.

But there are also a lot of people who think they're entitled to the left lane just because they're going 1 mph faster than some guy who's a mile and a half ahead of them instead of moving over for a few seconds to let people behind them by.

Laconian

Apparently Audi's engines run on the Miller cycle now? The spirit of the Mazda Millenia lives on!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

93JC

Hot damn that's a cool photo. Taken at the 24 Hours of Daytona last weekend.

Eye of the Tiger

That picture remind me of a Trapper Keeper that I had in school, until they got banned.

Pretty sure it was this one

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 93JC on February 03, 2019, 08:38:35 PM

Hot damn that's a cool photo. Taken at the 24 Hours of Daytona last weekend.
:clap:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

12,000 RPM

Someone at my job got a Q8, which is the same height as an Outback (at least with the air suspension slammed), which is about 1-2" taller than my Optima (they were parked side by side)

What is a hatchback, what is a crossover, what is an SUV? Kind of surreal

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 04, 2019, 10:57:27 AM
Someone at my job got a Q8, which is the same height as an Outback (at least with the air suspension slammed), which is about 1-2" taller than my Optima (they were parked side by side)

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a21786823/2019-audi-q8-first-drive-review/

The Q8 is, in the words of its maker, "a fusion of a four-door luxury coupe and a large SUV, with echoes of the Ur-Quattro."

Eye of the Tiger

Dear 2019 Chevy Blazer,

You look just like a slightly bigger Equinox, or slightly smaller Traverse. You are on the same platform. You have the same engines. Why do you exist?

68_427

Air suspension is amazing.

Friend's Jeep in GF ingress/egress height:

Fuck mall parking lot curbs height:

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

CaminoRacer

Nah you know what is more amazing? Hydraulic lift suspension. Doesn't change the spring rate, just the ride height.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

BimmerM3

I was browsing Consumer Reports earlier, and I thought it was very strange that they classified the Outback as a wagon, but the Crosstrek as an SUV, despite them both being based on normal height cars and have identical ground clearance figures in raised form.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 04, 2019, 05:25:37 PM
Dear 2019 Chevy Blazer,

You look just like a slightly bigger Equinox, or slightly smaller Traverse. You are on the same platform. You have the same engines. Why do you exist?
:lol: :huh: :nutty:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 68_427 on February 04, 2019, 05:29:43 PM
Air suspension is amazing.
Until it breaks............................

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 04, 2019, 05:25:37 PM
Dear 2019 Chevy Blazer,

Pretty decent interior, for a Chevy...

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

12,000 RPM

Those center vents are interesting.

"Alexa... ice my nuts"
"Icing... your nuts"

giant_mtb

Laconian

NA Miata ripoff vents

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

K-Mart ceiling ripoff vents

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

RomanChariot

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 04, 2019, 08:00:34 PM
Those center vents are interesting.

"Alexa... ice my nuts"
"Icing... your nuts"

Do you often straddle the center console?

CaminoRacer

Quote from: RomanChariot on February 05, 2019, 10:09:26 AM
Do you often straddle the center console?

Someone's gotta ride bitch
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV