Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

Soup DeVille

Quote from: shp4man on March 22, 2019, 02:29:51 PM
Or maybe far right.  ;)

He said Schnerdly was at an MB dealer getting his car serviced and saw it on the showroom.Told Limbaugh about it, Limbaugh checked it out, was impressed with the quiet and comfort, wrote a check.
Also said his first car was a new '69 LeMans, blue, white vinyl top and interior.

Must be nice to be able to buy a car that you can't even name.

Or maybe the stupidity bothers him. Maybe that's what the pills are for.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

cawimmer430

Damn fine machine.  :mrcool:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IXKTWX4MUo
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Submariner

$175k is pretty steep, even for a Merc.

But it is a very nice Merc.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

Is that the new Kia Stinger? Oh no, it's an Elantra. I mean a taxi.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

I want a Maserati. :thumbsup:

I was on the beltway (interstate) in my exit lane in Impreza when a car comes flying up fast behind me. Cloverleaf exit marked at 25mph with no one in front of me, so I figure what the heck and I take it as fast as I can (40mph?) while easing off the gas just a bit as the tires squealed.

We come onto a road with 3 lanes and the light had just turned green, with a car in the middle lane just starting to go. I take far right lane, Maserati guns it and takes far left lane. Sounded so sweet!   
:lol:

The road narrows to a single lane after a bit, I was still just a few cars behind for the next 5 miles or so through 35mph roads until I turned off. Couldn't hear Maserati anymore though.
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on March 22, 2019, 03:00:17 PM
$175k is pretty steep, even for a Merc.

But it is a very nice Merc.

It's very expensive, but our friendly neighborhood car-reviewer Doug seems to think it's excellent value given the technology, the features and the performance.

This and the new CLS are currently some of my favorite Benzes.  :wub:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 22, 2019, 04:56:17 PM
Is that the new Kia Stinger? Oh no, it's an Elantra. I mean a taxi.

This would make an awesome taxi. Your run-of-the-mill E220d Taxi can only do what? 230 km/h max? SLOW! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 23, 2019, 04:43:34 AM
It's very expensive, but our friendly neighborhood car-reviewer Doug seems to think it's excellent value given the technology, the features and the performance.

This and the new CLS are currently some of my favorite Benzes.  :wub:
Are there any current Benzes that aren't your favorite  :drool:

I think it's a good car that's only a hair overpriced.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

I hate how European reviewers benchmark literally everything against BMW's, it doesn't make sense. I notice this a lot with CUV reviews; they'll literally say that a Hyundai Santa Fe isn't as good as an X5.

Well, no shit! The X5's base starting price is like $20k more than the Santa Fe! Both in the US, AND abroad; where basic X5's are £26k more.

It seems strange; I mean I would be upset if a $60k X5 WASNT better than a $30K Hyundai. They're not the same pricing.

MX793

Quote from: 2o6 on March 23, 2019, 10:59:47 AM
I hate how European reviewers benchmark literally everything against BMW's, it doesn't make sense. I notice this a lot with CUV reviews; they'll literally say that a Hyundai Santa Fe isn't as good as an X5.

Well, no shit! The X5's base starting price is like $20k more than the Santa Fe! Both in the US, AND abroad; where basic X5's are £26k more.

It seems strange; I mean I would be upset if a $60k X5 WASNT better than a $30K Hyundai. They're not the same pricing.

I wonder if it's related to the prevalence of "company cars" in Europe.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

2o6

I also hate how all of Europe gushes over the Fiesta. The Fiesta is fun to drive, and I like the 1.0L, but the rest of the car sucks! It's exceptionally tight inside, kind of expensive without incentives, and isn't made very well, either.

FoMoJo

Quote from: 2o6 on March 23, 2019, 11:03:41 AM
I also hate how all of Europe gushes over the Fiesta. The Fiesta is fun to drive, and I like the 1.0L, but the rest of the car sucks! It's exceptionally tight inside, kind of expensive without incentives, and isn't made very well, either.
Does Europe get the same Fiesta and North America?

Granted, it's tight inside, but perhaps moreso for North Americans rather than Europeans.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

2o6

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 23, 2019, 11:20:59 AM
Does Europe get the same Fiesta and North America?

Granted, it's tight inside, but perhaps moreso for North Americans rather than Europeans.

Yes.

The Fiesta is badly packaged. Being shorter or less wide won't fit its lack of space. Literally all of its competitors are more accommodating.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 23, 2019, 09:40:49 AM
Are there any current Benzes that aren't your favorite  :drool:

I think it's a good car that's only a hair overpriced.

The thing is, if I had the money and the garage space I'd love to have an AMG GT 4-Door and the new CLS. The design inside and out is just hot.

As for other Benzes, it comes down to liking them or tolerating them. I like/tolerate most of the lineup. What I don't like, here's the list: GLA, GLE/GLE Coupe, GLC Coupe, GLS, X-Class.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

Are the European subcompacts better? I know the Fit and Versa have crazy packaging efficiency but maybe the likes of the 208 and Polo don't.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on March 23, 2019, 11:03:41 AM

I'm pretty fat, and my Fiesta feels huge inside.
And I got $4K off msrp because merica.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CaminoRacer

These spectator races are so trashy lol

https://youtu.be/Lj7NST6dNpA
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

I love this body style of the Toyota Crown, so clean, simple, elegant and gorgeous. I had no idea it was available with a V8.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5x3AQG3plo

Here's one with an inline-6, gorgeous.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S0dKSHCU4I

www.wimmerfotografie.de

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  on February 25, 2019, 10:06:28 AM
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/davie/fl-ne-davie-tesla-crash-fole-20190225-story.html

Son of a family friend. Conflicting reports I've heard say that the Tesla may have caught fire before the crash. Not sure how it actually happened, though. Guess we'll never know.

That's terrible.  Sorry to hear about this.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 24, 2019, 04:00:44 AM
I love this body style of the Toyota Crown, so clean, simple, elegant and gorgeous. I had no idea it was available with a V8.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5x3AQG3plo

Here's one with an inline-6, gorgeous.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S0dKSHCU4I

Do you jizz over cars like that as much as the 1970s land cruisers?  This is a completely different animal.  :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 24, 2019, 12:06:43 AM
These spectator races are so trashy lol

https://youtu.be/Lj7NST6dNpA

When I first watched it, I thought the sedan got heavily damaged during the race, but when I watched it the second time, I saw that it was a mess to begin with.  That pickup truck driver was pretty trashy.  Did he attack the other guy just because the other guy beat him?  Pretty funny.

Soup DeVille

Looks like the Neon was playing close, but never actually hit the truck. The truck clearly went out of his way to rear end the Neon after it was passed on the outside. Ol' trucker just didn't like the way Neon boy was playin'.

(Don't take your brand new leased Ram to a State Fairgrounds and try to race it wheel to wheel if you're that senstive in the first place)
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

Neon might have bumped him. I think the announcer thought he did. It's hard to tell from the camera angle.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

cawimmer430

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2019, 05:58:44 AM
Do you jizz over cars like that as much as the 1970s land cruisers?  This is a completely different animal.  :lol:

I like the pleasing, elegant and very Japanese design on these cars.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Gotta say, I love the Augmented Reality feature of MBUX. It's so practical and simple but ensures that you always take the correct lane etc.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

r0tor

Good driving by the neon... My wife had an identical pale green neon - have to inform her it was actually a racecar
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

veeman

I'm glad the cops didn't seem like they were going to arrest anyone.  Just break it up.  Settle down, settle down. 

giant_mtb

Quote from: veeman on March 25, 2019, 12:58:41 PM
I'm glad the cops didn't seem like they were going to arrest anyone.  Just break it up.  Settle down, settle down. 

Fighting with helmets on is always a lose-lose.  Also, never fight somebody with a helmet on when you don't...they'll headbutt you to another planet.

Galaxy

So no VR6 in the next Golf R after all it seems, plus the Golf VIII is delayed until 2020.