Q: PIC Of ALL NEW 2016 Volvo XC80 Followup Crossover to the NEXT XC90 for MY16?

Started by Atomic, August 29, 2014, 09:17:09 PM

Atomic

Not an expert of Photoshopping in anyway whatsoever so I cannot rule this in or out when studying the "design theme" of what may be...

THE SECOND ALL NEW VOLVO CROSSOVER DUE IN MODEL YEAR 2016

Thoughts on authenticity photoshop detectives? If the styling, real of "dreamt" signals its look, I think it would fit in quite nicely between the current 2015.5 Volvo XC60, tried-and-true MY15.5 XC70 (on sale this week) and stately 2016 XC90.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Atomic

Quote from: 68_427 on August 29, 2014, 09:18:34 PM
Would help if the picture would show up.

Photobucket rejected passcode. Problem fixed. Thanks, man. It is up now. Finally.

Tom

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Atomic

2016 VOLVO XC80 CONCEPT

*ABOVE: Non-tinted Windows Could Signify a Lower Priced Base Model or Used as "Design Studio" Display to Show-off Volvo's Super Safety and Mighty Comfy Seats. Trust me on the Seats. Great Support on my Volvo's and the Most Comfortable of Any Vehicle I Have Been in Pre and Post Near Fatal MVA

*ABOVE: Nice Rear Styling on Volvo's XC80 Conceptual Model / *BELOW: Fussy Pic of XC80 Concept's Front Facia

*Concept Photography (All but Initial Pic Posted at Top): Courtesy of Volvo Global

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Atomic

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 30, 2014, 05:58:47 AM
All this shit and no compact CUV lol good luck Volvo

Didn't post timeline here. Largest XC90 1st, XC80... Then mid-sized and sized below to follow in quick succession per Automotive Group. AWD can be had on S60, V60, XC60 but these will be redesigned, too.

Atomic

C O M P A R I S I O N

(1) CURRENT GENERATION VOLVO V60 VERSATILITY WAGON
(File pics, below)

(2) CURRENT GENERATION VOLVO XC60
(File pics, below)

(3) VEHICLE IN QUESTION
(Heard XC60 from a Reader / Non Existent Vehicle from Another)

2o6

Atomic

Lots of Twitter Carspin followers of great importance and always most welcome. My personal interest in driving my first Volvo (XC60 T6) began with safety as reason #1 after life altering injuries I struggle with still from a horrendous head-on collision*

*Fault of a driver speeding in the wrong lane wintertime...

I share this as some think I work for Volvo (I WISH) or question our fun, harmless banters at Carspin. I do not get offended. On the contrary  :winkguy: Trust me. Cars bring out passion and that is why we are all here... Providing our spin on what cars, trucks, SUVs, crossover bring out love, hate, indifference.

How terrible it would be FOR ME if treated any differently now than pre vehicular accident. Even though the MVA (motor vehicle accident) occurred about four (4) years now, I am still mending status post coma and all. One last FYI: Cognitive barriers exist, i.e., those affecting word finding, sequencing, typing speed.

All in fun and do not let anyone, i.e., me (LOL) scare you from returning daily.

Atomic

Quote from: 2o6 on August 30, 2014, 07:26:18 AM

xC60. It's been on sale for like three years now

Exactly but it is due for a redesign in calendar year 2016 as a MY16. I doubt there will be drastic exterior changes to what I consider to be one of the sexiest vehicles on the road today. Due to (costly) AN membership for trade newspapers, magazines subscription, I cannot link to any of the global "Automotive News" publications I receive.

I will reread the articles I earmarked on forthcoming cars and provide more details regarding Volvo's timeline of a total revamp, beginning with the most conservatively styled 2016 XC90, as we are finally learning much about.

NOTE: Go to Carspin's "The Big Guys" thread by CJ / Initial "Luxury" thread by Atomic for older postings

Concerning the smaller Volvo's sold aboard today, the cost of Americanizing them to meet our strict regulatory requirements would be put to better use producing an all new lineup of North American/U.S. friendly, higher MPG and far more contemporary range of far more affordable Volvo's.

Sources: Automotive News (Global), Volvo of North America

Atomic

VARIETY HELPS
R-DESIGN / POLESTAR / INSCRIPTION

Above, R-Design (XC60 Model Shown); Below, V60 R-Design Model