FBC's 300ZX

Started by FlatBlackCaddy, December 03, 2005, 06:17:57 PM

FlatBlackCaddy

Sorry if the images are too big for dial up users.

Not pictured is the extra set of 17" TSW's shod with Eagle F1 tires(brand new).

Raza

Beautiful.  I love the ambience.  Nature shots are you thing, FBC.  ;)

I do adore the body style.  Hopefully you'll find a sunny day and get it into some natural light.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

thanks raza, i just snapped some in the garage because there is 5 inches of snow outside.

If it was earlier in the day(and i didn't mind washing it again) i was going to pull it out in the back yard and get some picks of it in front of the pond and woods(all snow covered). I think it would look pretty sweet, a nice clean black Z surrounded by snow covered landscape.

I will do a "photoshoot" one day during the summer, probobly bring it to this scenic overlook down by the river(get stillwater in the background).  

footoflead

Quotethanks raza, i just snapped some in the garage because there is 5 inches of snow outside.

If it was earlier in the day(and i didn't mind washing it again) i was going to pull it out in the back yard and get some picks of it in front of the pond and woods(all snow covered). I think it would look pretty sweet, a nice clean black Z surrounded by snow covered landscape.

I will do a "photoshoot" one day during the summer, probobly bring it to this scenic overlook down by the river(get stillwater in the background).
Looking forward to it!!!! B)  :rockon:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Tom

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

mazda6er

Gosh, tha's purty. B)  Some light touching up and it'll look like it just came off the lot. :rockon:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

280Z Turbo

WOW! Looks clean!

Now whip out that MSA catalog and get to work! ;) You should look into a pair of their embroidered floormats.

FlatBlackCaddy

I do plan to clean it up alot more. There is still some buffing compound in some of the cracks. As you can see from the first pick, the front puper cover is alittle rough(it had a bra on it). I'll probobly end up painting the bumper cover. Otherwise its just in need of a good detail job.

I plan to get the floor mats from nissan, they are only 60(i think, or 50) bucks. The bose stereo works pretty good(as far as nissan bose stereo's go). I'll use it until some problem comes up(its pretty nice, 6 disk in dash player). Then i'll look into a new HU.

I'm planning some small mods to it, first thing is enhancing coolant(both oil and engine coolant) efficiency. I'll probobly put a new radiator and oil cooler in it, it just had the 60K service done so its pretty much up to date(only 66K on the clock).

Boy i can't wait until next summer. Its tough looking at it knowing i won't be driving it for a couple months.

Laconian

You have good taste in cars FBC!

How functional is that boost gauge? The gauges in the DSMs I drove were absolute garbage, which makes me wonder if OEM boost gauges are like that in general, or if it was just Mitsu cutting costs.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Cobra93

Very nice!  :praise:  I like that body style MUCH better than the new ones.

So................ You gonna sell your supercharged twin engine Del Sol? :lol:

FlatBlackCaddy

QuoteYou have good taste in cars FBC!

How functional is that boost gauge? The gauges in the DSMs I drove were absolute garbage, which makes me wonder if OEM boost gauges are like that in general, or if it was just Mitsu cutting costs.
Thanks, i like to think i do. :D

The boost gauge seems pretty accurate, it certainly is more than a ballpark reading.

Though i'm sure a aftermarket unit will be alot better.

FlatBlackCaddy

QuoteVery nice!  :praise:  I like that body style MUCH better than the new ones.

So................ You gonna sell your supercharged twin engine Del Sol? :lol:
Yup, its my favorite Z. It looks great even for being a (now) 17 year old design.

As for the del i have no intentions of selling, are you crazy, that car is hot.

I've already had a couple offers for it(both exceding 100K), but i will never let it go, its a true collector car.

Catman

Don't let Wesman see this thread.

Nice ride FBC! B)