I Can't Deprive You Guys

Started by Speed_Racer, December 05, 2005, 06:27:10 PM

Raza

QuoteLooks like your day picked the wrong time of year to pick up a convertable <_< ,  Looks sweet though, tell us how it is once you drive it :rockon: .
I just drove an MX-5 (same color as your dad's Speed Racer) and the dealer said they couldn't keep them on the lots.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lazerous

QuoteDid he consider a Solstice?
Actually, I remember recently reading in a magazine ( it was either C&D or Motor Trend) where they test drove and compared both the solstice and the MX-5 and the MX-5 ended up being the overall winner, so I believe his dad made a good puchase, plus you cant always trust American cars, epecially once you get some good mileage on them.

Anyway, Congrats on the car and have fun with it :D

footoflead

QuoteDid he consider a Solstice?
Actually, I remember recently reading in a magazine ( it was either C&D or Motor Trend) where they test drove and compared both the solstice and the MX-5 and the MX-5 ended up being the overall winner, so I believe his dad made a good puchase, plus you cant always trust American cars, epecially once you get some good mileage on them.

Anyway, Congrats on the car and have fun with it :D
the same argument could be made about some imports  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;) ...neither imports or domestic's are even close to perfection... ;)  ;)
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

BRealistic

QuoteLowering a car doesn't necessarily improve its handling, you're screwing up what the manufacturer engineered.
Lowering the car lowers the center of gravity. That is good.

But drive a curvy bumpy road, and that lowering actually hurts the handling since the car will either hit the bump stops or 'skip' on the bumps. I have had lowered cars that did this.

Raza

QuoteLowering a car doesn't necessarily improve its handling, you're screwing up what the manufacturer engineered.
Lowering the car lowers the center of gravity. That is good.

But drive a curvy bumpy road, and that lowering actually hurts the handling since the car will either hit the bump stops or 'skip' on the bumps. I have had lowered cars that did this.
True--sometimes people make the suspension so hard that the car actually lifts off the ground on bumpy road surfaces--you can't turn if your tires don't touch the ground.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.