I Can't Deprive You Guys

Started by Speed_Racer, December 05, 2005, 06:27:10 PM

Speed_Racer

I already posted this at C&D, but why deprive my Carspin buds?

2006 MX-5 Sport
Copper Red Mica/Black

That's him in the car:

That's only 1 mile on the odometer:

Front:

Speed_Racer

GMPenguin

Very nice. B)  Who might this be, though?  Just a friend?

<_< EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid and didn't read the subtitle thing. :ph34r:  

Run Away

Wow, congrats.

I think that car is almost up there with mine on the "needs to be lowered" scale.

Wheels look a bit too big, and the wheel gap is also pretty big. Drop it like it's hot!

BMWDave

gorgeous!!  I love the color :wub:

Very classy and very nice looking ride :)

How does the handling compare with your Mr2?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Speed_Racer

BMWDave: I havent even seen it yet. I'm going to school here in UT, and he's back in NH. I'll see it in less than two weeks though, and I'll compare it to the MR2. I'll get good pics, too.

GMPenguin: I'm sure as the suspension gets worn in, it'll drop down just a bit. It actually looks just fine to me. It definitely doesn't look like it was lifted (haha). So far, he has no plans for it. Just enjoy having a new car (hmm...that smell).

Catman

Awesome.  I'll be picking one up when I make Lieutenant. ;)  

BMWDave

QuoteBMWDave: I havent even seen it yet. I'm going to school here in UT, and he's back in NH. I'll see it in less than two weeks though, and I'll compare it to the MR2. I'll get good pics, too.

GMPenguin: I'm sure as the suspension gets worn in, it'll drop down just a bit. It actually looks just fine to me. It definitely doesn't look like it was lifted (haha). So far, he has no plans for it. Just enjoy having a new car (hmm...that smell).
I see.  Its a nice ride, enjoy! :)

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Speed_Racer

It's gonna be a blast taking it for a spin. I can't wait!

Run Away

Sure it looks lifted, what other new sports car that shows half of it's tread (front tires) when viewed while standing up:

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Speed_Racer

QuoteMid-life crisis much? ;)
Haha...he def. deserved it.

At least after putting up with me for 18 years. He's been waiting many years to get a sports car again. The last one he owned was a Datsun 240Z back in the 70s, so it's definitely been a while.

Tom

I wish him and his fine car many miles of happy motoring :rockon:  

footoflead

Wow..arent you a lucky bastard....get to drive around a MR2 and will get to drive your dads Miata...(MX5 to be correct)...
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

JYODER240

Looks like your day picked the wrong time of year to pick up a convertable <_< ,  Looks sweet though, tell us how it is once you drive it :rockon: .
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Speed_Racer

QuoteLooks like your day picked the wrong time of year to pick up a convertable <_< ,  Looks sweet though, tell us how it is once you drive it :rockon: .
He probably actually picked the right time...winter isn't the strongest sales period for convertibles. Most wait until the spring weather reminds them that a convertible would be great, so then you can't find anything in stock at a dealership.

The Mazda dealer my dad bought his car from was actually selling the MX-5s so quickly. My dad arrived just after they got a shipment of 10 MX5s, and I think by the time he returned 2 days later to pick up the car, they were nearly all gone.

He just saw a really good deal ($1500 under MSRP) and took it, even though he'd have to wait to really use it.

And I definitely will write up a report on how it drives as soon as I get my hands on the key.  B)  

Raza

QuoteLooks like your day picked the wrong time of year to pick up a convertable <_< ,  Looks sweet though, tell us how it is once you drive it :rockon: .
Cars are like jackets.  The best time to buy them is off season.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

No offense, but those pics are FUNNY in the sense that your dad is sitting in a convertible with SNOW in the background.  :lol:

Nice car congrats! Is it noticebly bigger than the previous version?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

mazda6er

Awesome car. B) I still like the MR2 better though. :praise:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Tom

NomisR

QuoteBMWDave: I havent even seen it yet. I'm going to school here in UT, and he's back in NH. I'll see it in less than two weeks though, and I'll compare it to the MR2. I'll get good pics, too.

Nice car, I really liked it when I drove it.  It's really tossable and fun.  But like Wimmer said, it looks weird seeing a Convertible in the snow like that.  

Oh, and for the raised height of your dad's car, since it only has 1 mile on it, it definately hasn't had the PDI done on it.  So make sure they do it correctly.  From the raised suspension, they might still have the plastic spring spacer on it.  Did he take delivery yet?

Speed_Racer

Ok, replies:

FOL: I won't be driving it much at all. He's quite protective of his cars, plus I'd be wicked nervous about screwing up. We are planning on taking short day trips through NH/VT/ME, him in the MX-5 and me in my MR2. It's gonna be very competitive between us. Haha! Luckily, there are some really great roads up in New England. He's also into photography, so he'll be taking his camera with him a lot to catch some nice views and such.

wimmer: He drove it home that day, about 50 minutes, with the top down the whole way. He just blasted the heater (it was in the 30s).

Tom: He barely looked at it. He didn't even go to a Pontiac dealership and glance at one. He was able to get his car under MSRP, while the Solstice still has large markups (so I've heard). He knew that Mazda has pretty much perfected the Miata formula, and he felt that the Solstice traded in a bit of sharpness and sportiness in the name of a more comfortable ride. And...he had some bad experiences with domestics in the past (early 90s), so he doesn't want to risk his money like that.

NomisR: He took delivery yesterday, and it was prepped and such. That's the only reason why he couldn't take it home this past Saturday. I believe that the pictures were taken just as he was about to leave the lot to go home with it, but I'll check on that. I'll also have him look for spacers if that pic was taken just as he was taking it home.

Secret Chimp

I think it appears raised simply because there was crud on the left tread and it was turned out of the wheel well slightly. It looks fine from the side profile.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

autom?vel

Very nice car.  You can tell your old man really likes it from that first picture.  Now you just have to persuade him that if he wants a daughter-in-law, he's going to have to let his son take it for a spin every now and then.      ;)
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

cawimmer430

Gorgeous car though Speed Racer. Congrats once again.   :praise:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

Well kid, I'll be driving one tomorrow.  I'll tell you what you're missing out.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

QuoteI think it appears raised simply because there was crud on the left tread and it was turned out of the wheel well slightly. It looks fine from the side profile.
Actually from the side it looks as thought there is at least a 3"- 4" gap between the tires and the fenders.  My 1996 Mustang GT looked like it had 4x4 suspension when I bought it.  I lowered it 1.5" and it looked perfect.  I think a lowering kit would dramatically improve looks and handling for the MX-5.

ifcar

Lowering a car doesn't necessarily improve its handling, you're screwing up what the manufacturer engineered.  

SVT666

QuoteLowering a car doesn't necessarily improve its handling, you're screwing up what the manufacturer engineered.
If you lower it with proper springs and caster/camber plates, then more often then not you will be improving the handling.  For all of my Mustangs I used Ford Racing suspension except one.  On the one I didn't use Ford Racing, I used Kenne Brown and that was a great setup.  Very expensive, but it was great.  So if you use a system that is engineered properly, you will most definitely improve the handling.