Ferrari for Real: 575M Replacement Spied!

Started by BMWDave, May 17, 2005, 05:11:35 PM

BMWDave

Ferrari, for real: 600 Imola spied pounding around Fiorano test track
AUTOWEEK
Posted Date: 5/17/05
While Ferrari is unlikely to produce the Super Enzo (AW, May 16) seen pounding around its Fiorano test track, there is still good news out of Maranello: A long-overdue replacement for the 575M Maranello is nearly ready for public view.

The Pininfarina-designed car, codenamed F139 and seen here in camouflaged form, will likely debut at the Geneva motor show in March 2006 under the name 600 Imola. The 600 shares its platform with Ferrari?s 612 Scaglietti, making it considerably larger than the 575.

Naturally, the 600 also will be faster. The V12, based on the 612?s 5.75-liter engine (itself an updated version of the 575?s engine), is bored out to 6.0 liters and will deliver more than the 612?s 540 hp, with output perhaps falling somewhere between 580 and 600 hp. The 600 Imola will feature some of the 612 Scaglietti?s styling elements, though perhaps not as pronounced as seen here.

**I'm sure this thing is camoed to look like the 612.  Thoughts?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

Is that a different rear lower fascia?  Have the exhaust pipes always come out there?

BMWDave

QuoteIs that a different rear lower fascia?  Have the exhaust pipes always come out there?
This is a totally new car, but I do believe that the exhausts come out from there.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

I can see the front end styling is much different then the past 575...and I'm not sure if it looks better or worse... <_<  

Catman

Colonel Cadillac

Fire It Up

AUTOWEEK
While Ferrari is unlikely to produce the Super Enzo (AW, May 16) seen pounding around its Fiorano test track, there is still good news out of Maranello: A long-overdue replacement for the 575M Maranello is nearly ready for public view.

The Pininfarina-designed car, codenamed F139 and seen here in camouflaged form, will likely debut at the Geneva motor show in March 2006 under the name 600 Imola. The 600 shares its platform with Ferrari?s 612 Scaglietti, making it considerably larger than the 575.

Naturally, the 600 also will be faster. The V12, based on the 612?s 5.75-liter engine (itself an updated version of the 575?s engine), is bored out to 6.0 liters and will deliver more than the 612?s 540 hp, with output perhaps falling somewhere between 580 and 600 hp. The 600 Imola will feature some of the 612 Scaglietti?s styling elements, though perhaps not as pronounced as seen here.

**I'm sure this thing is camoed to look like the 612.  Thoughts?
Another Spaggeti/Scagletti car? No.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

QuoteLooks like a Vette. :lol:
The 575's always have!  especially the side profile!  

Secret Chimp

I'm guessing that's just some warped Scag bodywork covering the mule, much like that strange mini-RX-8 Miata we saw photos of a few months ago. Whatever it may look like, I definitely dig the name.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

BMWDave

QuoteI'm guessing that's just some warped Scag bodywork covering the mule, much like that strange mini-RX-8 Miata we saw photos of a few months ago. Whatever it may look like, I definitely dig the name.
Yea, I think its just camo.  And the name is nice :praise:  

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

AUTOWEEK

**I'm sure this thing is camoed to look like the 612.  Thoughts?
Another Spaggeti/Scagletti car? No.
I think thats just body camo.

2007 Honda S2000

Lebowski

Fire It Up

Oh, wait; I think you can see a reak in the skin, meaning it is camo...

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club