Started by Rich, December 21, 2014, 11:21:32 PM

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Rockraven on December 22, 2014, 06:15:28 PM
I was going to say Cadillac depreciation will make this an appealing car in 2-3 years, until I researched the asking prices of 2010-2013 CTS-Vs. Holy shit, they are mostly up in the $45-60,000 range, and holding their value better than Merc AMGs and BMW 5 series and M5s. I had no idea these cars held their value so well.
My cousin said the same thing! He still hasn't purchased one because of the high prices...
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

GoCougs

GM has an angle here. Supercharged motors are better than turbo motors and in general the German battle cruisers (M5, RS7, E63) just aren't very good. I'm not surprised the 2nd gen CTS-V is retaining better value that the GBCs. If I'm honest for the third gen CTS-V I would have advocated an LS7 replacement with ~550-575 N/A hp. GM would have had a significant angle then. Probably not as all out fast but better sound, better response, and vastly more character.

SVT666

Quote from: 68_427 on December 22, 2014, 06:16:52 PM
Buy one down here
They're still really pricey, and the exchange rate sucks ass right now.

SVT666

I hope this thing makes the last CTS-V a little cheaper...but, I want a wagon and that's going to hold it's value incredibly well.

68_427

Quote from: GoCougs on December 22, 2014, 10:04:46 PM
GM has an angle here. Supercharged motors are better than turbo motors and in general the German battle cruisers (M5, RS7, E63) just aren't very good. I'm not surprised the 2nd gen CTS-V is retaining better value that the GBCs. If I'm honest for the third gen CTS-V I would have advocated an LS7 replacement with ~550-575 N/A hp. GM would have had a significant angle then. Probably not as all out fast but better sound, better response, and vastly more character.

Gm wanted a big displacement na v8 for the z06 but couldn't get it to meet emissions requirements
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

Quote from: GoCougs on December 22, 2014, 10:04:46 PM

Supercharged motors have next to no lag

Personally I think the breed peaked around the E39 M5 era. Once they started chasing HP things kinda went to shit. E39 M5 is the ÜGBC
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Raza

Quote from: ifcar on December 22, 2014, 07:00:45 PM
A fine example of restrained design, that.

More restrained than this, as least. If this is handcuffs, the old one was a full on straitjacket. The new one is all vents and slashes and more vents. It looks like someone slapped a CTS with a Fast and Furious prop car.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: 68_427 on December 22, 2014, 07:51:52 PM
Red :wub:

The All New 2016 #CTS #Vseries

Hmm, in the dark and obscured by smoke, it does look pretty decent.  ;)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

You could hear it pulling timing as it backed up.

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

hotrodalex

Mike the news of this car must be terrible for your resale value. New rocket couch king in town.

Payman

Dodge builds new Viper, high fives all round.
Chevy builds new Z06.
Fuck.

Dodge builds new Charger Hellcat, high fives all round.
Caddy builds new CTS-V.
FFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK.

FlatBlackCaddy

I hear vipers are going for big bucks below MSRP(or were) pretty tempting when you can get a base viper for Z51 money.

I think the new viper is really nice, and from all the guys who own vipers(as well as vets) most say there is no comparison on the racetrack(in favor of the viper).

I admit, I kicked the idea around for a few minutes.

:hmm:

Payman

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 23, 2014, 02:21:10 PM
I hear vipers are going for big bucks below MSRP(or were) pretty tempting when you can get a base viper for Z51 money.

I think the new viper is really nice, and from all the guys who own vipers(as well as vets) most say there is no comparison on the racetrack(in favor of the viper).

I admit, I kicked the idea around for a few minutes.

:hmm:

I doubt any of those guys have driven a new Z06 yet. Plus, a base Viper is a still a few grand more than Z06 money.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Rockraven on December 23, 2014, 02:35:19 PM
I doubt any of those guys have driven a new Z06 yet. Plus, a base Viper is a still a few grand more than Z06 money.

Some people are claiming pretty large discounts, like 15K+. Most of the comparison comments came from guys that had new vipers and usually C6 Z's or Zr1's. The consensus has usually been the same, no matter what generations are compared. The viper is a true track car, the Z usually needs some work if you are going to track it to any degree. Granted everyone agrees the viper is the harder car to drive fast, but it is the one capable of being the fastest(in stock forms).

GoCougs

Quote from: Rockraven on December 23, 2014, 02:17:26 PM
Chevy builds new Z06.
Fuck.

Caddy builds new CTS-V.
FFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK.

Ford fanboys (can't blame 'em really - GM's kicking Ford's ass in the hi-po department).

Payman

Quote from: GoCougs on December 23, 2014, 03:13:00 PM
Ford fanboys (can't blame 'em really - GM's kicking Ford's ass in the hi-po department).

The Mustang is finally a good Pony car, but that's all Ford has. I hear the GT is coming back, but probably track only and mega $$$.

I'd love to see Ford make a mid-engine Coyote based sportscar, priced to compete with the Stingray.

SVT666

Quote from: Rockraven on December 23, 2014, 02:35:19 PM
Wouldn't matter if they did.  The new Z06 can only do 1 lap before having to be parked.

SVT666

Quote from: Rockraven on December 23, 2014, 02:17:26 PM
Chevy builds new Z06.
Fuck.

Caddy builds new CTS-V.
FFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK.
What the hell are you talking about?  When the new Viper came out everybody criticised the shit out of it for being no faster than the last one and looking identical to the first gen aside from the nose and being way too much money.  The new Viper has gotten no love from anyone.  The new Z06's ECU programming, whether intentional or not, is unacceptable.  If it weren't for that, I think it's a world beater.  The Charger Hellcat is awesome.  The CTS-V is awesome.  Nobody said otherwise.  I just hope it doesn't have the same power loss issues the new Z06 has.

SVT666

Quote from: Rockraven on December 23, 2014, 03:21:05 PM
The Mustang is finally a good Pony car, but that's all Ford has. I hear the GT is coming back, but probably track only and mega $$$.
The Mustang isn't just a good pony car, it's the best.  It also rivals anything the Europeans make that cost twice as much.  The GT is back and will be street legal.  It will have a track only sibling that will be competing at LeMans.

Payman

Quote from: SVT666 on December 23, 2014, 03:32:04 PM
What the hell are you talking about?  When the new Viper came out everybody criticised the shit out of it for being no faster than the last one and looking identical to the first gen aside from the nose and being way too much money.  The new Viper has gotten no love from anyone.  The new Z06's ECU programming, whether intentional or not, is unacceptable.  If it weren't for that, I think it's a world beater.  The Charger Hellcat is awesome.  The CTS-V is awesome.  Nobody said otherwise.  I just hope it doesn't have the same power loss issues the new Z06 has.

Relax. It's just a little tongue-in-cheek humour from Chrysler's point of view.

Payman

Quote from: SVT666 on December 23, 2014, 03:34:59 PM
The Mustang isn't just a good pony car, it's the best.  It also rivals anything the Europeans make that cost twice as much.  The GT is back and will be street legal.  It will have a track only sibling that will be competing at LeMans.

The first 2 sentences are your personal opinions, nothing more. I'd opine that the Challenger is better built and better looking inside and out, and the Z28 kills any Mustang on the track.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: SVT666 on December 23, 2014, 03:34:59 PM

It's just soooo god damn heavy though.

Payman

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 23, 2014, 03:42:21 PM
It's just soooo god damn heavy though.

All Pony cars are, and the Mustang is the lightest.

68_427

The mustang is only about 40lbs lighter now as well if that.
'racecar is die'
no