The Official Sixth Gen Camaro Thread!

Started by Gotta-Qik-C7, January 19, 2015, 06:37:04 PM

FlatBlackCaddy

I think I've seen like 1 ss sedan, not even sure of that, I'm just assuming ive seen one and forgot.

ifcar

Quote from: Raza  on July 04, 2016, 09:05:00 AM
Did the windows on the new Camaro get even smaller!?

I can spread my hand and touch the dashboard and ceiling at the same time.  :lol:

68_427

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 04, 2016, 09:34:18 AM
Saw a bright red SS sedan today. I really, really like that thing

Unlike the Camaro those ARE included in the 20% off sale.  Been trying to get Mike to buy one all weekend.  36-39k for a brand new SS is awesome.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

CaminoRacer

SS sedans are legit. Just need an actual name...
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

MrH

$36k for a new SS is a crazy deal. If someone bulldozes the 4runner and totals it, I'll go get one
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rich

Shit. If I can find a deal on one next year I'll do it
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

FlatBlackCaddy

36k sounds really expensive for a ss, is it still a decade old holden chassis?

I'd think mid to upper 30s would be better spent on a cadi if you want to keep it in the gm stable, otherwise a base 3er would blow it away in everything but power.

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on July 04, 2016, 09:14:52 AM
Windshield and door windows appear to be the exact same size.  Rear quarter windows I think got a little smaller, and are positioned high enough that the blindspot has certainly gotten larger.  Rear glass is definitely smaller, and that's before taking into account the speaker shelf inside the car impinging on the aperture.

So that's an overall yes. What a fucking mess. Feels like they painted themselves into a corner with their Transformers car, and they're stuck now.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

68_427

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on July 04, 2016, 03:28:43 PM
36k sounds really expensive for a ss, is it still a decade old holden chassis?

I'd think mid to upper 30s would be better spent on a cadi if you want to keep it in the gm stable, otherwise a base 3er would blow it away in everything but power.

I wouldn't dimiss it that easily

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbLweooe3aM

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2015-chevrolet-ss-second-test-review/

QuoteIf you can find a better sedan, buy it. 

'racecar is die'
no

FlatBlackCaddy

I watched a few minutes of that, sounds like a fantastic car. Too bad it's wrapped in such an ambiguous package consisting of 3 decades worth of mediocre gm design elements, mashed into one.

Like I said, a lot better car for the money out there. The magazines are just drunk on the power and the stick, something the general public could give 2 shits about.

MrH

I'd take a monumental effort to get rid of all of the tacky chrome, but I think it would pretty good once it's all gone.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CaminoRacer

MrH

Hey, I like the SS a lot.  I just hate how GM slaps chrome on everything.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

12,000 RPM

I just can't get over the fact that it looks like a previous gen Malibu. I'm certain its a brilliant drive, especially with Magnaride.... but for V8 + 6MT + GM sedan it's always gonna be a used CTS-V. I am a big fan of the originals, nasty creaky interiors, wheel hop issues and all.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

SJ_GTI

Hm, is there a way to see where Chevy SS's are in stock?

If I could find the right color I would seriously consider this. Using Chevy's website and their "inventory search" function all I get is a message to "contact your dealer" 9and then they list the 10 closest dealers), which I assumes means none are in stock.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 05, 2016, 07:53:54 AM
Hm, is there a way to see where Chevy SS's are in stock?

If I could find the right color I would seriously consider this. Using Chevy's website and their "inventory search" function all I get is a message to "contact your dealer" 9and then they list the 10 closest dealers), which I assumes means none are in stock.

I'd just call the closest dealer and ask them.

SJ_GTI

Huh, poking around different dealer websites there is one not too far away (Cherry Hill, NJ). It is a stickshift, but is black on black. Not ideal (Blue would be top choice, gray second, maybe white as third), but not a deal breaker. Gonna look around a bit more. I am seriously considering this though.  Might be the last chance I can buy a sedan that has a V8 and a stickshift. :hmm:

edit: nevermind, its an automatic.

veeman

I've always used autotrader to search for dealership inventory within a certain radius of where I live.  You can search new, certified, and used from dealers only, private party only, and both.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: veeman on July 05, 2016, 01:10:32 PM
I've always used autotrader to search for dealership inventory within a certain radius of where I live.  You can search new, certified, and used from dealers only, private party only, and both.

Someone on a different forum pointed to autotrader, was definitely more helpful than Chevy's website.  :ohyeah:

I posted in my "Wheels" thread that I am following up on this. Spoke to a local dealer and they are going to try and work a trade with a different (not local) dealer to get an SS for me. I am going to drive my S4 to the dealership this evening to see if we can work out the $$$.

GoCougs

Wow, that is quite a development. The SS is one of the few true enthusiast sedans left. Snagging a new one for less than $40k is the deal of the century.

12,000 RPM

It may be the only enthusiast sedan left with 8 cylinders besides the M5. I think the Panamera is auto only now. That's kind of depressing but not really surprising... a 4 banger A6 will out accelerate/turn/brake the old V8 S6
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

FlatBlackCaddy

SJ, you should get the SS in an actual holden color, I'm assuming that electric lime green is the only holden color that made it over(otherwise that neon orange would have been sweet if it made it).

68_427

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on July 05, 2016, 02:46:03 PM
SJ, you should get the SS in an actual holden color, I'm assuming that electric lime green is the only holden color that made it over(otherwise that neon orange would have been sweet if it made it).

The orange is coming next year.  There are actually like 5 holden colors.  One or two blues, a red orange, two greens, and a purple with the orange coming next year.

"Some Like It Hot Red"

"Perfect Blue"

"Slipstream Blue"

"Reagal Peacock Green" 

"Jungle Fever Green"

"Alchemy Purple"

And the orange supposedly coming for next year

'racecar is die'
no

Raza

Coming next year? They still make these?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

Out of all those colors I think I like the Perfect Blue the best, shame it wasn't available on the 2016's.

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

MrH

Purple, Jungle Green, Slipstream Blue, Orange :wub:  Those are all great.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

veeman

I'm super excited for you.  Sweet sweet car and rare which makes it all the better.  Why do you need to have the deal done by Friday or whatever?  Will the monetary terms of the deal change? 

SJ_GTI

Quote from: veeman on July 06, 2016, 06:28:21 AM
I'm super excited for you.  Sweet sweet car and rare which makes it all the better.  Why do you need to have the deal done by Friday or whatever?  Will the monetary terms of the deal change?

Yeah, the 20% off sale requires delivery to be taken by July 8th. If the price is ~10k high its a much tougher decision, and I'd probably just stick with my S4 in that case.

CaminoRacer