The Official Sixth Gen Camaro Thread!

Started by Gotta-Qik-C7, January 19, 2015, 06:37:04 PM

GoCougs

Quote from: dazzleman on February 04, 2018, 02:31:30 PM
What are you going to do?  Just keep the G37?  Why is a faster car a bad idea now (as opposed to any other time)?

When do you start at Google?

No, the G37 will go away. I test drove "It" yesterday. It's nothing too exciting but I can't deny that it's the best-available do-all vehicle for me at this time, despite it being way overpriced. Oh, well. There's a mix of options I want that are apparently not entirely common but I don't want to order it new from the factory. It's a bit of a long story, but faster is just not good for me ATM. I need something calmer and lower key.

I start Tuesday 2/20.

GoCougs

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 04, 2018, 02:34:49 PM
I say you go find a used C7 Z06

I think the Camaro ZL1 is the better car, and in general have always preferred Camaros to Corvettes.

dazzleman

Quote from: GoCougs on February 04, 2018, 02:37:54 PM
No, the G37 will go away. I test drove "It" yesterday. It's nothing too exciting but I can't deny that it's the best-available do-all vehicle for me at this time, despite it being way overpriced. Oh, well. There's a mix of options I want that are apparently not entirely common but I don't want to order it new from the factory. It's a bit of a long story, but faster is just not good for me ATM. I need something calmer and lower key.

I start Tuesday 2/20.

Good luck at Google man.  I'd be interested to hear your choice when you're ready to reveal it.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

GoCougs

Will review after purchase, but it may take a bit of time to find the model I want.

CALL_911

Give some hints- let's play 21 questions. It's so lame when people hide their potential purchases on an online forum

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: GoCougs on February 04, 2018, 02:45:20 PM
Will review after purchase, but it may take a bit of time to find the model I want.

What year is the G37?  How many miles do you have on it?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

GoCougs

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 04, 2018, 02:45:49 PM
Give some hints- let's play 21 questions. It's so lame when people hide their potential purchases on an online forum

VagueSPINning is indeed super lame. It's more I don't want to jinx it and then look like an idiot if I change my mind.

GoCougs

Quote from: dazzleman on February 04, 2018, 02:51:15 PM
What year is the G37?  How many miles do you have on it?

2011 w/133,500 miles. Trade in is only about $6k.

CALL_911

Quote from: GoCougs on February 04, 2018, 02:59:40 PM
VagueSPINning is indeed super lame. It's more I don't want to jinx it and then look like an idiot if I change my mind.

No one would give a shit. Besides it would be something to discuss. I 150% get why you wouldn't do it IRL but on an internet forum, what difference does it make?

Question 1: German?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: GoCougs on February 04, 2018, 03:04:41 PM
2011 w/133,500 miles. Trade in is only about $6k.

Holy fuck, you drive a lot, man. Almost 20,000 miles per year.

GoCougs

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 04, 2018, 03:10:05 PM
No one would give a shit. Besides it would be something to discuss. I 150% get why you wouldn't do it IRL but on an internet forum, what difference does it make?

Question 1: German?

I dunno... Will cut to the chase...

Came down to B9 Audi A4 Allroad vs. B9 S4, and I'm going with the former.  Great ride quality, excellent NVH isolation, DCT is quite slick, has the ground clearance and wheel/tire size fit for all the snow and dirt road driving I do. Performance is good enough. Just couldn't talk my self into a SUV, even the performance variety. Way overpriced though. Jesus, the mid-level models the dealer had on the lot approached $50k MSRP and the Prestige w/cold weather package that I want is $54k MSRP.

The only surprise is it's smaller inside than expected - even a bit tighter than the G.

CALL_911

Expensive, but they're sweet. For what its worth, my family's experience with hanging on to old German cars has been pretty good. You can't go wrong with the allroad.

I know it's not really your thing, but would you consider an E400 wagon?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

Also I know it's outdated compared to the Audi, but you'd probably be able to get an incredible deal on a 330i wagon. We got a very good deal on my mom's 328i wagon.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: GoCougs on February 04, 2018, 03:20:38 PM

Came down to B9 Audi A4 Allroad vs. B9 S4, and I'm going with the former.  Great ride quality, excellent NVH isolation, DCT is quite slick, has the ground clearance and wheel/tire size fit for all the snow and dirt road driving I do. Performance is good enough. Just couldn't talk my self into a SUV, even the performance variety. Way overpriced though. Jesus, the mid-level models the dealer had on the lot approached $50k MSRP and the Prestige w/cold weather package that I want is $54k MSRP.

The only surprise is it's smaller inside than expected - even a bit tighter than the G.

You're coming over into Audi world.  Mine is a really fun car to drive.  Good luck with the transaction.

GoCougs

I need the ground clearance plus the E Class is pretty huge (and even more overpriced - starts at $63k)

CALL_911

Honestly in your shoes, I'd go allroad and not look back. It's a great choice

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

GoCougs

Yeah, I'll be fine with the Allroad. I have to travel for orientation and then to visit various sights, so probably not till April or so that I can get back to it.

68_427

Pretty sure PTM has a wet mode.

EDIT:  Just saw the other posts.  Allroad is ok, but it's no CRV
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

MexicoCityM3

Nice choice. I'd go test some compact SUVs though. Some of them offer greater space (you bike a lot IIRC) and are fun to drive as well.

Also: make a thread. It's fun. The spin will have you feeling guilty about anything even close to the G in no time.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on February 04, 2018, 02:36:57 PM
Lol.  If I didn't drive my car when the roads were wet, it would literally not get driven.

:lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CaminoRacer

Just get an SS if you're too scared of the big boy ZL1.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

Allroads are awesome if you buy and hold for the long term. Residuals aren't great.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Lebowski

Test drive a CRV.

Tave

I wouldn't recommend the CRV for someone who does a lot of skiing or otherwise drives in an area with a lot of snow. The AWD is ok for low speed starts or just putt-putting around town after snowfall, but there are a lot better options if you're going to be out on the highways in slick stuff. You can use it in a pinch, but the system is heavily FWD-biased and doesn't cut in well at speed.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Lebowski

Quote from: Tave on February 05, 2018, 10:21:31 AM

I wouldn't recommend the CRV for someone who does a lot of skiing or otherwise drives in an area with a lot of snow. The AWD is ok for low speed starts or just putt-putting around town after snowfall, but there are a lot better options if you're going to be out on the highways in slick stuff. You can use it in a pinch, but the system is heavily FWD-biased and doesn't cut in well at speed.

The G seems to have met his needs fairly well, the CRV would do so better/more easily.

Tave

Quote from: Lebowski on February 05, 2018, 10:24:15 AM

The G seems to have met his needs fairly well, the CRV would do so better/more easily.

The G has a more robust AWD system that is capable of sustained periods of dual transaxle activity and an option to lock it on a 50/50 split. The Honda can only send 40%, can't lock the split, and can't cope with extended use. It's fine for moderate snow but it's not the ideal setup for more heavy conditions. Coug's ATTESA was a better winter drivetrain and the QUATTRO would be even better still. Not that you couldn't make due with the CRV, or that it doesn't have plenty of advantages over the Infiniti/Audi, but the AWD setup isn't one of them.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Laconian

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on February 05, 2018, 11:10:41 AM
How did we go from 650 HP Camaros to a damn CRV????   :facepalm:

2018 is the year of the CR-V World Takeover!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide