Buddy got a Challenger SRT-8 6MT... I droved it

Started by 12,000 RPM, January 30, 2015, 08:37:48 PM

12,000 RPM

I still think they are pretty damn cheesy. His was bright red. Def mid life crisis car.

But I have a little more respect for them. The interior was pretty nice. The Getrag box and clutch worked really well. And the motor pulls like a freight train (as it has to). Aside from the size, which is actually not bad as I thought it would be, it's not terrible to drive. I was impressed.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

hotrodalex

12,000 RPM

Yea its a 2015. Big screen in the middle of the dash. Chrysler has come a long way from the Rubbermaid interiors of the 00s, the interior was flat out NICE and worth its asking price IMO, though my baseline for interior quality is shit.

Gotta-Qik-C7

yeah the interior of the Challenger is really nice! Especially when compared to the Camaro....
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

MrH

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 31, 2015, 05:35:28 AM
Yea its a 2015. Big screen in the middle of the dash. Chrysler has come a long way from the Rubbermaid interiors of the 00s, the interior was flat out NICE and worth its asking price IMO, though my baseline for interior quality is shit.

:lol: your baseline for interior quality is shit plays a part too.

I like dodges screen and infotainment system, but man, some things about their interiors are awful. The actual dash is the same urethane cast skin system they use on everything. It literally feels like an outdoor basketball. Like a giant rubber eraser. When I was working with dodge/Chrysler on interior stuff, they said they like that feeling 

It feels so cheap to me. And they can't make any corner remotely sharp. Everything has huge radii and bezels to close out every area. Just strikes me as really cheap compared to a lot of other OEMs
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

MX793

Quote from: MrH on February 01, 2015, 07:46:45 AM
:lol: your baseline for interior quality is shit plays a part too.

I like dodges screen and infotainment system, but man, some things about their interiors are awful. The actual dash is the same urethane cast skin system they use on everything. It literally feels like an outdoor basketball. Like a giant rubber eraser. When I was working with dodge/Chrysler on interior stuff, they said they like that feeling 

It feels so cheap to me. And they can't make any corner remotely sharp. Everything has huge radii and bezels to close out every area. Just strikes me as really cheap compared to a lot of other OEMs

Huge corner radii is a big pet peeve of mine.  Gives the molded parts a puffy, Fisher-Price plastic look.  A staple of 90s and early 2000s US domestic vehicles.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MrH

Quote from: MX793 on February 01, 2015, 08:30:19 AM
Huge corner radii is a big pet peeve of mine.  Gives the molded parts a puffy, Fisher-Price plastic look.  A staple of 90s and early 2000s US domestic vehicles.

Yeah, I agree. Chrysler takes the easy way out on all of those radii. BMW and Audi use the same process for a lot of their dashboards (cast skin urethane and foamed), but bmw especially makes some really slick designs with difficult creases and executes pretty damn well.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Payman

I know what you guys are saying, but if we are comparing the three "Pony" cars... Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, I like the Challenger's interior best. I drove my brother's 2010 Challenger quite a bit, and to me felt solid, well built, and an excellent highway cruiser. In contrast, I had use of his 2012 Camaro SS (yeah, same brother with the Viper, 911 and Aston DB9) when I was visiting back in September, and I unexpectedly hated it.

12,000 RPM

Is it really fair to compare a Dodge interior to BMWs/Audis

For what it is the interior is great.

GoCougs

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 30, 2015, 08:37:48 PM
I still think they are pretty damn cheesy. His was bright red. Def mid life crisis car.

But I have a little more respect for them. The interior was pretty nice. The Getrag box and clutch worked really well. And the motor pulls like a freight train (as it has to). Aside from the size, which is actually not bad as I thought it would be, it's not terrible to drive. I was impressed.

Any "performance" car these days is gonna be a fairly good drive.

12,000 RPM

V8 makes u feel like a man. Still not for me but I def get it.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 01, 2015, 07:32:45 PM
V8 makes u feel like a man. Still not for me but I def get it.

Spoken like a proper lady.

:)
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

dazzleman

Quote from: Rockraven on February 01, 2015, 08:49:42 AM
I know what you guys are saying, but if we are comparing the three "Pony" cars... Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, I like the Challenger's interior best. I drove my brother's 2010 Challenger quite a bit, and to me felt solid, well built, and an excellent highway cruiser. In contrast, I had use of his 2012 Camaro SS (yeah, same brother with the Viper, 911 and Aston DB9) when I was visiting back in September, and I unexpectedly hated it.

I think Chrysler did a better job with the Challenger than GM did with the Camaro.  The Camaro has a cheap look to it, while the Challenger looks very much like the original.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

CALL_911

Quote from: dazzleman on February 01, 2015, 07:40:10 PM
I think Chrysler did a better job with the Challenger than GM did with the Camaro.  The Camaro has a cheap look to it, while the Challenger looks very much like the original.

Huh, I think the exact opposite. That said, I dig the Hellcat

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Rupert

These cars pose a problem for me. I hate retro styling, but I love the Challenger. But the Challenger by all accounts is a pig compared to the other two. I hate the Camaro's styling, but it seems to perform the best. Mustang has cooler H&H and looks acceptable, but I think the suspension is whack (or are we talking about the newest Mustang with IRS/is that out yet?).

Is there a nimble Challenger? If not, then the nimblest Mustang.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

hotrodalex

Quote from: Rupert on February 01, 2015, 11:27:00 PM
(or are we talking about the newest Mustang with IRS/is that out yet?).

Yes, 2015 is IRS.

12,000 RPM

All of these cars are big... in non track form it would be a stretch to call any of em "nimble"

I still think my pick would be the Rustang GT, but the Challenger has come a long way. Holy fuck, look at the old interior

This is why I wrote them off immediately. Now the interior is a nice place to be. If the engine doesn't drone (and it prob doesnt, prob have it geared to do 80 at 1200 in top gear), def a nice highway whip. Clutch and steering effort are about as light as my Civic. It's a really easy car to drive once you get past the shit size and visibility and if you like its looks it works.

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on February 01, 2015, 07:37:41 PM
Spoken like a proper lady.

:)
I dont need my car to enhance my manhood. I am of West African descent :evildude:

Rupert

Bah, that post was in the wrong thread anyway.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

GoCougs

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 01, 2015, 11:15:47 PM
Huh, I think the exact opposite. That said, I dig the Hellcat

Likewise - I think Chevy did a 10x better job with the Camaro than Chrysler did with the Challenger, though I'm biased as I'm never cared much for the E-body (Challenger/'Cuda) from the heyday.

I actually prefer the Hellcat Charger to the Challenger.