Haterade for everyone!!

Started by AutobahnSHO, February 03, 2015, 05:09:06 AM

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Rupert on February 04, 2015, 01:32:47 AM
Nah, guys are way too insecure about their dicks for that to happen, especially young guys.

You know what will fix that?

A nice big truck.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

r0tor

Quote from: GoCougs on February 04, 2015, 12:41:55 AM
Oh, for the love of sweet baby Jesus cooing softly in His manager, don't do this.

Plus, identical 5-60 times tells you it's a launch/traction issue.

From a standstill, apply the brakes + gas in the ecoboost and you are launching with the turbos spooled and only a couple hundred rpms away from peak torque (2500 rpms).  The Chevy doesn't hit  peak torque until above 4000 rpms.

Its not exactly rocket science to understand that the Ford is putting more power to the pavement for the first half of first gear and will pull on the Chevy.  Eventually the advantage turns as the Chevy will go down the strip with greater power and pass the Ford.

In a truck, its the down low power that matters and why ecoboost is awesome.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

MX793

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 04, 2015, 02:43:22 AM
You know what will fix that?

A nice big truck.

A diesel with a lift kit.  And stacks.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

veeman

Quote from: Rupert on February 04, 2015, 01:12:26 AM
I don't so much mind the idea of a luxury truck as I mind that so many people think they need a truck at all and equivocate their truck to their dick size.

The same can be said for the AMG, M, S crowd who don't track their cars (95%) of them.  Or the GT, SS, SRT crowd. 

It's always been about boys and their toys.  Jim Bob needs his 50 thousand dollar truck just as much as Bruce needs his 100 thousand dollar AMG Merc.

ifcar

One thing that was pretty silly in the review was "why is Toyota bothering to make a vehicle that only sells 100,000 a year?" How many FR-Ses did they expect to be sold, or pretty much any other fun car ever?

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on February 04, 2015, 12:41:55 AM
Oh, for the love of sweet baby Jesus cooing softly in His manager, don't do this.
His manager?  There's a lot I don't know about the bible.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: ifcar on February 04, 2015, 07:43:39 AM
One thing that was pretty silly in the review was "why is Toyota bothering to make a vehicle that only sells 100,000 a year?" How many FR-Ses did they expect to be sold, or pretty much any other fun car ever?

That, and its clear how far the writing in C/D has fallen when something as mundane as legroom is called "epic."
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Submariner

Quote from: Rupert on February 04, 2015, 01:16:27 AM
It's all the rage these days.

"Hey bro, lemme see your dick", is basically "what's up" for the 2010s.

See?  First they legalize gay marriage, and now dudes are checking out each others dongs.  What's next?  Guys greeting each other by grabbing the other guys cock?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

68_427

Quote from: Submariner on February 04, 2015, 10:02:02 AM
See?  First they legalize gay marriage, and now dudes are checking out each others dongs.  What's next?  Guys greeting each other by grabbing the other guys cock?

I can see you weren't at the last carspin g2g
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

GoCougs

Quote from: r0tor on February 04, 2015, 05:36:22 AM
From a standstill, apply the brakes + gas in the ecoboost and you are launching with the turbos spooled and only a couple hundred rpms away from peak torque (2500 rpms).  The Chevy doesn't hit  peak torque until above 4000 rpms.

Its not exactly rocket science to understand that the Ford is putting more power to the pavement for the first half of first gear and will pull on the Chevy.  Eventually the advantage turns as the Chevy will go down the strip with greater power and pass the Ford.

In a truck, its the down low power that matters and why ecoboost is awesome.

If your theory held the F150 would walk away in 5-60 and 30-50 passing, but that is not true.

The Silverado's new 6.2L has GM's new pooprod VVT. I can't find a dyno curve of it but there are plenty of the Corvette. The Corvette 6.2L has ~90% peak torque at 2,500 rpm, so for the Silverado 6.2L that says 460 * 0.90 = ~415 lb-ft at 2,500 rpm. (Note that this is generous as the Corvette has its peak torque RPM pushed up by 500 rpm.)

"Oh, wait!" you might say, "the EcoWhybother has 420 lb-ft at 2,500 rpm." Well, as we know, rpm is irrelevant, it's torque per unit of road speed, and the Chevy has ~10% lower gearing in 1st and ~25% lower gearing in second. So, at launch from standstill at 2,500 rpm, the Silverado is putting ~10% more torque (transformed into thrust force) to the street.

The EcoWhybother simply doesn't deliver. It doesn't perform any better (esp. "down low"), it doesn't get any better mpg, and it's gonna have a huge repair bill come ~150,000 miles. Perhaps Ford will evolve it but for now GM's ancient pooprod in 6.2L guise is the better motor in every wa.

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on February 04, 2015, 08:48:10 AM
His manager?  There's a lot I don't know about the bible.

I'm biased of course, but if I were you, I wouldn't worry so much about auto complete issues I'd be worried as to why GM's ancient pooprod motor is better than the EcoBoost.

AutobahnSHO

Will

r0tor

Quote from: GoCougs on February 04, 2015, 01:19:41 PM
If your theory held the F150 would walk away in 5-60 and 30-50 passing, but that is not true.

The Silverado's new 6.2L has GM's new pooprod VVT. I can't find a dyno curve of it but there are plenty of the Corvette. The Corvette 6.2L has ~90% peak torque at 2,500 rpm, so for the Silverado 6.2L that says 460 * 0.90 = ~415 lb-ft at 2,500 rpm. (Note that this is generous as the Corvette has its peak torque RPM pushed up by 500 rpm.)

"Oh, wait!" you might say, "the EcoWhybother has 420 lb-ft at 2,500 rpm." Well, as we know, rpm is irrelevant, it's torque per unit of road speed, and the Chevy has ~10% lower gearing in 1st and ~25% lower gearing in second. So, at launch from standstill at 2,500 rpm, the Silverado is putting ~10% more torque (transformed into thrust force) to the street.

The EcoWhybother simply doesn't deliver. It doesn't perform any better (esp. "down low"), it doesn't get any better mpg, and it's gonna have a huge repair bill come ~150,000 miles. Perhaps Ford will evolve it but for now GM's ancient pooprod in 6.2L guise is the better motor in every wa.

Ecobooooost doesn't walk the 5-60 because the turbos need to spool.  It also tows better with a higher capacity and gets better mileage ratings.

And other then HP bragging right, wtf good does it do to have an engine in a truck with peak power at redline and peak torque at 2/3rds of redline.... Like the truck owner will ever see those rpms - especially for when using a truck for truck like things (towing, hauling, offroading)

OH, AND THATS A DYNO OF A MODIFIED ENGINE  :facepalm:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

Quote from: GoCougs on February 04, 2015, 01:23:32 PM
I'm biased of course, but if I were you, I wouldn't worry so much about auto complete issues I'd be worried as to why GM's ancient pooprod motor is better than the EcoBoost.
More gears, lower gearing through all ranges and it poops out at the top end.  GM may have worked wonders with obsolete technology, but it's 80% down the line.  Their next series will have a TTV6.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

68_427

Quote from: r0tor on February 04, 2015, 01:59:26 PM
Ecobooooost doesn't walk the 5-60 because the turbos need to spool.  It also tows better with a higher capacity and gets better mileage ratings.

And other then HP bragging right, wtf good does it do to have an engine in a truck with peak power at redline and peak torque at 2/3rds of redline.... Like the truck owner will ever see those rpms - especially for when using a truck for truck like things (towing, hauling, offroading)

No that's the sae certied dyno
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

Better EPA ratings? Useless.

Even if that's a modified dyno graph, torque curve shape is the same. I found a truck 6.2L dyno before my previous comments, but I'm too lazy to find it again.

FoMoJo, if GM goes to TTV6 for the next gen, it will be to better meet government regulations, not because they're superior.

r0tor

Quote from: 68_427 on February 04, 2015, 02:10:57 PM
No that's the sae certied dyno

Of a "Corvette with a PERFORMANCE EXHAUST"

r0tor

Quote from: hotrodalex on February 04, 2015, 02:14:12 PM
Better EPA ratings? Useless.

Even if that's a modified dyno graph, torque curve shape is the same. I found a truck 6.2L dyno before my previous comments, but I'm too lazy to find it again.

FoMoJo, if GM goes to TTV6 for the next gen, it will be to better meet government regulations, not because they're superior.

As tested the Ford will tow its max rated capacity.  The Chevy will not.  Add several hundred pounds of upgraded axles, springs, hitch, radiators and see what happens to its fuel economy and performance...

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on February 04, 2015, 01:23:32 PM
I don't like the EcoBoost.  I never have.  So, I'm not worried about it.

68_427

Quote from: r0tor on February 04, 2015, 02:16:34 PM
Of a "Corvette with a PERFORMANCE EXHAUST"

Yeah the one that's on the corvette ordering sheet.. You know from the factory
'racecar is die'
no

SVT666

Like the truck owner will ever see those rpms - especially for when using a truck for truck like things (towing, hauling, offroading)

Trucks have so much horsepower and torque today who cares if they ever see redline or not.

GoCougs

The "good" that it does is the GM 6.2L is as good or better when it comes to performance and MPG, is far less complicated and will have far less maintenance $$$. It's just the better motor.

C'mon, dude, that's GM's official SAE chart for the Corvette. "Performance exhaust" is an option on the Corvette (whereby it opens up at higher RPM) and engines so equipped are rated at 460 hp factory stock. Corvettes not so equipped are rated at 455 hp factory stock.

GoCougs

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 04, 2015, 02:07:28 PM
More gears, lower gearing through all ranges and it poops out at the top end.  GM may have worked wonders with obsolete technology, but it's 80% down the line.  Their next series will have a TTV6.

So how exactly does it "poops out" at the top end, given it makes significantly more power at higher RPM?

EcoBoost 3.5L: 365 hp @ 5,000 rpm
GM 6.2L  420 hp @ 5,600 rpm

r0tor

Quote from: 68_427 on February 04, 2015, 02:29:01 PM

Didn't know that was on the order sheet for a silverado

r0tor

Quote from: GoCougs on February 04, 2015, 02:31:56 PM
The "good" that it does is the GM 6.2L is as good or better when it comes to performance and MPG, is far less complicated and will have far less maintenance $$$. It's just the better motor.

C'mon, dude, that's GM's official SAE chart for the Corvette. "Performance exhaust" is an option on the Corvette (whereby it opens up at higher RPM) and engines so equipped are rated at 460 hp factory stock. Corvettes not so equipped are rated at 455 hp factory stock.

Your comparing performance and mileage of a Silverado that does not have the tow package installed.  Again, that's a several hundred pound advantage...

GoCougs

Quote from: 68_427 on February 04, 2015, 02:29:01 PM

lol as if some tuner shop or aftermarket exhaust manufacturer is gonna get their stuff SAE certified...

(And not incuriously none of them do, because their numbers wouldn't pass muster, but that's a different thread.)

GoCougs

Quote from: r0tor on February 04, 2015, 02:38:34 PM
Your comparing performance and mileage of a Silverado that does not have the tow package installed.  Again, that's a several hundred pound advantage...

Well, first, beware that premise - more weight would slow it down - only validates the superiority of the GM 6.2L. Either way that premise does not exist.

On the 6.2L Silverado, per GM's site, the "Max Trailering Package" and bigger diff are standard equipment. The limitation on towing for the 6.2L Silverado is the rear axle ratio. The Silverado in this test has the 3.23:1 diff and 9,800 lb rating. With the 3.42:1 diff towing capacity increases to 11,800 lbs. Thus, there is zero weight penalty for the higher towing capacity.