Jeep

Started by Catman, December 10, 2005, 08:13:23 PM

Catman

This is one cool Jeep.  But, is it worth over $30K?

footoflead

This is one cool Jeep.  But, is it worth over $30K?
I dont like it as much...i mean it looks good..but i dont like how it is longer than the previous jeeps.... <_<
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Catman

When you go out in the bush the extra room can come in handy, not to mention it probably rides much better.

giant_mtb

Looks a bit low...?  There's like 2 inches of clearence between the top of the tire and the wheel-well...  :blink:  

Speed_Racer

The long wheelbase will hurt it offroad (clambering over rocks), so I don't think the Rubicon Unlimited is worth the extra money.

I'd either get a Rubicon SWB or any other trim in LWB.

93JC

QuoteI dont like it as much...i mean it looks good..but i dont like how it is longer than the previous jeeps.... <_<
Noob.

:P

Secret Chimp

QuoteLooks a bit low...?  There's like 2 inches of clearence between the top of the tire and the wheel-well...  :blink:
Top of fender has almost never = top of wheel well.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Catman

I don't think the wheel travel is an issue here as it should be the same as the SWB.  Besides, modding it should be a snap if you need to.  The price is a little steep but as an every day Jeep I think this one makes alot of sense.

Edmunds did a positive review of it here.  Link

This is the one I can't wait to see.  A four door Wrangler!  Link

giant_mtb

QuoteLooks a bit low...?  There's like 2 inches of clearence between the top of the tire and the wheel-well...  :blink:
Top of fender has almost never = top of wheel well.
Perhaps I'm just so used to seeing most of these vehicles with 3+ inch lift kits and they still look stock. ^_^

Raza

I don't know.  For hardcore offroading, I'd still probably buy a standard Wrangler Rubicon instead.

Though, I'm still in love with the Commander.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Secret Chimp

I'd never buy a new Jeep; if I needed to off-road, I'd just spend $15-20k (or less) on reequipping an older Jeep rather than buy a brand-new one.
It wouldn't even have to be a 1970's CJ or anything; just some 1992ish Wrangler with new lockers and maybe a lower transfer case and tires, and there's my version of the Rubicon for way less.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.