Quote from: giant_mtb on December 09, 2015, 07:28:46 PM
Confirmed. Fresh belt nixed the squeal.

I find a little fresh belt makes 'em squeal.  :winkguy:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

giant_mtb

giant_mtb

Nope. I lied. Still squeals.

280Z Turbo

Apply belt dressing or just jack off onto your belt to make it stick to the pulleys.

Rupert

Probably the wiggly pulleys.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

No Harbor Freight. I wish.

giant_mtb

BENZ BOY15

Now that a little time has past, how do you like the fender modifications you did a while back?

giant_mtb

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on December 11, 2015, 05:29:24 PM
Now that a little time has past, how do you like the fender modifications you did a while back?

I still like it.

Eye of the Tiger

I still like it. I'm thinking of doing it to the Element's vast satin black panels.

280Z Turbo

Going from ugly black texture to ugly black texture? Please no. Undercoating belongs under a car.

Why not vinyl wrap it gold?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on December 12, 2015, 08:22:09 AM
Going from ugly black texture to ugly black texture? Please no. Undercoating belongs under a car.

Why not vinyl wrap it gold?

I could get color matched bed liner. Blue.

280Z Turbo

Eye of the Tiger

giant_mtb

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 27, 2015, 04:21:56 PM
Also really pleased with this stuff so far...http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-tire-seal-trim-restore.html

I Herculined my plastic truck fenders and someone brought up fading issues, so I bought that. $50 is a lot for 16oz of product, but a little goes a long way and it is very effective so far. I used it on the hercufenders and all the other trim (side mirror, plastic bed rail covers, rear bumper cover, etc) which was a little faded and caked from the PO's buff job.  Turned out really, really nice. Better than any other trim restore/seal product I've used. I applied it about two weeks ago and it's still super fresh. It's rainy season, so it's been rained on and such for hours and the water is beading awesome and the color is staying nice and clean. Just washed truck and it didn't affect it at all, either.

I'm really impressed with this stuff...the trim still looks just as good.  Water still beads.  One application.  I'll probably reapply to Hercufenders soon just because they get beat on with road spray a lot more.  But this stuff's good...I've washed the truck multiple times, it's been rained on a lot, etc. etc.

Here's today:

Eye of the Tiger

Element needs that schit

AutobahnSHO

Will

giant_mtb

Rain.  Water's still beading nicely. 

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 14, 2015, 03:04:56 PM
Rain.  Water's still beading nicely. 

I really like that look.
Will

giant_mtb

Idler pulley is on the way. Got $3.99 one-day shipping, so it'll apparently be here Wednesday.  Hopefully it's just the one and I've diagnosed the proper one. There are two upper idlers that are different from the two lower ones (including the one on the tensioner itself).  Pretty sure it's the upper-left.

MrH

Ok, but when do the truck nuts get installed?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

giant_mtb

BENZ BOY15

What kind of tires do you have?

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

or maybe the tires are made out of... DOG NOSES

Rupert

Is this true horrible tell Microsoft to stop this country beloved animals

Well, at least they capitalize correctly.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

CaminoRacer

lulz, two dogs = 1 controller, 2 controllers somehow = 5 dogs. And Microsoft Gamecube using a PS2 controller. :lol:

(Captain Obvious here, explaining the humorous troll!)
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

giant_mtb

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on December 29, 2015, 06:38:02 PM
What kind of tires do you have?

I dunno, the ones that came with it. Might want new ones by next winter.