Toyota Tacoma

Started by giant_mtb, May 22, 2015, 07:37:58 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on December 29, 2015, 10:12:14 PM
lulz, two dogs = 1 controller, 2 controllers somehow = 5 dogs. And Microsoft Gamecube using a PS2 controller. :lol:

(Captain Obvious here, explaining the humorous troll!)

Think about many dog noses it takes to make a tire, wich is twice the size if any game controler. One can only hope Nintendo takes used controllers and recycles the knobs before they make tires.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

Nintendo uses all parts of the animal for the Xbox. The brains are used for CPUs, the buttholes are used for the controller ports.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

I am glad Nintendo at least use every parts of the animals on the Playstations just like our forefathers the Native Indians. It shows a deep respect for the soles of the animal and there spirits will be bless. We can always use the animals if we not waste them because we need there parts to survive we can coexist in the circle of life like Simba. I am completly aginst animal crulety when it isnt part of the life cycle.

giant_mtb

Idler pulley is here. Sucks that it's 25 degrees out. Goddamn I can't wait to have a heated garage.

Rupert

I have been saying that for many years.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

giant_mtb

Couldn't get the bolt to break loose. Went and bought a 1/2" drive 15mm socket for my breaker bar...that socket is somehow too big.  My Stanley 15mm fits perfectly. This one just spins. Sigh. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 31, 2015, 03:38:30 PM
Couldn't get the bolt to break loose. Went and bought a 1/2" drive 15mm socket for my breaker bar...that socket is somehow too big.  My Stanley 15mm fits perfectly. This one just spins. Sigh. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

One six point, he other 12?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 31, 2015, 04:59:14 PM
One six point, he other 12?

Ah. That explains it. Didn't even bother checking.

giant_mtb

The bolts aren't particularly worn or anything (the 6 point didn't slip at all no matter how hard I yanked), but the 12 point acted like it was a full mm too big. Huh. Is this just something I never knew about?

Eye of the Tiger

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 31, 2015, 05:42:30 PM
The bolts aren't particularly worn or anything (the 6 point didn't slip at all no matter how hard I yanked), but the 12 point acted like it was a full mm too big. Huh. Is this just something I never knew about?

Some sockets are just a little sloppier than others, and larger 12 pint sockets don't really grab much to begin with.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

if u really get rounded off bolts, get a set of SK Turbo Sockets®™©
I have a set and i love them si much except they hurt my penis

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 31, 2015, 06:40:57 PM
if u really get rounded off bolts, get a set of SK Turbo Sockets®™©
I have a set and i love them si much except they hurt my penis

Snap-on line wrenches work great for rounded bolts too.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

giant_mtb

Well. Guess I'll be buyin a 6 point tomorrow then. A longer breaker bar would be nice, too. 18" is plenty but a 24" or whatever the next step up is would be better for the clearance I'm workin with.

SVT_Power

Bigger breaker bar = better for clearance?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

giant_mtb

Quote from: SVT_Power on December 31, 2015, 07:43:07 PM
Bigger breaker bar = better for clearance?

Longer, yeah. My hands are running into shit and I can't get a turn on it...though with the proper fitting socket it might be totally fine. Kinda hard to tell I guess when I'm just spinning on it.

Rupert

Jesus, you think you have problems, I just found out that the box I've spent an untold number of hours on for no good reason wobbles all over the place with the screw holes I was going to mount it to, and there does not appear to be any other place to add support except by drilling holes in my brand new (basically) truck. :(
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on December 31, 2015, 08:23:56 PM
Jesus, you think you have problems, I just found out that the box I've spent an untold number of hours on for no good reason wobbles all over the place with the screw holes I was going to mount it to, and there does not appear to be any other place to add support except by drilling holes in my brand new (basically) truck. :(

wtf is tbis box?

Rupert

Goes in the back, holds my shit (tools, tarp, axe and saw, etc.), goes over the wheel well so to minimally impact interior space. It's great, except I can't mount it.

CaminoRacer

Duct tape

Giant magnets

Super glue

Hire a small child to hold it
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Rupert

Hopefully I can access the bottom so I can use a bolt. I think just one bolt of the right size with a fender washer should do it.

giant_mtb

New idler is on. Piece of cake once I got the proper socket...only 6-point Menards had on the shelf besides deep sockets was an impact socket.  Now to let it freeze up for a cold start to see if the problem has been solved. It's definitely quieter at idle and the one I replaced definitely had a bad bearing, but I'm still hearing a little bearing noise on one of the other ones, I believe. Fuck, might as well just change them all while I'm at it, eh? :mask: :lol:

giant_mtb

Nope. God fucking dammit.

giant_mtb

Oh well. I like having a vehicle I'm not afraid to work on. And by the end of it, all of my fricken pulley shit will be fresh and ready for the next thousands of miles.

Rupert

I would have replaced them all to begin with, they're kind of a maintenance item like that. :lol:

giant_mtb

Quote from: Rupert on January 01, 2016, 08:49:17 PM
I would have replaced them all to begin with, they're kind of a maintenance item like that. :lol:

Yeahhhh I know. I was hoping it was just the one, but at this point I might as well just get em all. Just $.

giant_mtb

Should I replace the whole tensioner?  You can put a new pulley on it (ACDelco 36174) for about $40 or a whole new tensioner is about $75.  Dunno how tough it is to remove the whole tensioner, though...might be a better warm-weather project whereas just pulleys is easy.

Rupert

Replace the moving parts...

giant_mtb

pulleys & new mud flaps ordered.  stock mudflaps were junk, didn't put them back on when i did hercufenders.  Now Truck will have Hercufenders and Husky mud fins.