Toyota Tacoma

Started by giant_mtb, May 22, 2015, 07:37:58 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 20, 2017, 06:59:48 PM
Land, shed for living, commence garage build, move into garage, turn living shed to sauna shed.

You kake it sound so clomplicated
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 20, 2017, 07:19:56 PM
You kake it sound so clomplicated

That's as simple as I can make it.  Sounds like fun to me.

giant_mtb

Ammo box makes good tie-down box.  Two heaviest duty orange ones (dirtbike), a medium-duty red one (spare/extra), and a light-duty cam buckle for securing kayak in bed.

I dunno why picture's weird.  Photofucket.

Rupert

Don't get too caught up in building a bunch of various "systems", you know? Just makes it inflexible, and at a certain point you spend more time dealing with the many boxes of many purposes and keeping them organized than you would just throwing stuff in the bed, etc.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

giant_mtb

Quote from: Rupert on January 20, 2017, 07:29:57 PM
Don't get too caught up in building a bunch of various "systems", you know? Just makes it inflexible, and at a certain point you spend more time dealing with the many boxes of many purposes and keeping them organized than you would just throwing stuff in the bed, etc.

Oh I know.  I had like three different boxes in my cart and then I thought...uhhhh, I really don't need this many boxes to carry the basics.  Just one good-sized box.  Once I get back outside and do some camping in the summer, it'll get fine-tuned and I can add/delete/modify as necessary.

Basically, I just want the tool box to be a general "grab n go" for trail cruising and camping, if im taking dirtbike with me somewhere, or weird emergencies (friend breaks down, dirt bike needs extraction from the woods, etc).  Doesn't need to live in the truck if it doesn't need to be there kinda thing (so I'll probably put the jumper cables back under the seat.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 20, 2017, 07:25:13 PM
Ammo box makes good tie-down box.  Two heaviest duty orange ones (dirtbike), a medium-duty red one (spare/extra), and a light-duty cam buckle for securing kayak in bed.

I dunno why picture's weird.  Photofucket.

Dudr, that's some crazy looking shit

giant_mtb

It moves air from one place to another pretty well.

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 25, 2017, 10:52:47 AM
But does is press it?

I dunno.  Haven't hooked it up to a press yet.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 25, 2017, 10:55:10 AM
I dunno.  Haven't hooked it up to a press yet.

That would make it a compressee, not a compressor.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 25, 2017, 11:03:03 AM
That would make it a compressee, not a compressor.

Fuck!  I bought the wrong thing. :lol:

I still haven't put Taco's old wheels/tires on Craigslist yet.  I'm gonna guess a couple of those tires are pretty flat.  I'll see how it presses on those today.

Eye of the Tiger

Press your air, not your tires.

giant_mtb

This is bullshit.  It's been an hour.  Why haven't they sold yet.

MrH

Took me years to sell my Miata snow wheels and tires. Selling wheels and tires in general is a total pain in the ass
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MrH on January 25, 2017, 04:41:01 PM
Took me years to sell my Miata snow wheels and tires. Selling wheels and tires in general is a total pain in the ass

I sold my 15" Cragar knockoffs + white letter Cooper Cobras in 2 hours. :lol:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on January 25, 2017, 07:02:34 PM
I sold my 15" Cragar knockoffs + white letter Cooper Cobras in 2 hours. :lol:

You need to get those back.

giant_mtb

I think Taco has sprung an exhalation tube leak.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 25, 2017, 07:57:05 PM
I think Taco has sprung an exhalation tube leak.

race truck

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 25, 2017, 08:05:20 PM
race truck

I'm thinking an O2 sensor is going (there was a code for it) and maybe that's where the hole has happened and that's why it's fucked?

It was a code for bank 2, which is the right side I think, and the leak is more noticeable on the right side.  Not sure if the code's for the fore or aft sensor though.  I'll have 2 checque.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 25, 2017, 10:49:20 PM
I'm thinking an O2 sensor is going (there was a code for it) and maybe that's where the hole has happened and that's why it's fucked?

It was a code for bank 2, which is the right side I think, and the leak is more noticeable on the right side.  Not sure if the code's for the fore or aft sensor though.  I'll have 2 checque.

I have seen that happen. The O2 sensor was not even in the hole - hanging by the wire.

giant_mtb

I'm bored.  I think I'll do some things.

Diff fluid change, transfer case check/change, transmission check/change.

Who knows when those things were done last.  I think the PO told me he had recently done the rear diff, but that was 25k miles ago.

giant_mtb

Fack.  One of the skid plate bolts is stripped/stuck in place.  Just spins.  We'll see if I can fanagle it outta the way to reach the plugs.

Oh, maybe I'll do spark plugs, too.  Maybe that's why my O2 sensor went. :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Do all that stuff. Nobody ever changes diff fluids, or brake fluid. Only some people change sprak plugs.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 02, 2017, 11:41:00 AM
Do all that stuff. Nobody ever changes diff fluids, or brake fluid. Only some people change sprak plugs.

I did brake fluid when I did the brakes back in the fall.  It's nice and clean meow.

I'll have to add coolant to my list come spring.

giant_mtb

Nope. Just snowblowed...too damn cold to be laying on concrete.

I neeeeeeed a salamander.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 02, 2017, 12:11:01 PM
Nope. Just snowblowed...too damn cold to be laying on concrete.

I neeeeeeed a salamander.

How is a tiny cold blooded snake with legs going to help?

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 02, 2017, 12:57:33 PM
How is a tiny cold blooded snake with legs going to help?

They're really hot when you hook their butts up to a propane tank or fill them with kerosene and light them on fire.  I thought this was common knowledge.

BimmerM3

Or just get a creeper so you're not actually on the cold concrete. Plus then you can creep.