I miss having a nice old car.

Started by shp4man, June 05, 2015, 02:32:34 PM

shp4man

That white unibody is damn nice  :ohyeah:

Went to take a look at this yesterday:

Needs work, but it's a 345 V8, and the price is right at $800.  :lol: I learned to drive in a cornbinder (International Harvester).
The Ford would make a way better rat rod, though.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

shp4man

How bout this one/ 6 cylinder 3 speed, runs OK, $3K asking.

Best looking one, IMHO.

CaminoRacer

Yes!

Big aftermarket for those, and they're appreciating quickly.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

shp4man

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 04, 2016, 12:04:34 PM
Yes!

Big aftermarket for those, and they're appreciating quickly.

Ya, was online checking out parts availability, they have damn near everything for a 67 Chevy. Lower prices, too.

RomanChariot

I have a 66 Chevy (different body style to the one posted) that I really need to get back up and running. It has a 327 with a 3 speed stick with a granny gear.

shp4man

Quote from: RomanChariot on October 04, 2016, 12:59:37 PM
I have a 66 Chevy (different body style to the one posted) that I really need to get back up and running. It has a 327 with a 3 speed stick with a granny gear.
Prices are going up for sure. Is the vehicle worth restoration?

Eye of the Tiger

Dude, I love granny gears. And you can build almost the entire truck from an LMC catalog. Do it.

shp4man

I made a deal on a truck. It's a 65 Chevy, 250 CID 6 cylinder engine with a 4 speed granny low. It's a long bed stepside, Like this:

It runs well enough to drive it home! Good deal, too. Pick it up on Monday.

Eye of the Tiger

shp4man

CaminoRacer

shp4man

Raza

Not my kind of thing, but if it makes you happy, mate, do you. Congratulations!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

shp4man

Quote from: Raza  on October 14, 2016, 09:49:53 PM
Not my kind of thing, but if it makes you happy, mate, do you. Congratulations!

Thanks Raza. Very classy of you to say that.  :ohyeah:

Raza

Quote from: shp4man on October 14, 2016, 10:54:04 PM
Thanks Raza. Very classy of you to say that.  :ohyeah:

If that Jensen weren't an automatic, though, I'd have said you should have gotten that.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: shp4man on October 14, 2016, 01:09:43 PM
I made a deal on a truck. It's a 65 Chevy, 250 CID 6 cylinder engine with a 4 speed granny low. It's a long bed stepside, Like this:

Congrats!
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Payman

I love 60's trucks. Congrats on the buy! I want to see a thread when you pick it up with lots of pics. Make sure you run a spare on the side as intended for the complete look.  :ohyeah:

MrH

Where are the pictures?! Also, what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Seems like there are a lot better quality old trucks out in California. In Ohio, everything is rusted or expensive.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Payman

Quote from: MrH on October 15, 2016, 09:57:37 AM
Where are the pictures?! Also, what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Seems like there are a lot better quality old trucks out in California. In Ohio, everything is rusted or expensive.

Same here. I'd gladly pay the extra money or so to have a California or Nevada truck shipped up here, rather than overpay for some local guy's rot.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: shp4man on October 14, 2016, 03:40:10 PM
A long bed stepside?  :lol:

Hell yeah! :lol:

Have you ever watched R U Faster Than a Redneck? There's a similar truck (short bed) that kills it on the race track

giant_mtb

Quote from: shp4man on October 14, 2016, 01:09:43 PM

Looks so clean. Damn California!  :rage:

Congrats. I hope it's a fun project/toy for you!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 15, 2016, 02:23:45 PM
Hell yeah! :lol:

Have you ever watched R U Faster Than a Redneck? There's a similar truck (short bed) that kills it on the race track

Have you ever seen Street Outlaws? Farm Truck.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 15, 2016, 07:42:35 PM
Have you ever seen Street Outlaws? Farm Truck.

I saw that in person at SEMA two years ago. I was super confused because I had never watched the show, so I had no idea why everyone was so obsessed with a random beat up pickup with a big engine and straight pipes.

MrH

Quote from: Rockraven on October 15, 2016, 11:03:24 AM
Same here. I'd gladly pay the extra money or so to have a California or Nevada truck shipped up here, rather than overpay for some local guy's rot.

Yeah, me too. The woman wants an old truck as a project car as some point. Basically, just something old to cruise around in. I'm ok doing a lot of mechanical work, but I don't want to deal with body work.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

shp4man

The truck is kind of a weird deal. It actually belongs to the dealer I work at. They've had it for years as a maintenance crew vehicle, so it was mechanically maintained. We have a parking problem at work, so the general manager said to sell it.
Anyway, he said to come in Monday to do the paperwork. For $500. I'm really concerned one of my fellow employees will attempt to outbid me.
It has some rust from a leaking door seal in the passenger side, but is drivable and licensed. It's not as pretty as the white truck in the picture, but could be with a few more bucks.
Hopefully, the boss won't change his mind.

giant_mtb

Oh, so the pictured truck isn't the actual truck you're getting...?  Why didn't you tell us that! :rage:

Eye of the Tiger

shp4man

Believe it or not, the white truck in the picture is about a $4-5K ride. And rising. My quest is not profit, but love, however. :lol:

Payman

FIVE HUNDRED? That'll get you a goddamn 1965 Chevy longbox stepside FRAME up here.