5 star for a reason

Started by mazda6er, December 15, 2005, 03:08:04 PM

cozmik

I was going around a corner/hill combo last week and almost had an accident. I had slowed down due to the conditions, but as I was going around the corner, I started to slide... right towards a Miata that had just went into the embankment on the other side of the road seconds before me. I missed him by about a foot and stayed on the road though... thank God for ABS so I could still turn.

Goodluck with the repairs dude, at least you're okay though!  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

mazda6er

QuoteI was going around a corner/hill combo last week and almost had an accident. I had slowed down due to the conditions, but as I was going around the corner, I started to slide... right towards a Miata that had just went into the embankment on the other side of the road seconds before me. I missed him by about a foot and stayed on the road though... thank God for ABS so I could still turn.

Goodluck with the repairs dude, at least you're okay though!
Thanks man, glad to hear you avoided trouble in your situation.  :)  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

JYODER240

I'm still accident free :praise: . Although I did manage to drive my go-kart into a pond once.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Rupert

Wow, a free chance to call someone a moron? I'll take it!

Yer a fuckin moron!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

mazda6er

QuoteWow, a free chance to call someone a moron? I'll take it!

Yer a fuckin moron!
:lol:  I swear, the Mazda made me do it.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

No, I don't believe so.  
--Mark

sparkplug

Damn, man I'm afraid to imagine what's at that link. Maybe I'll get the courage tomorrow. I admire your sincerity, were you (or a loved one) in a serious accident at some time? sad.gif

If you had to ride with my brother you start to realize you own mortality.

My grandfather and uncle both died in car accidents. One got hit by a train (trains don't yield, do they) and the other was drinking and driving. It's basically stories my dad and Grandma have told me because they happened before I was born.

mazda6er

Damn, man I'm afraid to imagine what's at that link. Maybe I'll get the courage tomorrow. I admire your sincerity, were you (or a loved one) in a serious accident at some time? sad.gif

If you had to ride with my brother you start to realize you own mortality.

My grandfather and uncle both died in car accidents. One got hit by a train (trains don't yield, do they) and the other was drinking and driving. It's basically stories my dad and Grandma have told me because they happened before I was born.
I'm very sorry to hear that.  :(  
--Mark

footoflead

How bout our little club marky :D  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

mazda6er

Hey guys, I just had a somewhat dumb question. When I crashed, my passenger airbag went off, even though there was no passenger. I've been searching on the internet, and so far I've been unable to find conclusive evidence that suggests I either do or do not have the advanced, weight-sensing airbags.

The idea behind this is that if I do have the weight sensor, that was an airbag malfunction, so hopefully I can get Mazda to pay for it and at least somewhat lessen the cost to my insurance company, which would hopefully lessen the increase in the cost of my coverage. (For the airbag, sensor, passenger sealtbelt (that they're replacing for some unknown reason, I'm still trying to talk to them on that) it's nearly $1,000.)

If anyone has information, or knows where to find information on this, please post a link. Thanks a lot. My car is a 2003 btw, so I'm somewhat thinking it doesn't have the weight sensor. Thanks again. :)
--Mark

crv16

QuoteAnd thank you. Actually, I'm down $100, for now (deductible). The real loss of money will come when the cost of insurance increases.
Add in "diminished value".  If you plan on trading in your car within the next few years, a major crash like this will take thousands off the value of your car.

I lucked out several years ago.  Some dope blew thru a red light and nailed my wife in our CR-V.  Did 6 or 7 grand damage.  Not too long after, we were looking for a different vehicle and found that dealerships were really lowballing us on the trade, and I'm certain it was because of the prior accident history.

Finally went to another dealer while it was pouring rain out, and they just took a cursory glance at it and gave us book (trade-in) value.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

ifcar

QuoteHey guys, I just had a somewhat dumb question. When I crashed, my passenger airbag went off, even though there was no passenger. I've been searching on the internet, and so far I've been unable to find conclusive evidence that suggests I either do or do not have the advanced, weight-sensing airbags.

The idea behind this is that if I do have the weight sensor, that was an airbag malfunction, so hopefully I can get Mazda to pay for it and at least somewhat lessen the cost to my insurance company, which would hopefully lessen the increase in the cost of my coverage. (For the airbag, sensor, passenger sealtbelt (that they're replacing for some unknown reason, I'm still trying to talk to them on that) it's nearly $1,000.)

If anyone has information, or knows where to find information on this, please post a link. Thanks a lot. My car is a 2003 btw, so I'm somewhat thinking it doesn't have the weight sensor. Thanks again. :)
I'm inclined to believe that any car with a front-passenger seatbelt indicator has a weight sensor (how else would the car tell if the seat was occupied?). Does your car have one?

mazda6er

QuoteHey guys, I just had a somewhat dumb question. When I crashed, my passenger airbag went off, even though there was no passenger. I've been searching on the internet, and so far I've been unable to find conclusive evidence that suggests I either do or do not have the advanced, weight-sensing airbags.

I'm inclined to believe that any car with a front-passenger seatbelt indicator has a weight sensor (how else would the car tell if the seat was occupied?). Does your car have one?
What do you mean by seat belt indicator?

I have found information on this subject, and I believe that I don't have the weight sensor. It states they were phased into 20% of the newly produced cars beginning September 1, 2003, and also that a prominently displayed light (indicating whether the passenger airbag is "set to deploy" or not) on the dash or instrument panel is mandatory if the car is equipped with advanced airbags. My car doesn't have that.

Here's the link: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/testing/ncap...vFrontABs.htm#4
--Mark

ifcar

A light that flashes or a chime that dings if the front passenger hasn't buckled.  

mazda6er

QuoteA light that flashes or a chime that dings if the front passenger hasn't buckled.
Nope, I don't have one of those. I didn't even think of that, it would've saved me some time.  :banghead:  :D  
--Mark

mazda6er

Well boys and girls, the new deadline is Tuesday for when I get the car. This has got be the most retarded bodyshop/service department I've ever encountered. They wait til the last minute every single time to fix the next part of the car, and then, what do you know, they find another little part they need and have to order it. This has happened at least 3 times, they've had my car for nearly a month. I do believe I'll kill someone if ( a ) it's not done tuesday (waiting for a "wire harness" that got "fried" from the airbag) or ( b ) if it's not running as well or better than the day I bought it. I could've fixed the damn thing if I had a month to do it.  Of course, I'm quite sure the fact that the dealer is Mazda, AUDI, PORSCHE doesn't help. I'm a bit low in the food-chain there, as you might guess.

:rage: :banghead:
--Mark

footoflead

QuoteWell boys and girls, the new deadline is Tuesday for when I get the car. This has got be the most retarded bodyshop/service department I've ever encountered. They wait til the last minute every single time to fix the next part of the car, and then, what do you know, they find another little part they need and have to order it. This has happened at least 3 times, they've had my car for nearly a month. I do believe I'll kill someone if ( a ) it's not done tuesday (waiting for a "wire harness" that got "fried" from the airbag) or ( b ) if it's not running as well or better than the day I bought it. I could've fixed the damn thing if I had a month to do it.  Of course, I'm quite sure the fact that the dealer is Mazda, AUDI, PORSCHE doesn't help. I'm a bit low in the food-chain there, as you might guess.

:rage: :banghead:
dude, it seems as if you and me have the worst luck with vehicals :(  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's