Can you resurrect my junker.......cheap?

Started by shp4man, November 03, 2015, 02:14:54 PM

shp4man

I'm currently working on a lovely  '88 Econoline handicap van. This thing is the biggest pile of rollin' shit on earth  I was honest with the guy- told him it will cost way more to fix this heap than it's worth.
He got it free, so with rainbows and unicorns flying out of his ass, he's dropped 3 grand on it so far. Not a!l with me. Last time I went out to the parking lot, it wouldn't start.
Jesus, why are people so fucking stupid?  :facepalm:

Soup DeVille

Couple years ago, my father in law picked up an old Grand Prix (1980ish); ostensibly because the pickup was using too much gas. Okay, fine; I've got nothing against a cheap winter beater- except the dude spent nearly five grand on that car ( how, I don't know), and kept it for like a year. The quarter panels were already rusted through when he got it; and it was the cheapest model in the first place (Armstrong steering and a 6 cylinder).

He tried selling it for some obscene amount of money too-it was worth maybe $500 on a good day. He wouldn't believe me.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

RomanChariot

cawimmer430

Tell him about the '74 Dodge. Now that's a car.  :mrcool:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie