Getting an alignment done with already unevenly worn tires?

Started by SVT_Power, November 04, 2015, 10:39:23 PM

SVT_Power

So the Sorento's been in need of an alignment for a while, and now I'm trying to decide when to get it done. So 1 of the current set has pretty bad camber wear (starting to show belt in a small spot on the shoulder), which makes me think getting the alignment done right now with uneven tires would not be the greatest idea.

The alternative would be when I throw my snows/steelies on the car, get the alignment done? I'll probably be tossing them on in a week or two, so leaving the current worn out set isn't a big deal.

So should I get an alignment now or after I throw the snows on?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

280Z Turbo

I don't think tire wear affects the measurement. The alignment should be able to confirm this.

Also, wear from incorrect toe can look like camber wear. Camber is usually not adjustable.