Motor Trend SUV of the year

Started by veeman, November 17, 2015, 10:22:54 AM

veeman

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-volvo-xc90-is-the-motor-trend-suv-of-the-year/

Volvo XC90 - looks great, inside and out. Best key fob I've ever seen (the authors made note of this). 4 banger with turbo.  Price as tested: $67,605, Base Price: $56,395.  4 year, 50,000 mile powertrain warranty.  Plug in hybrid variant available (first 7 seat plug in hybrid).

Looks way better than an MDX. 10 to 15 grand more expensive though.  It seems to be Audi Q7 pricing with same warranty period. 

I think most people would rather have the Audi or Mercedes GL than the Volvo based on name alone.  That plus 4 banger versus the bigger Audi and MB engines and historical bad reliability makes me think this isn't going to be the game changer Volvo hopes for.     It does look damn good though.

SVT666

It looks Chinese.  The last XC90 was a great looking truck.  This, not so much.

BENZ BOY15

I think they look great, inside and out.

A while back at the grocery store parking lot, this lady let me sit in hers and check it out. I wanted it badly.

veeman

Quote from: SVT666 on November 17, 2015, 10:36:13 AM
It looks Chinese.  The last XC90 was a great looking truck.  This, not so much.

I googled a bunch of Chinese SUVs.  They don't seem to have any inherent Chinese design language and none of them looked like the Volvo  :huh:

SVT666

Quote from: veeman on November 17, 2015, 10:54:43 AM
I googled a bunch of Chinese SUVs.  They don't seem to have any inherent Chinese design language and none of them looked like the Volvo  :huh:
I think it looks Chinese, therefore it does.

BENZ BOY15

You ever seen it in person? Yeah, it's not as flashy as a Range Rover or an Escalade, but it certainly looks very nice and tasteful. It's the right size too.

2o6

Yeah, it's pretty nice looking in person.

Now the new Q7? That looks Chinese.

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: 2o6 on November 17, 2015, 11:01:11 AM
Yeah, it's pretty nice looking in person.

Now the new Q7? That looks Chinese.

True. I'm not digging the squared off taillights either.