Ugh. Minivan woes

Started by AutobahnSHO, November 24, 2015, 10:46:06 AM

AutobahnSHO

So wife crunched a curb a few weeks back, I saw Sunday that the tire is totally torn in the sidewall. She took it to replace, the tires are worn so we decided to replace them all. $340 for cheap all-seasons (M+S)

They just called and said there's a broken motor mount, two accessory belts and needs front pads/rotors. $950 all of it, or $860 without the motor mount.

Seriously? $500 for front brakes and belts??   Crazy talk!
Will

CaminoRacer

Have you noticed the motor vibrating? Motor mounts are pretty easy to diagnose most of the time.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

2o6

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 24, 2015, 11:06:57 AM
Have you noticed the motor vibrating? Motor mounts are pretty easy to diagnose most of the time.

No.

Quote from: 2o6 on November 24, 2015, 11:08:43 AM
That sounds about right

I checked on parts just for brakes, it was like $180 for the nice stuff at autozone, plus me doing a lot of getting angry, greasy, and bruised. Shop wants $217 to do the brakes, we'll do that today
Will

2o6

Brakes are really easy to do on Japanese cars. I can do my brakes for 1/2 that cost, and about 45 mins per side.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 2o6 on November 24, 2015, 12:47:02 PM
Brakes are really easy to do on Japanese cars. I can do my brakes for 1/2 that cost, and about 45 mins per side.

I messed brakes up the last time I did them- put the clip in wrong so it was scratching the rotor...   I'd love to learn how to do stuff more efficiently.

I have to drive early Thursday and still have work tomorrow, so time would be tough.
Will

CJ

Check pricing with your dealer. They may even come back cheaper.

AutobahnSHO

No time, 600 something clams for 4new tires and front brakes, already done.
Will