Saturn

Started by heelntoe, December 10, 2015, 01:47:59 PM

heelntoe

I just bought a 1999 Saturn SL2. Still working on registering it, but it's mine!

I got a job in Lowell, MA and have a fairly short commute so I figure this should last me through the winter at least.
@heelntoe

CaminoRacer

I can approve of this purchase
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

heelntoe

Yes, manual and twin cam. Came with a decent amount of service records too.

I was going through some saturn forums before buying it and those guys are so intense! There's a few guys restoring saturn s-series cars. :O

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

@heelntoe

Payman

Those old Saturns were pretty reliable cars. I still see lots of em on the road.

93JC

Quote from: Rockraven on December 10, 2015, 04:23:54 PM
I still see lots of em on the road.

Really?

I don't see the S-series Saturns anymore at all. I don't see Ions anymore. About the ones I do are the odd Astra here and there.

My sister had an SL; it wasn't reliable at all, it was a colossal piece of shit.

93JC

Oh and good luck, Sñr. heelntoe. I trust your Saturn will not be as big of a piece of shit as my sister's was. :lol:

Yours looks considerably better than my sister's, and a lot of the problems she had centered on the automatic transmission which you have coincidentally avoided by buying a manuél.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Payman

Quote from: 93JC on December 10, 2015, 07:33:23 PM
Really?

I don't see the S-series Saturns anymore at all. I don't see Ions anymore. About the ones I do are the odd Astra here and there.

My sister had an SL; it wasn't reliable at all, it was a colossal piece of shit.

Does any vehicle last long in Alberta? I mean really? You know there's an issue when every kijiji ad states "even has original doors and tailgate. Gun rack extra".

AutobahnSHO

Will

heelntoe

Quote from: SVT_Power on December 10, 2015, 08:27:38 PM
Jacob pt 2?
:-[
Big things are coming! I already know, but can't say!

@heelntoe

heelntoe

Quote from: 93JC on December 10, 2015, 07:39:29 PM
Oh and good luck, Sñr. heelntoe. I trust your Saturn will not be as big of a piece of shit as my sister's was. :lol:

Yours looks considerably better than my sister's, and a lot of the problems she had centered on the automatic transmission which you have coincidentally avoided by buying a manuél.
I sure hope so! I need this to get me through the winter.

Also, long time no see, how've you been?

@heelntoe

heelntoe

@heelntoe

2o6

Quote from: 93JC on December 10, 2015, 07:33:23 PM
Really?

Those things are really hit or miss. Either they do alright, or they fall apart.

And it'll burn oil furiously while doing it

As a side note, when I worked at the Chevy dealer I drove an Ion with 330,000 miles. It felt absurdly tired.

2o6

Quote from: 93JC on December 10, 2015, 07:39:29 PM

Oh yeah, those autos are garbage. My friend has a yellow SC2 3-door that only sometimes has reverse

93JC

Quote from: Rockraven on December 10, 2015, 08:31:58 PM
Does any vehicle last long in Alberta? I mean really? You know there's an issue when every kijiji ad states "even has original doors and tailgate. Gun rack extra".

Pickup trucks seem to last a long time, plenty of older Fords, Chevys and GMCs kicking around (Dodges less so, but they weren't as popular to begin with).

But I'll tell you what really lasts a loooooooooong fuckin' time:

... Ford Tempos

I swear to Vishnu, they're the cockroaches of the automotive world. In every small town in Alberta you'll find a few Tempos and Topazes. They look like shit and run like shit but they run.

93JC

Quote from: heelntoe on December 11, 2015, 10:35:49 AM
Also, long time no see, how've you been?

Oh I'm fine. :)

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on December 11, 2015, 11:50:22 AM

Those things are really hit or miss. Either they do alright, or they fall apart.

And it'll burn oil furiously while doing it

As a side note, when I worked at the Chevy dealer I drove an Ion with 330,000 miles. It felt absurdly tired.

So, you're saying that an Ion with 330,000 miles on it drives like new!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Payman

Quote from: 93JC on December 11, 2015, 12:47:16 PM
Pickup trucks seem to last a long time, plenty of older Fords, Chevys and GMCs kicking around (Dodges less so, but they weren't as popular to begin with).

But I'll tell you what really lasts a loooooooooong fuckin' time:

... Ford Tempos

I swear to Vishnu, they're the cockroaches of the automotive world. In every small town in Alberta you'll find a few Tempos and Topazes. They look like shit and run like shit but they run.

You're right! I see those everyday too.

93JC

Update: I saw a beat up SC2 on Tuesday. Running on steel wheels (I thought SC2s had cast aluminum? I can't remember anymore) with no hubcaps, might have been running on three cylinders (sounded pretty damn awful anyway) and the hood didn't close.

But it was running, poor as it was, and moved under its own power.

:tounge: