Lotus Evora 400

Started by CaminoRacer, January 19, 2016, 12:45:07 PM

CaminoRacer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1pU_tfMAUY

So, would you pick this or a Porsche (911 or Cayman)?

I think I would go with the Evora. Plus, Edelbrock supercharger!  :rockon:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

SVT666

I have never cared for the styling of the Evora.

CaminoRacer

The front end isn't too interesting but I love the rear.

12,000 RPM

I cant help but be a realist here. The car looks awesome and I'm sure it's significantly more fun to drive than a 911 Carrera. But the nearest Lotus dealer is 80 miles from my house, and both the N/A and turbo 911 Carrera sound a lot better. This is one of those cars I would love to drive, but not actually sign the paperwork to own.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

CaminoRacer

If I'm being real, I'd buy a supercharged Exige for $30-40k.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: CaminoRacer on January 19, 2016, 02:07:50 PM
If I'm being real, I'd buy a supercharged Exige for $30-40k.

Lol I don't think you're going to find an Exige for $30-40k. That's normal Elise prices.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Rich

I think this would have made for a sweet NSX. I'm sure Honda could have gotten a comparable car for a bit less money.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Payman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 19, 2016, 01:55:26 PM
I cant help but be a realist here. The car looks awesome and I'm sure it's significantly more fun to drive than a 911 Carrera. But the nearest Lotus dealer is 80 miles from my house, and both the N/A and turbo 911 Carrera sound a lot better. This is one of those cars I would love to drive, but not actually sign the paperwork to own.

Yeah, that's where I'm at. And I'd also spring for a lightly used Exige.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: thecarnut on January 19, 2016, 02:14:30 PM
Lol I don't think you're going to find an Exige for $30-40k. That's normal Elise prices.

Yeah, you're right. Found a few under $40k, but most are $60k.

Elise for $35k and another $10k in engine/suspension would work for me.

12,000 RPM

I hope we get the new V6 Exige

Lotus is in a tough spot though. They dont have the volume to justify building up a big dealer network, even with Proton's money.

I wonder how they would do building kit cars. Just pump out tube frame Exiges all day. They'd save on all the federalization bullshit and probably not lose much volume.

Tave

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 19, 2016, 01:55:26 PM

I think if you're willing to put up with the higher costs of ownership and smaller dealer networks that come with any "exotic," the particulars wouldn't really sway you between different makes. It's not as if Porsche is much better--they have one dealer in that metro area and it isn't anywhere close to you.

Completely off-topic but were you at the Hornets game yesterday by any chance?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Eye of the Tiger

Eh, I'll take an MR2 Spyder and swap in the 2JZZGE whatever motor for a total of <$10K, I'd guess.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MrH

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 19, 2016, 02:49:04 PM
Eh, I'll take an MR2 Spyder and swap in the 2JZZGE whatever motor for a total of <$10K, I'd guess.

I've looked into this. A good condition mr2 spyder will be at least $8k. Motor and trans is like $4k to get it with an LSD and everything.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

MX793

Quote from: HotRodPilot on January 19, 2016, 02:23:31 PM
I think this would have made for a sweet NSX. I'm sure Honda could have gotten a comparable car for a bit less money.

Funny, I was thinking pretty much the same thing.  This is what the new NSX should have been, perhaps with a few more upscale features and amenities like keyless entry.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Tave on January 19, 2016, 02:41:34 PM
I think if you're willing to put up with the higher costs of ownership and smaller dealer networks that come with any "exotic," the particulars wouldn't really sway you between different makes. It's not as if Porsche is much better--they have one dealer in that metro area and it isn't anywhere close to you.

Completely off-topic but were you at the Hornets game yesterday by any chance?
Porsche is at least in Charlotte..... nearest Lotus dealer is paired up with Fisker (!!!!) up in Greensboro.

And yea I was at the game yesterday... floor seats through my job :lol: Were you there

Tave

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 19, 2016, 06:41:45 PM
Porsche is at least in Charlotte..... nearest Lotus dealer is paired up with Fisker (!!!!) up in Greensboro.

And yea I was at the game yesterday... floor seats through my job :lol: Were you there

Haha! Dude I knew I wasn't imagining things--my work has seats a few rows back from the home bench, I always people watch on the sidelines, looked up at one point, and thought, "Goddamn if that's not SportyAccordy." (It took a good quarter hour to explain that comment to the girlfriend) I don't know if he was sitting there at that moment, but when I saw you, you were walking right next to the chair Michael Jordan used in the second half.

They might have moved, but there was a Fisker/Lotus shop in W-S as well. That Porsche dealer is almost in South Carolina, probably takes about as long to beat your way through traffic as it does to get to the Triad. Likewise, you go somewhere out West and it could be 500+ miles to the nearest dealership. I think ultimately the people that buy them aren't that concerned with the support aspect, no one expects a Lotus or Porsche to have a dealer nearby.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

12,000 RPM

Yea that sounds about right, it was definitely me. That was a fun game. I don't really follow the NBA but it was interesting to watch. Frustrating. It was really similar to the Panthers game the day before. "We" need to learn how to hold leads in the 2nd half... shit won't fly in the Super Bowl  :lockedup: We need to get Hayward, he is good.

I think there's just not that many Porsche owners in Charlotte :lol: With Porsche though at least I can get parts and shit relatively easy. I feel like a small fender bender in a Lotus would put it out for months. It's like Ferrari level hassle with nowhere near the exoticness. Still looks like an awesome car.

Tave

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 19, 2016, 07:02:28 PM
Yea that sounds about right, it was definitely me. That was a fun game. I don't really follow the NBA but it was interesting to watch. Frustrating. It was really similar to the Panthers game the day before. "We" need to learn how to hold leads in the 2nd half... shit won't fly in the Super Bowl  :lockedup: We need to get Hayward, he is good.

I think there's just not that many Porsche owners in Charlotte :lol: With Porsche though at least I can get parts and shit relatively easy. I feel like a small fender bender in a Lotus would put it out for months. It's like Ferrari level hassle with nowhere near the exoticness. Still looks like an awesome car.

Well they offered Gordy a max deal but he was a restricted free agent and Utah matched. He balled out yesterday too; hard to have a "pedestrian" 34, but the 52 that Kemba dropped stole the show. I'm excited to see what a lineup of Jin-Batum-MKG can do when the young fella comes back. It's nice the Hornets are fun again--I don't think you were around for it, but the last few years have been brutal.

Charlotte is weird like that; there just aren't as many nice rides as you'd expect in a city that size. I think part of it is that the predominant industries are so conservative that people just don't spend as much on fancy cars, or at least foreign sports cars. The best spot to go window-shopping is that weird stretch on Tyvola next to the Gentleman's Club and all the extended-stay hotels, for whatever reason that random ass dealer always has the best stuff in his showroom.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Tave on January 19, 2016, 07:15:30 PM
Well they offered Gordy a max deal but he was a restricted free agent and Utah matched. He balled out yesterday too; hard to have a "pedestrian" 34, but the 52 that Kemba dropped stole the show. I'm excited to see what a lineup of Jin-Batum-MKG can do when the young fella comes back. It's nice the Hornets are fun again--I don't think you were around for it, but the last few years have been brutal.

Charlotte is weird like that; there just aren't as many nice rides as you'd expect in a city that size. I think part of it is that the predominant industries are so conservative that people just don't spend as much on fancy cars, or at least foreign sports cars. The best spot to go window-shopping is that weird stretch on Tyvola next to the Gentleman's Club and all the extended-stay hotels, for whatever reason that random ass dealer always has the best stuff in his showroom.
Yea I am not super familiar but I heard everyone is excited for MKG to come back. Jin was definitely doing his thing too. Fucking Zeller needs to GO, how is he a starter? Kaminsky was so much more effective when he was in. Zeller cost us a good 10 pts easy. Obviously its only one game but they have a little momentum. Hopefully they can get some money and iron out the lineup. The way they were playing, it looks like they may need some coaching help too. Utah was low key running circles around them on offense and then shutting them down on defense. Kemba was running down the clock too damn much. Couldnt get it moving.

I have been near that dealership I think... I used to go to the Costco there and then fuck around with the bass guitars at Sam Ash back when I was working from home and had time to randomly drop down to Tyvola from Cornelius lol. Never went to that dealership though. In Charlotte the status ride is the contractor truck. There were a shitload of cool interesting cars at C&C though. And I saw an (automatic, boo) NSX by the Filmore at a Stones tribute show like 2 weeks ago. There was a girl with a 964 Carrera who lived somewhere near Cornelius back when I was up there too. They are out there hiding.... but not numerous enough to warrant a dealership up north I guess.

Payman

... and that's how you hijack a thread.  :popcorn:

:lol:

MrH

You guys were ten feet away from each other just by coincidence? :wtf: what're the odds?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

68_427

As much as I want to say I'd take the Lotus, they haven't been reliable and it takes forever to get parts.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

Quote from: MrH on January 19, 2016, 08:49:31 PM
You guys were ten feet away from each other just by coincidence? :wtf: what're the odds?
High.... Charlotte is a small ass city for professionals.

Raza

Lotus for me.  I don't live that far from a Lotus dealer.  About an hour.  Besides, the new 911, outside of targa form, just doesn't do it for me for some reason (for the first time, since I've always loved 911s). 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

68_427

QuoteThe Evora Sport 410 is the result of Lotus' philosophy of continuous improvement. With a lower centre of gravity, and a kerb weight slashed to just 1,325 kg, the car provides an impressive 309 hp/tonne, and builds on the achievements of the excellent Evora 400. In addition to boosting straight-line speed, the significant reduction in mass has allowed sharper, more agile and intuitive handling - with even greater accuracy and feel.

This is tits
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Raza

Kerb? Kg? Tonne? Centre? And they dare to say we butcher the language.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MX793

Tonne is another name for a metric ton, or megagram.  It is not the British English spelling of "ton".
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Eye of the Tiger

Yes, perfect, perky C-cups.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

12,000 RPM

Lotus deserves to win.

My pick is still that Exige V6 though. Seperate the men from the mice