What do you guys think?

Started by FlatBlackCaddy, December 19, 2005, 10:05:15 PM

FlatBlackCaddy

I've been messing around on the internet and looking at parts for my Z(lots of stuff).

Something i would like to get soon is some rims and tires(the car needs tires, i have a set of 17" chrom TSW's(which i'm not too crazy about). So i was thinkiing of getting a wheel package(mounted and balanced) from a online warehouse.

I kinda like these. As for the style of rim i'm looking for something thats performance orientd(not chrome, not heavy).  I'd prefer a black or dard graphite/gun metal look.

The package i made includes 2-18x8.5 and 2-18x10 wheels
with 2-245/40 18's and 2-275/35 18's(goodyear Eagle F1's).

So does anyone else think a black/graphite rum would look good on a all black Z.

footoflead

Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

jadewolf123

Of course it would. If I had the cash and a sports cars BBS's would be on there faster than a fat kid on cake.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

FlatBlackCaddy

QuoteOf course it would. If I had the cash and a sports cars BBS's would be on there faster than a fat kid on cake.
LOL...that was a good one.

I would like a set of BBS wheels, but i don't like alot of spokes and they don't seem to have anything dark enough for my tastes.

Also keeping it japanese would be nice, i believe BBS are europeon.

JYODER240

I'm a fan of dark colored wheels on dark cars.  I like the wheels but I would want to see them on a 300ZX before I bought them.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

FlatBlackCaddy

QuoteHell yeah it would
I looked at some black wheels with a red rim, they didn't look as nice though(imo).

Raza

I was just about to say that I really like the multi-spoke rims like BBS, but since you don't dig them, they're out.  The ones you posted are nice, too.

If money's no object, I'd get HRE's.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

QuoteI'm a fan of dark colored wheels on dark cars.  I like the wheels but I would want to see them on a 300ZX before I bought them.
I would like to see them on the car as well.

But given the car and wheel combo its unlikely.  

Raza

I must say, though, I dislike black rims.  In Gran Turismo 4, I put some with a chrome lip on my badass Type 72, but that's it.  Gave it the "authentic race car" look.  But that car was also lowered, has only 5 pounds per horsepower, and a big black wing for downforce.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

While i like the color black, i do agree that it is hard to find "good looking" black rims. Alot of the time the detail is lost when viewed on the car and it gives it a low rent stock wheel look(from a distance).

In the end i'll probobly go with a dark grey/machine type look.

Raza

QuoteWhile i like the color black, i do agree that it is hard to find "good looking" black rims. Alot of the time the detail is lost when viewed on the car and it gives it a low rent stock wheel look(from a distance).

In the end i'll probobly go with a dark grey/machine type look.
That's precisely what I dislike.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

Yup, something like whats on that lotus(or some TVR rims) is more like my style. A real dark grey, but still light enough to add detail to the car.

Raza

There's the Type 72, for reference.

275mph Z car.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

I gotta get my PS2 out and finish up GT4, its a car nuts dream building up all those cars. I think 4 has the best car selection yet(the used car garages are gold mines).

I'm sure i'll look through hundreds of wheels before i find what i want. I'd like some dark grey Nismo rims but they only make them in silver and gold. I guess i could respray them but when your spending 400 bucks a rim its pretty dumb to have to refinish them.

mazda6er

QuoteOf course it would. If I had the cash and a sports cars BBS's would be on there faster than a fat kid on cake.
The next time you quote 50 cent, or whoever the hell said that first, I'm afraid you'll have to die.  :lol:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Champ

I like the gray or darker rims, however you need to watch for some powder coated rims - if you rash them on a curb likely the refinishing costs can be high and the nick will be noticable.

FlatBlackCaddy

Hey champ,

I don't rash my rims, never have(been 9 years driving, never done it), so i'm not too worried about that. This car will probobly see its best care ever from me.

I've been thinking of racking up the credit card and then switching to get 0% for a year. I might put exhuast, cat eliminator pipes, and a ECU in it before summer......i'll race your saab for pinks(sorry, i just really want your saab).

jadewolf123

The next time you quote 50 cent, or whoever the hell said that first, I'm afraid you'll have to die.  :lol:
Wait how was that 50 Cent? I do like BBS's and fat kids do like cake.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

Secret Chimp

I like that design you posted first, but wouldn't go more than an inch or so over the stock wheels; if you blow away too much rubber with aftermarkets it stops looking good and starts looking stupid really quickly.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raza

QuoteI gotta get my PS2 out and finish up GT4, its a car nuts dream building up all those cars. I think 4 has the best car selection yet(the used car garages are gold mines).

I'm sure i'll look through hundreds of wheels before i find what i want. I'd like some dark grey Nismo rims but they only make them in silver and gold. I guess i could respray them but when your spending 400 bucks a rim its pretty dumb to have to refinish them.
When you get a lot done, it gets much, much harder.  I was at 73.1 percent for months, and just last week I broke to 73.3--I have some rallies to finish, one one make race, one professional race, Extreme Hall, and most of the Endurance races.

I have like 254 cars.  One of my favorites is my Fiat 500F.  Slow, but if you put grippier tires up front than at the rear, it'll slide like a champ.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

mazda6er

Wait how was that 50 Cent? I do like BBS's and fat kids do like cake.
Quote50 CENT LYRICS

"21 Questions"
(feat. Nate Dogg)

[50 Cent]
New York City!
You are now rapping...with 50 Cent
You gotta love it...
I just wanna chill and twist a la
Catch suns in my 7-45
You drive me crazy shorty I
Need to see you and feel you next to me
I provide everything you need and I
Like your smile I don't wanna see you cry
Got some questions that I got to ask and I
Hope you can come up with the answers babe

[Nate Dogg]
Girl...It's easy to love me now
Would you love me if I was down and out?
Would you still have love for me?
Girl...

[50 Cent]
If I fell off tomorrow would you still love me?
If I didn't smell so good would you still hug me?
If I got locked up and sentenced to a quarter century,
Could I count on you to be there to support me mentally?
If I went back to a hoopty from a Benz, would you poof and disappear like
some of my friends?
If I was hit and I was hurt would you be by my side?
If it was time to put in work would you be down to ride?
I'd get out and peel a nigga cap and chill and drive
I'm asking questions to find out how you feel inside
If I ain't rap 'cause I flipped burgers at Burger King
would you be ashamed to tell your friends you feelin' me?
In the bed if I used my tongue would you like that?
If I wrote you a love letter would you write back?
Now we can have a lil' drink you know a nightcap
And we could go do what you like, I know you like that

[Nate Dogg]
Girl...It's easy to love me now (Woo!)
Girl...

[50 Cent]
Now would you leave me if you're father found out I was thuggin'?
Do you believe me when I tell you, you the one I'm loving?
Are you mad 'cause I'm asking you 21 questions?
Are you my soulmate? 'Cause if so, girl you a blessing
Do you trust me enough, to tell me your dreams?
I'm staring at ya' trying to figure how you got in them jeans
If I was down would you say things to make me smile?
I treat you how you want to be treated just teach me how
If I was with some other chick and someone happened to see?
And when you asked me about it I said it wasn't me
Would you believe me? Or up and leave me?
How deep is our bond if that's all it takes for you to be gone?
We're only humans girl we make mistakes, to make it up I do whatever it take
I love you like a fat kid loves cake[/size][/font]
You know my style I say anything to make you smile

[Nate Dogg]
Girl...

Could you love me in a Bentley?
Could you love me on a bus?
I'll ask 21 questions, and they all about us
Could you love me in a Bentley?
Could you love me on a bus?
I'll ask 21 questions, and they all about us

:ph34r: Not a direct quote, but shameless nonetheless.   :lol:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Secret Chimp

Man, that's some shit-tacular music. Almost as awful as Avenged Sevenfold ;)

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.