68_427

This thing needs sport bike mufflers.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

MrH

The stock exhaust is fine.

It started acting funny on the drive in this morning.  Pulled right on throttle, pulled left off throttle.  Pair that with the really quick steering, and it was a bit goofy to drive.  Get to work and sure enough:  big screw stuck in my back right tire.

And I don't have a spare.  Going to try and limp it to midas down the street to batch it so I can get home.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rich

I thought they came with a spare tucked up into the bulkhead behind the passengers
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

MrH

Quote from: Rich on July 21, 2016, 07:52:26 AM
I thought they came with a spare tucked up into the bulkhead behind the passengers

That's where my amp and tiny subwoofer are now :lol:
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rich

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

MX793

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 21, 2016, 11:22:32 AM
#ricerlife

Priority, man.  Thumping bass trumps having a spare [says the guy whose car doesn't come with a spare]
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on July 21, 2016, 11:27:41 AM
Priority, man.  Thumping bass trumps having a spare [says the guy whose car doesn't come with a spare]

Spares are for losers. 

I want a STRIKE tire!

Carl: Sir, your spare ribs, cooked just the way you like them.
Mr. Burns: Spare ribs eh? I've played around with ten pins a time or two in my life and, to me, the term spare reeks of second best. Give me ten full frames of strike ribs. [to Lenny]: And you, find my doctor and find out why I'd ask for something as insane as strike ribs.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MrH

I've had a slow leak once in my 13 years of driving.  Take the spare out, and get a nail within a couple of weeks.  Figures.

Anyways, took it to Midas down the street.  $20 later, and it's patched and driving fine again.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MX793 on July 21, 2016, 11:27:41 AM

I also have a subwoofer and no spare.

No strike either, sorry Raza
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Rich

I curry my spare errerywhere.

If I'm on a long trip i even throw in the X lug wrench

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Rich on July 21, 2016, 02:11:17 PM
I curry my spare errerywhere.

If I'm on a long trip i even throw in the X lug wrench

LOL

i carry a full size spare, tire patch kit, jack, and wrench, plus two tow straps, a full wrench set up to 1 inch/22 mm ( both sockets and wrenches), channel locks, two crescents, a half dozen screwdrivers, various pliers, a three pound sledge, pry bars, voltage tester and spare fuses, a model specific OBD-1 tester, spare hoses and belts, clamps, tie raps, duct tape and this super nasty carbon fiber tape kit that dries hard as a rock.

I have had a few tire blowouts and a couple roadside repair sessions; but not in this car yet.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

I carry a cell phone and a couple hundred in cash.  And a flashlight and a knife.  And a trunk monkey.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on July 21, 2016, 02:40:41 PM
I carry a cell phone and a couple hundred in cash.  And a flashlight and a knife.  And a trunk monkey.

No shovel?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Rupert

I'm probably more likely to call a tow truck these days, but I still curry a tool kit and such.

Not for a flat though, calling a tow truck for a flat is lame.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BimmerM3

Quote from: MrH on July 21, 2016, 02:05:16 PM
I've had a slow leak once in my 13 years of driving.  Take the spare out, and get a nail within a couple of weeks.  Figures.

Anyways, took it to Midas down the street.  $20 later, and it's patched and driving fine again.

Heh - I also got a leaky tire within 6 months of getting mine. Weird.

Mine was two nails though, which they apparently can't patch if they're too close together, so I had to get new rear tires.

giant_mtb

I've only ever had one flat while driving. Luckily, my tires were basically brand new, so they just replaced the one instead of multiples (on the AWD Audi).  Sucked to fork over $160 or whatever a month after spending 160x4, but I couldn't really complain.

Raza

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 22, 2016, 01:21:21 AM
I've only ever had one flat while driving. Luckily, my tires were basically brand new, so they just replaced the one instead of multiples (on the AWD Audi).  Sucked to fork over $160 or whatever a month after spending 160x4, but I couldn't really complain.

The Z4 has been flat city over here. I think I've replaced all four for flats in the last two years. One definitely looks like someone slashed it though.

I had a blowout on the Passat that took the rim with it, though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CaminoRacer

No flats here

knocks on wood
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Rupert on July 21, 2016, 06:31:25 PM
Not for a flat though, calling a tow truck for a flat is lame.

LOL   I was driving van full of family about 15miles from home WOOSH the rear tire just went flat flat flat.

I pull off and get the jack out and get the kids out of the car and start to work and COULD. NOT! get the lugnuts off!!

I usually rotate myself but I think we'd gotten new tires recently or something. They wouldn't budge. Had to call, free from insurance co. Guy had a big cheater bar and broke them all free then helped change it too.

Was seriously annoying, I was so mad at whoever had super-over-tightened them...

Valve stem had just disintegrated, easy fix.
Will

MrH

I hustled through traffic last night in the S2000.  Hit 95 mph :praise:

That's a big difference between the S2000 and Miata.  The S2000 doesn't really feel like you're booking it until 90+.  The miata felt like you were flying at 65 mph.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MrH on July 28, 2016, 03:22:05 PM
That's a big difference between the S2000 and Miata.  The S2000 doesn't really feel like you're booking it until 90+.  The miata felt like you were flying at 65 mph.

Part of the attraction for me. :ohyeah: I drove on 45mph roads with a stoplight every 1-2miles when I had my Miata. Right pedal was on the floor a couple gears every time I had to stop and I wasn't busting any speed limits.
Will

12,000 RPM

That's one thing I didn't like about the S2K. In the motorcycle world we call that slingshot speed
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

BimmerM3

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on July 23, 2016, 08:06:54 PM
LOL   I was driving van full of family about 15miles from home WOOSH the rear tire just went flat flat flat.

I pull off and get the jack out and get the kids out of the car and start to work and COULD. NOT! get the lugnuts off!!

I usually rotate myself but I think we'd gotten new tires recently or something. They wouldn't budge. Had to call, free from insurance co. Guy had a big cheater bar and broke them all free then helped change it too.

Was seriously annoying, I was so mad at whoever had super-over-tightened them...

Valve stem had just disintegrated, easy fix.

I one time had a lug on my car so tight that the stud sheared off when I broke out the cheater bar.

MrH

I haven't been commuting in it much lately.  Just too hot and muggy outside to drive with the top down.  I took it out last night to pick up dinner.

There's so many little nagging issues with the car that need to be fixed still.  I'm getting tired of working on it.  I might see if I can make a big push on Sunday to knock some things out.  Here's what I still have left:

- Need to route the power cable under the center console and through an AC vent for my cell phone
- Rear speakers to be added
- Modify the striker plates for the top.  There's a whole process of shimming them that needs to be happen to get rid of the awful whistling wind noise with the top up.
- Top latches need to be taken apart and some closed cell foam has to be added to stop them from rattling.  I'm having a hard time sourcing the foam.  To buy from the dealer you need to buy in a huge quantity and it's $50.
- Get rid of my searing hot metal shift knob and replace it with the leather one from the AP2s
- Need to track down the noise coming from the passenger airbag area.  I think the dash subframe on the passenger side is loose.  Just need to check to see how the substrate is attached to it
- Still getting a lot of squeaking and rattling coming from the convertible top shelf area.  I need to get some BSR tape and maybe some dynomat to fix all of that.
- I'd like to put an AP2 center control in at some point.  They're pretty expensive though.
- Coilovers need to go on.  Either the current shocks are dead or the car rides from the factory like garbage.  Can't tell which it is :lol:
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

giant_mtb

Put a microfiber in your glove box to cover the shift knob when you're parked.  Or a glove. Or perhaps a golf club cover.  Unless you just want a new knob anyways.

MrH

I do want a new knob.  Also, S2000s don't have glove boxes :lol:
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 11, 2016, 11:30:08 AM
Put a microfiber in your glove box to cover the shift knob when you're parked.  Or a glove. Or perhaps a golf club cover.  Unless you just want a new knob anyways.

More than once, I took my sock off and used that.

(Edit; yeah, I know. Context motherfuckers)