Another 3-wheel motocar?

Started by AutobahnSHO, March 14, 2016, 12:42:44 PM

AutobahnSHO

all electric, supposedly goes to manufacture this year.
$11k
3-wheel commuter vehicle, 70 or 130mile range. Side panel with swing up door optional (and probably add another $5k?)

www.arcimoto.com
Will

RomanChariot

Under utility at the top of their site they list "2 humans and their gear" yet the only utility option they show lower on the page clearly states that they remove the second seat to make room for gear. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

12,000 RPM

Ugh does it have to look like a go kart

As I've said before all these trikes show is how much cheaper and more efficient cars could be without safety regulations.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

AutobahnSHO

LOL I asked how long it would take to charge on 110v. They said "we expect 4-5hrs, depending on which battery pack".

LOLOLOLOL One battery pack is 70mile range, the other 130mile range. So almost twice as much juice. And they "expect" ????

Seems half-baked. At least it's not like the Elio and trying for a tiny price point with a gas engine....
Will

giant_mtb

I'd rather have a tiny gas engine. A couple extra gallons strapped to the back means you'll never get stranded. An extra battery pack would kill the electric's range and speed. Two gallons of gas weighs 12 pounds.

Payman

That's pretty cool! If I lived in the city I'd love to have one.

Payman

In somewhat related but otherwise hilarious news, the Elio is delayed (again) until 2017.

MrH

Lol, the Elio is total vaporware.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 14, 2016, 11:49:34 PM
I'd rather have a tiny gas engine. A couple extra gallons strapped to the back means you'll never get stranded. An extra battery pack would kill the electric's range and speed. Two gallons of gas weighs 12 pounds.

Yeah but you have the maintenance tradeoff.

The Elio pops up in my FB feed from time to time, as a couple friends like it. Great idea but I totally doubt they will ever build them and sell them for ~$7k each.
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Rockraven on March 15, 2016, 05:51:04 AM
In somewhat related but otherwise hilarious news, the Elio is delayed (again) until 2017.

hahaha   NO! WEIGH!!!!! 
Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Rockraven on March 15, 2016, 05:28:45 AM

Perfect for my current situation. It's 6minutes driveway to work. Hardly worth driving a car but at this point in life too far to walk and weather isn't always great for bike, plus the necessity of wearing a backpack, reflective belt, and helmet...
Will

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Rockraven on March 15, 2016, 05:28:45 AM

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 15, 2016, 08:34:35 AM
Perfect for my current situation. It's 6minutes driveway to work. Hardly worth driving a car but at this point in life too far to walk and weather isn't always great for bike, plus the necessity of wearing a backpack, reflective belt, and helmet...

Grom.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

MX793

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 15, 2016, 09:02:08 AM
Grom.

Doesn't address helmet, reflective apparel, or weather.  Watertown registered as the coldest place in the lower 48 a couple of days this winter.  I'd want something enclosed and heated.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 15, 2016, 09:02:08 AM
Grom.

Army says I have to have motorcycle course, hard shoes (no sneakers), jacket, pants, gloves, helmet, reflective vest for that.

Possibly an enclosed cage vehicle I could skip most of that. Plus weather. Lots of rain/snow here
Will

12,000 RPM

O God. Ddi they get a DoE loan for this too
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 15, 2016, 11:06:01 AM
O God. Ddi they get a DoE loan for this too

lol Don't know if they will or not.

Elio is not that competent- they're still working on that part.  :lol:
Will