Most and least liked cars Ubered in?

Started by Xer0, May 12, 2016, 05:45:53 PM

Xer0

I've been taking a lot of Ubers lately and have racked up a lot of miles in a lot of different cars so I thought it'd be fun to compare people's experiences.

Most liked:
Focus ST
MazdaSpeed3
Range Rover
Buick Enclave

I love love getting into an uber with a manual and usually it means an enthusiast which I can chat it up with.  The ST driver and I didn't the whole ride talking about the upcoming RS while the MPS driver and I talked about autocross and torque steer.  The Range and the Buick where simply stupid comfortable with the Buick being positively massive.  I could really see why people buy them.

Least liked:
Versa
Prius
Aveo
Any subcompact really

The Versa was literally the worst car I have ever been in.  The engine is incredibly loud, sounds like shit, doesn't actually get anywhere, and because of the CVT just drones on foreeeeeeeeeeever.  The Prius is okay I guess, but really uncomfortable and the interior is cheap.  The rest of the subcompacts range from 'shit' to 'I'm never taking an uber again'

I've also noticed a couple of traits in drivers that are annoying.  A handful of drivers will go into neutral when they are stopped.  Not sure why, but every time it engages there's a jerk but it's not like they're saving their brakes since they're still on them.  Not sure if it's a desire to be cool and regretting not getting a manual, or if it actually saves gas, but it's annoying as a rider.

People also love slamming their brakes for everything.  I don't get it.  Slam on the brake at every opportunity; there is no subtlety just jerk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2o6

Most of the time I'm drunk or annoyed, and I'm biased since basically I uber/lyft out of a manual transmission subcompact. But I don't do it full time, and I'm not the only one. I still manage a 4.85 (uber clientele sucks) and perfect 5.0 on Lyft.

The least liked cars I've ridden in usually are because of the shitty driver or a dirty car, or car in disrepair - I work on cars so I notice now.

- the FILTHIEST Kia Sedona I've ever seen

- Honda Odyssey with wheel bearings loud as shit, and warped rotors. Every time he breathed on the brakes, the steering wheel shook like a paint mixer

- an absolutely filthy current gen Ford Taurus (idk how a car this new was so dirty)

- current model Nissan Altima with cigarette ashes all over the interior

As long as the driver was pleasant, the car is clean, and the ride and driving was safe, I don't care what I ride in.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: 2o6 on May 12, 2016, 06:11:25 PM
As long as the driver was pleasant, the car is clean, and the ride and driving was safe, I don't care what I ride in.

Yep. I've only taken Uber a couple times though. I haven't gotten into one with a manual transmission. That would be interesting.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

CaminoRacer

Only Uber I've been in was a manual Camry. That was pretty cool TBH.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Lebowski

I honestly don't care as long as it's clean, maintained, and has enough room.

68_427

Best:  current gen 550i M-Sport

Worst: last gen Camry Hybrid

I've been lucky I guess.  Both were incredibly clean, polite, and provided me with cool bottled water.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

CALL_911

Best: current gen Infiniti FX

Worst: 2003 Accord which wasn't bad at all

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

veeman

Sorry about veering off topic but I find it incredibly difficult to maintain a smooth ride with a manual.  I've been driving one daily for 2 and a half years and I'm very cognizant about trying to upshift smoothly when I have a passenger.  It's always a bit jerky though especially when I'm trying to accelerate briskly.   I've been in plenty of cabs, especially in Mexico, which are manual and the ride is always a bit jerky.  Not nearly as smooth as an automatic.