FBC's Kit Car Build Thread.

Started by FlatBlackCaddy, May 25, 2016, 03:20:24 PM

giant_mtb

That's the best way to garage.  Do you have a pizza oven out there, too?  Also a necessity for procrastination.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 15, 2016, 04:19:43 AM
That's the best way to garage.  Do you have a pizza oven out there, too?  Also a necessity for procrastination.

Wood fired brick oven, or lame.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 15, 2016, 04:19:43 AM

No, that's ridiculous, I don't have a pizza oven out there. I cook the pizza in the house and bring it out to the garage.

giant_mtb

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 15, 2016, 07:26:19 AM
No, that's ridiculous, I don't have a pizza oven out there. I cook the pizza in the house and bring it out to the garage.

It'll get cold in 100' in the winter tho mang.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 15, 2016, 07:26:19 AM

Fuck that. Your shit's lame.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 14, 2016, 02:19:18 PM
Ya, but, there is like 100 feet between the house and the garage. It's a hurdle that is tough to overcome. Also, garage productivity seemed to fall off once I installed a fridge and green lighted cigar smoking in the garage. So even if I make it past the first hurdle, there is no guarantee that I won't just end up drinking scotch and smoking cigars while watching TV out there.

Lifes hard guys.

Stay scrong FBC.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 15, 2016, 08:50:07 AM
It'll get cold in 100' in the winter tho mang.

I like cold pizza, besides, I have to go in the house to get the chips and jerky and other "necessities".

FlatBlackCaddy

CaminoRacer

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 15, 2016, 10:45:42 AM
I like cold pizza, besides, I have to go in the house to get the chips and jerky and other "necessities".

Sounds like the house is the inconvenience. Get rid of it, move into the garage.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: CaminoRacer on December 15, 2016, 02:31:24 PM
Sounds like the house is the inconvenience. Get rid of it, move into the garage.

Isn't that the dream?

Once I strike it big and quit the day job, the next place i move will be into a 10,000 square foot garage with a nice 1000sqft living quarter loft.

Oddly though I'd probably still keep the pizza oven "in the house".

Eye of the Tiger

giant_mtb

Laaaaaame. There ain't a Yooper with a solid garage I know that doesn't have a pizza oven for the zas they keep in the freezer in the ragé.

Eye of the Tiger

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 14, 2016, 02:19:18 PM
Ya, but, there is like 100 feet between the house and the garage. It's a hurdle that is tough to overcome. Also, garage productivity seemed to fall off once I installed a fridge and green lighted cigar smoking in the garage. So even if I make it past the first hurdle, there is no guarantee that I won't just end up drinking scotch and smoking cigars while watching TV out there.

Lifes hard guys.

:ohyeah:

Good for you!   :lol:
Will

Eye of the Tiger

I think I speak for everyone when I say we need pics or shens. So far, we've seen a pallet with some damaged junk on it, and confirmation that there is no pizza oven in the garage.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 17, 2016, 11:24:02 AM
I think I speak for everyone when I say we need pics or shens. So far, we've seen a pallet with some damaged junk on it, and confirmation that there is no pizza oven in the garage.

:lol:

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

CaminoRacer

MrH

Keep the insults coming! If we can demoralize him enough, I can pickup an Exocet for cheap
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

MrH

Has anyone checked on FBC?  I'm imagining the Exocet fell on him.  His pizza stone and oven just out of reach.  Slowly dying of hunger.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

RomanChariot

Minnesota. Winter. Alcohol. The only thing around him that isn't frozen is his liquor. He'll be back when things warm up.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: MrH on January 09, 2017, 07:59:31 AM
Has anyone checked on FBC?  I'm imagining the Exocet fell on him.  His pizza stone and oven just out of reach.  Slowly dying of hunger.

Possible, but since I'd be in the garage I would fashion a rudimentary grab stick using a vice clamp, broken broom handle, a stock miata sway bar and a section of speaker wire to actuate the clamp. With that, I would be able to reach the workbench where I keep cigars. Surely, after I have a good smoke, I would be able to fall asleep. Then worry about getting out from under the car the next morning.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: RomanChariot on January 09, 2017, 09:04:53 AM
Minnesota. Winter. Alcohol. The only thing around him that isn't frozen is his liquor. He'll be back when things warm up.

Yup

12,000 RPM

Fuck, I need one of these so bad. Author doesn't know it, but his driving experience sounds EXACTLY like riding a motorcycle.

http://jalopnik.com/driving-a-stripped-down-turbo-miata-kit-car-doors-are-1791238438
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 20, 2017, 09:59:54 AM
Fuck, I need one of these so bad. Author doesn't know it, but his driving experience sounds EXACTLY like riding a motorcycle.

http://jalopnik.com/driving-a-stripped-down-turbo-miata-kit-car-doors-are-1791238438

COC4LYF

CaminoRacer

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 20, 2017, 09:59:54 AM

Sounds similar to many other street-legal racecars. A Shelby Cobra, for example.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Payman

Was looking forward to a great winter project kit car build thread.  :(

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Rockraven on February 01, 2017, 05:51:01 AM
Was looking forward to a great winter project kit car build thread.  :(

Me too, OP sucks, let's get him........

Did go and check out another guys Exo this past week(or so). A friend of a friend ended up buying that Exo that Matt drove on smoking tire one take. Kind of got me a little fired up!!!!