this situation is purely hypothetical

one car
1 (20%)
two cars
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 05, 2016, 06:28:25 AM
Isn't that exactly what metrosexual means?
No, metro above and beyond, like getting manicures or getting your eyebrows waxed

Taking some pride in your appearance and doing shit like wearing clothes that fit well is just that. America is probably the only place in the world where people take pride in dressing awful.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 05, 2016, 07:04:34 AM
No, metro above and beyond, like getting manicures or getting your eyebrows waxed

Taking some pride in your appearance and doing shit like wearing clothes that fit well is just that. America is probably the only place in the world where people take pride in dressing awful.

Yeah, sounds like Raza to me. Don't know why you think it's an insult though, other than I decided to rib him about it a bit.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Vinsanity

Quote from: 68_427 on October 05, 2016, 06:00:03 AM
Or maybe he's talking about the 4.0/5.5L TT V8 benzos.  Ie the 550s
That's what I thought he meant. If he really meant the CLA, those wouldn't be a bad idea, but for the prices they're currently listed at, I'll probably pass.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 05, 2016, 07:18:56 AM
Yeah, sounds like Raza to me. Don't know why you think it's an insult though, other than I decided to rib him about it a bit.

No beef with your ribbing. I thought it was a bigger burn on the people I was calling soft than on me.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: MrH on October 04, 2016, 09:29:33 PM
I can't resist a few jabs at our forum metrosexual calling people soft :lol:

If I'm the forum metro and Dave is the forum dad, does that make you the forum soccer mom?  :devil:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 05, 2016, 07:04:34 AM

met·ro·sex·ual
noun
a young, urban, heterosexual male with liberal political views, an interest in fashion, and a refined sense of taste.

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 05, 2016, 05:57:00 AM
Valuing one's appearance is not "metrosexual". People hate on Raza because they themselves can't dress  :hammerhead: I imagine the most tailoring they've had done their entire lives is having a Men's Warehouse suit hemmed.

You do realize how expensive it is to wear tailored clothes or dress like Raza, right?  Fuck, you can hardly buy a decent suit for less than a month's rent depending on where you live.  Must be nice.  :rolleyes:

Raza

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 05, 2016, 03:14:48 PM
met·ro·sex·ual
noun
a young, urban, heterosexual male with liberal political views, an interest in fashion, and a refined sense of taste.

I'm not that liberal, but I take no umbrage with the rest of the description.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 05, 2016, 03:18:38 PM
You do realize how expensive it is to wear tailored clothes or dress like Raza, right?  Fuck, you can hardly buy a decent suit for less than a month's rent depending on where you live.  Must be nice.  :rolleyes:
Calm down. 1, I was being a little hyperbolic. You don't need to have everything tailored, just buy shit that mostly fits out of the box. Only tailored stuff I have are button down shirts and those cost a total of a whopping $50 (shirt + tailoring). As for suits H&M has great stuff. My wedding suit was from there, cost like $100, fit pretty well and I still have it. Looking at pictures I probably should have got it hemmed but w/e.

You don't need to spend a million bucks to have good clothes, you just have to take a little care and look.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on October 05, 2016, 02:21:19 PM
No beef with your ribbing. I thought it was a bigger burn on the people I was calling soft than on me.

Good.

That was the intent.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 05, 2016, 04:13:26 PM
Calm down. 1, I was being a little hyperbolic. You don't need to have everything tailored, just buy shit that mostly fits out of the box. Only tailored stuff I have are button down shirts and those cost a total of a whopping $50 (shirt + tailoring). As for suits H&M has great stuff. My wedding suit was from there, cost like $100, fit pretty well and I still have it. Looking at pictures I probably should have got it hemmed but w/e.

You don't need to spend a million bucks to have good clothes, you just have to take a little care and look.

Can't recall the last time I paid $50+ for any article of clothing outside of jackets/boots/shoes.  It's totally possible to look good and dress to yourself and body without needing to be metrosexual or buying tailored items.  I know you know this and were being a bit sarcastic/hyperbolic.

The most tailoring I've ever had done is none...unless you count being fitted for a rental tux three times in my life (prom, bro's wedding, buddy's wedding). :lol:

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 05, 2016, 11:09:04 PM
Can't recall the last time I paid $50+ for any article of clothing outside of jackets/boots/shoes.  It's totally possible to look good and dress to yourself and body without needing to be metrosexual or buying tailored items.  I know you know this and were being a bit sarcastic/hyperbolic.

The most tailoring I've ever had done is none...unless you count being fitted for a rental tux three times in my life (prom, bro's wedding, buddy's wedding). :lol:
Only things I buy that cost more than $50 are shoes and coats. All my shirts and pants are <$40

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 06, 2016, 06:09:17 AM
Only things I buy that cost more than $50 are shoes and coats. All my shirts and pants are <$40

Good. :devil: :lol:

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 06, 2016, 06:09:17 AM

What? How?

veeman

Quote from: 2o6 on October 07, 2016, 08:42:06 AM
What? How?

I'm guessing Walmart or Costco. No fitting rooms though.  12,000 RPM doesn't strike me as
a coupon cutter but maybe he is.  More likely, my guess, is that he just doesn't shop for shirts and pants and relies on his wife, parents, and in-laws to buy him those things for his birthday and Christmas.   :lol:

Also an adult male can get away with wearing the same 10 -
20 shirts and same 10 pants year after year if you don't need fancy clothes for work.  I haven't bought a suit for 15 years.  I've gotten 4 of them from close relatives in that time.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 2o6 on October 07, 2016, 08:42:06 AM
What? How?
ASOS, H&M, Uniqlo

$50 is prob a more realistic cap but yea it doesn't cost anything to make plain clothes that fit well.

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 07, 2016, 09:35:47 AM
ASOS, H&M, Uniqlo

$50 is prob a more realistic cap but yea it doesn't cost anything to make plain clothes that fit well.

Oh yea, then we shop at the same places then lol. (Except Uniqlo; their fitment is so awkward to me - I have to go in person and there's no Uniqlo close to me)

I love ASOS. I just spent $100 there this week.

12,000 RPM

Uniqlo takes work for sure, all their shirt cuts are basura. Still though, $30 for a button down + $20 for my tailor to make it decent is nice. Their slim fit jeans/chinos fit me perfect.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

12,000 RPM

Garbage! You work for Google lol.

Raza

Quote from: Laconian on October 08, 2016, 12:08:17 AM
Basura?

Trash.  Come on, man, it's Spanish.  We're building a wall to keep those people out, and you can't learn a little of their language? 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on October 08, 2016, 09:32:12 AM
Trash.  Come on, man, it's Spanish.  We're building a wall to keep those people out, and you can't learn a little of their language? 

We're building a wall around Spain too?

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 08, 2016, 10:50:48 AM
We're building a wall around Spain too?

Galleta, construimos paredes de todo el mundo.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on October 08, 2016, 03:59:07 PM
Galleta, construimos paredes de todo el mundo.

Putting the Aliens back into Illegal Aliens?