Test Drive: 2005 Cadillac STS V6

Started by BMWDave, May 18, 2005, 05:45:07 AM

Raza

QuoteDo we have an answer to the key slot question yet?
Idiot is probably it.
Idiot car tester...or idiots at GM and Onstar??  I have a hard time believing everyone there is an idiot...but maybe they all are.
Yup, the company that designed the car doesn't know jack shit about it. sure... :rolleyes:
Did you even read the review?  Do you understand the argument?  Please provide me with a valid explanation as to why GM and Onstar knew nothing about the alternate key fob.  Something is missing here.
All i'm saying is that some person, anybody, should've known if there's a key fob or not. ANYBODY from GM or OnStar.
And yes, i did read the article.
I, like you, find it very difficult to believe that Onstar or GM didnt know about an alternate key fob.  And until an explanation is provided, I must assume that GM and Onstar for some reason didnt know about it.
I think they knew it was there but already thought the guy had tried it.
Which would be quite irresponsable on their part.
And I quote my prior statement "They'd ask, they always ask"

Because they do.  Technical and customer assistance people ask so many questions--they always act as if the caller knows nothing about the subject and therefore starts from the bottom up, regardless of your prior knowledge.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteDo we have an answer to the key slot question yet?
Idiot is probably it.
Idiot car tester...or idiots at GM and Onstar??  I have a hard time believing everyone there is an idiot...but maybe they all are.
Yup, the company that designed the car doesn't know jack shit about it. sure... :rolleyes:
Did you even read the review?  Do you understand the argument?  Please provide me with a valid explanation as to why GM and Onstar knew nothing about the alternate key fob.  Something is missing here.
All i'm saying is that some person, anybody, should've known if there's a key fob or not. ANYBODY from GM or OnStar.
And yes, i did read the article.
I, like you, find it very difficult to believe that Onstar or GM didnt know about an alternate key fob.  And until an explanation is provided, I must assume that GM and Onstar for some reason didnt know about it.
I think they knew it was there but already thought the guy had tried it.
Which would be quite irresponsable on their part.
And I quote my prior statement "They'd ask, they always ask"

Because they do.  Technical and customer assistance people ask so many questions--they always act as if the caller knows nothing about the subject and therefore starts from the bottom up, regardless of your prior knowledge.
I agree thats usually the case...but here we are presented with a mystery as to why nothing was done about the alternate key fob.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

It's settled!!!

I called my closest Cadillac dealer.  The salesman said that there was indeed a redundant console slot to put the key in.  Though he said he'd never heard any complaints about interference.

Sorry we ever doubted you Mark.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

QuoteIt's settled!!!

I called my closest Cadillac dealer.  The salesman said that there was indeed a redundant console slot to put the key in.  Though he said he'd never heard any complaints about interference.

Yeah, me too.
So does that mean that the author and the OnStar people and the GM people are all idiots?

BMWDave

QuoteIt's settled!!!

I called my closest Cadillac dealer.  The salesman said that there was indeed a redundant console slot to put the key in.  Though he said he'd never heard any complaints about interference.

Yeah, me too.
So does that mean that the author and the OnStar people and the GM people are all idiots?
Well, I guess thats not settled.  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

QuoteIt's settled!!!

I called my closest Cadillac dealer.  The salesman said that there was indeed a redundant console slot to put the key in.  Though he said he'd never heard any complaints about interference.

Yeah, me too.
Well, I guess thats not settled.
:lol:  

TBR

Why are you all so surprised that the Onstar folks didn't know about the back-up slot? You would expect your computer support people to know any more about your computer than you do (I am completely serious here) so why would you expect your car support people to know about your car than you do? I think the main cause for this is that they are probably still in the process of adding troubleshooting info on the STS to the Onstar database.