Germany votes to ban ICE by 2030

Started by 12,000 RPM, October 09, 2016, 05:35:07 AM

12,000 RPM

http://gizmodo.com/german-lawmakers-vote-to-ban-the-internal-combustion-en-1787574000

QuoteGreens party lawmaker Oliver Krischer told Spiegel, "If the Paris agreement to curb climate-warming emissions is to be taken seriously, no new combustion engine cars should be allowed on roads after 2030."

On one hand, they have a point.

On the other hand, are they smoking crack?  :nutty: Biggest hurdle I see is..... Germany wants to push this out to the EU, right? Half of the EU's electricity still comes from fossil fuels. And this isn't even getting into all the charging infrastructure issues. Our driving legs in Europe would have suuuuuuccccckkkked if we had to add another DAY or whatever for charging.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Eye of the Tiger

I would rather ban actual ice. The production of ice creates heat, warming the globe.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Before I clicked the link I thought they wanted to ban this ICE...

I wouldn't worry too much about this. It's just STUPID and DUMBASS politicians doing shit to gain attention. You'd be amazed at the number of idiotic proposals these clowns come up with in a year, and which for some reason are even being considered before common sense returns and these dumb proposals are quietly swept back under the carpet.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie