Best Friend Goes Japanese...

Started by cawimmer430, December 29, 2005, 02:16:50 PM

cawimmer430

So last night my best friend Anton from Maryland called me to tell me he traded in his '04 Corvette ZO6 for a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX MR, because he needed AWD since he lives out in the middle of nowhere. This is what he wrote me this morning:

I thought I'd try sending you a pic that I took with
my digital camera.  I hope it goes through
successfully.  Please let me know if you get it.  I
think it is a 1.0MB file.  It is a pic of me in
between my 2004 Corvette Z06 and the new 2006 Evo IX
MR that I traded it in on.  Karl is sitting in the
passenger's seat of the Z06.  

Here are the U.S. specs for the 2006 Evo IX MR:

Engine: 4G63 2.0L turbo, hollow camshafts, magnesium
valve cover
Maximum output: 286 hp (290 PS)
Maximum torque: 289 lb-ft (391 NM)
Maximum turbo boost: 20 psi
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Driveline: Permanent AWD with active center
differential (ACD)
Body:  aluminum roof, front fenders and hood; rear
vortex generator, carbon fiber wing with functional
wicker bill extension
Brakes:  Brembo 4 piston up front, 2 piston rear
Suspension: Bilstein struts with inverted dampers
Wheels/tires:  17x8 BBS ultra-lightweight forged
aluminum alloy wheels with 235/45/WR17 Yokohama Advan
A046 ultra high performance summer tires
Performance specs:
0-100 kph: 4.6
0-400 Meters: 13.2 seconds
Top speed (that I've personally achieved so far): 273
KPH(170mph)

-Schubi

P.S. I also attached an extra picture of my Z06.  Karl
is sitting in it while talking on his cell phone.
Those white stains on the Vette are road salt that the
road department put down to prevent the formation of
black ice on the highways, so it looks a little dirty.
By comparison, the Z06 was capable of:
0-100 kph: 4.3
0-400 Meters: 12.4 seconds
Top speed: 283 KPH (176mph)

I don't know about you, but that Lancer looks BADASS.  B)  And the 'Vette too of course.  :P

LET THE FLAME WARS BEGIN! GM fans vs Japanese car fans!  :devil:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

footoflead

The C5's are pretty cheap with everybody trading in for a C6...i would take one in a heart beat...i would also take an evo in a heart beat  :rastaman:

It seems kinda strange to go from a Vette to an Evo..but as long as he's happy i guess
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Fire It Up

Either car is kickass. But I guess he needed something a bit more on the practical side.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raza

You know, hard pressed, I'd take the Evo, just for the extra space. Both cars are amazing machines, and your friend is quite a lucky one.  Tell him that he should wash the salt off the car as much as possible, since salt is a corrosive element.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

QuoteYou know, hard pressed, I'd take the Evo, just for the extra space. Both cars are amazing machines, and your friend is quite a lucky one.  Tell him that he should wash the salt off the car as much as possible, since salt is a corrosive element.
I thought you were Mr. I Don't Need Practicality... B)

Raza

QuoteYou know, hard pressed, I'd take the Evo, just for the extra space. Both cars are amazing machines, and your friend is quite a lucky one.  Tell him that he should wash the salt off the car as much as possible, since salt is a corrosive element.
Yeah, but I'm dichotomous.  I have a "one seat is enough, who needs a top?" side and an "all cars should be wagons" side.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

thewizard16

QuoteYou know, hard pressed, I'd take the Evo, just for the extra space. Both cars are amazing machines, and your friend is quite a lucky one.? Tell him that he should wash the salt off the car as much as possible, since salt is a corrosive element.
Yeah, but I'm dichotomous.  I have a "one seat is enough, who needs a top?" side and an "all cars should be wagons" side.
Split personality disorder can be an ugly thing.  :P  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

I'm young chronologically and old psychologically.  So I need an Elise and an S4 Avant.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

QuoteI'm young chronologically and old psychologically.  So I need an Elise and an S4 Avant.
Or ideally, both. That way you have one for whatever way your mind is leaning that day.  :rockon:  
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

QuoteI'm young chronologically and old psychologically.  So I need an Elise and an S4 Avant.
Or ideally, both. That way you have one for whatever way your mind is leaning that day.  :rockon:
I said "and".

:D  :D  :D  :D

:rockon:  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

QuoteI'm young chronologically and old psychologically.? So I need an Elise and an S4 Avant.
I said "and".

:D  :D  :D  :D

:rockon:
Ah... I'll blame that on my contacts being a pain tonight, but it's probably a far more serious mental disorder on my part.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Fire It Up

QuoteI'm young chronologically and old psychologically.  So I need an Elise and an S4 Avant.
:blink: So in that case, you would want both a 19 year old and a 40 year old woman?

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Tom

Raza

QuoteI'm young chronologically and old psychologically.  So I need an Elise and an S4 Avant.
:blink: So in that case, you would want both a 19 year old and a 40 year old woman?
How does being old psychologically mean that I'm a 19 year old man and a 40 year old woman?  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quotedichotomous
:wtf:
Characterized by having two distinct parts, often at odds with each other.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rupert

You want a 19 year old woman and a 40 year old woman... More like a 50 year old woman ;) .
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

ifcar

Wimmer, where in MD does your friend live?

Tom

Quotedichotomous
I can picture you in an ESPN spelling bee.

280Z Turbo

Quotedichotomous
You didn't know that was a real word?

I've heard it before...although I didn't know what it meant. ;)  

Tom

Quotedichotomous
You didn't know that was a real word?

I've heard it before...although I didn't know what it meant. ;)
I assumed it was a word, but I didn't know what it meant and I don't remember ever hearing it.  

I just flashbacked to the Blue Collar TV episode when Bill Engvall accidentally used the word "analogy."  Right after he said that he stopped his joke and turned to Larry to explain what it meant :lol:  

mazda6er

Quotedichotomous
He can be the kid that faints, and stammers like he's about to wet himself.  :lol:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

Quotedichotomous
He can be the kid that faints, and stammers like he's about to wet himself.  :lol:
I could never recite out loud all that well.  I am a writer, I mostly have to write it down.  Though I did almost make regionals in geography in 7th grade.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

QuoteYou want a 19 year old woman and a 40 year old woman... More like a 50 year old woman ;) .
Hmm.  I'm quite tired.

And yes, I would want a 19 year old, 30 year old, and 40 some year old woman.  I love the milfs, love the college girls, and I love the corporate climbers.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

QuoteYou want a 19 year old woman and a 40 year old woman... More like a 50 year old woman ;) .
Hmm.  I'm quite tired.

And yes, I would want a 19 year old, 30 year old, and 40 some year old woman.  I love the milfs, love the college girls, and I love the corporate climbers.
Ah ha! So I'm not the only one who has the occasional inability to read....  :P  
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Raza

Hmm.  I'm quite tired.

Ah ha! So I'm not the only one who has the occasional inability to read....  :P
Yes.  I too suffer from occasional lack of reading comprehension.  But then again, I thought the fact that I was attracted young and older women was known widespread by now.

:P  B)

:ph34r:  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CaseyNPham

I'm not the only one!

A Quattroporte, a Prius, and an Odyssey for me!

Wait, I have three personalities?????!!!!???!!!1111!!?/?!//1
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

NomisR

QuoteI'm not the only one!

A Quattroporte, a Prius, and an Odyssey for me!

Wait, I have three personalities?????!!!!???!!!1111!!?/?!//1
So what you really want is a really fast italian minivan that gets great mileage...

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Colonel Cadillac

Got rid of the Vette? Shame come to his family!