Ford Ecosport (USA)

Started by 2o6, November 21, 2016, 01:13:24 PM

2o6

I'm not sure why they bothered with this car; granted it's a hot segment, but this car isn't very well reviewed wherever it's sold. Also the basic design is fairly old, dating back to 2011.

Not to mention it won't be here til 2018.

Power comes thru a 1.0L turbo (FWD) or a 2.0L (AWD). Both are 6AT transmissions.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/14/2018-ford-ecosport-subcompact-suv-america/

Submariner

Something depressing to compete with the Chevy Trax (and the god-awful "real people, not actors" marketing campaign) and that equally stupid Buick: you know, the one where the commercials show you stepping into the high life after buying a sub-compact Buick SUV.  "Look at that suave, sophisticated, gorgeous investment banker in his sexy Buick!  Yeah, that's the same make as my hospice-ridden grandmothers car!"  Busty models stopping to stare at a Bradley Cooper knock-off throw the valet his keys: "Yeah, it's a Buick" as if he is so confident that line will moisten the Cowboy's cheerleaders at the door to some celebrity-only club.

"Hey ladies, my other car is a Chevy Spark."

"We can only get so wet..."

Fucking rubbish cars.  I hope Russia and America do joint nuclear weapons testing, rounding up every one of those shitboxes and using them as visuals for the shot.

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

giant_mtb

Those commercials need to fuck off and die. 

2o6

Quote from: Submariner on November 21, 2016, 01:32:36 PM
Something depressing to compete with the Chevy Trax (and the god-awful "real people, not actors" marketing campaign) and that equally stupid Buick: you know, the one where the commercials show you stepping into the high life after buying a sub-compact Buick SUV.  "Look at that suave, sophisticated, gorgeous investment banker in his sexy Buick!  Yeah, that's the same make as my hospice-ridden grandmothers car!"  Busty models stopping to stare at a Bradley Cooper knock-off throw the valet his keys: "Yeah, it's a Buick" as if he is so confident that line will moisten the Cowboy's cheerleaders at the door to some celebrity-only club.

Fucking rubbish cars.  I hope Russia and America do joint nuclear weapons testing, rounding up every one of those shitboxes and using them as visuals for the shot.

:rolleyes:

It ain't that damn serious.

The Trax and Encore are selling pretty steadily. It's basically a taller, slower, slightly larger version of the car I have now.

veeman

Dude, that was really really funny.

Eye of the Tiger

No manual. But the Fiesta 1.0 is manual only. Ford is idiots.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MX793

I hear it will offer an optional graphics kit that includes a rocker panel stripe akin to the Mustang's, but with the words "Panty Dropper" instead of "Mustang".
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

68_427

I hate this car so fucking much.  I'm DREADING seeing these again in the UAE

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 2o6 on November 21, 2016, 01:47:19 PM
:rolleyes:

It ain't that damn serious.

The Trax and Encore are selling pretty steadily. It's basically a taller, slower, slightly larger version of the car I have now.

Lol man, what in that tirade sounded serious?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

12,000 RPM

These depressing little kickballs can't come to our shores

Emperor Trump must issue a mandate
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

68_427

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 22, 2016, 05:35:03 AM

Yes please
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Submariner

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 22, 2016, 05:27:39 AM
Lol man, what in that tirade sounded serious?

I thought the part about joint nuclear testing would have given the game away.  Apparently, I was incorrect.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 22, 2016, 05:35:03 AM

We will build a wall around any unvetted Ecosports!

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on November 21, 2016, 01:13:24 PM
I'm not sure why they bothered with this car; granted it's a hot segment, but this car isn't very well reviewed wherever it's sold. Also the basic design is fairly old, dating back to 2011.

Not to mention it won't be here til 2018.

Agreed, it seems bizarre they'd wait so long and still not be able to bring in a fresh design. When I was seeing these photos associated with stories about the 2018, I just figured they were using the current model as a placeholder photo while awaiting the unveiling.

And the segment isn't so hot that, when everyone is already promptly selling something in that class, every entry is guaranteed decent sales.

2o6

Quote from: 68_427 on November 21, 2016, 10:23:12 PM
I hate this car so fucking much.  I'm DREADING seeing these again in the UAE

I thought they looked cute enough when I saw a few near the Mexican border

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on November 22, 2016, 07:34:14 AM

I thought they looked cute enough when I saw a few near the Mexican border

Yeah, they all look cute near the border, but wait until they're in your neighborhood taking your jobs!

Payman

Those are some hellacious A-pillars. Does it come with a periscope or is that extra.

Tave

This is what we pay for.  :clap:

Dan?...Is anyone paying for this?

I only see two options:

1) Dan is making "fuck you money" off our ads and blistering, almost assuredly record-setting site-traffic, plowing the Jersey beaches in a Range Rover like his high school prom date; or,

2) Dan is in the back of Raza's trunk but by some stroke of luck (and Seattle Kevin) and modicum of  automination, we're self sufficient and small enough to drift along forum limbo like the crew of Firefly.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Tave on November 22, 2016, 07:53:10 PM
This is what we pay for.  :clap:

Dan?...Is anyone paying for this?

I only see two options:

1) Dan is making "fuck you money" off our ads and blistering, almost assuredly record-setting site-traffic, plowing the Jersey beaches in a Range Rover like his high school prom date; or,

2) Dan is in the back of Raza's trunk but by some stroke of luck (and Seattle Kevin) and modicum of  automination, we're self sufficient and small enough to drift along forum limbo like the crew of Firefly.

Nah, we were sold to our Mexican overlords (aka MexicoCityM3).
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Tave

Quote from: Cookie Monster on November 22, 2016, 08:07:02 PM

Word? Damn i didn't even see it.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Cookie Monster on November 22, 2016, 08:07:02 PM

What will hapoen when they build the wall?

Tave

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 22, 2016, 08:32:43 PM

We pledge allegiance to Hector and viva Revolucion.

Submariner

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 22, 2016, 08:32:43 PM

We will Make CarSpin Great Again.

cawimmer430

I hope Russia and America do joint nuclear weapons testing, rounding up every one of those shitboxes and using them as visuals for the shot.

:lol:

Well Donald is an admirer of Putin, so your wish may come true...  :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie