Remote Starter

Started by giant_mtb, December 15, 2016, 10:49:45 AM

giant_mtb

Anyone ever installed one?  I had one on the TBlaze (previously installed) and it was a godsend in the winter.  I wouldn't mind getting one for Tacoma.  I don't know much about them, but I imagine it would be relatively easy to install one on my '05 Taco versus, say, my 2010 A4 that I had...I wouldn't have tried anything wiring-wise on that thing with a 10' insulated pole.

I don't really feel like paying for installation if I can get one for ~$50 and put it in myself, and I know plenty of people have done it themselves...have any of you?  Experiences?

Only downside is the super ugly key fobs.

http://a.co/3lrpLbq

CaminoRacer

I was replacing an exhaust gasket yesterday and the car next to me started up. Kinda freaked me out since I didn't see anyone walk by. Took me a second to realize it was a remote start.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Yeah, hack your wiring harness apart for some aftermarket shit
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

I think if you get one that's model specific it's all plug and play stuff
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 15, 2016, 12:36:56 PM
I think if you get one that's model specific it's all plug and play stuff

Sure, make it sound all pretty and easy.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)