Rental review: 201? Honda Accord

Started by 12,000 RPM, December 23, 2016, 07:18:05 AM

12,000 RPM

Getting new tires and some fluids changed on the demon.... thought about the Civic but I figured they wouldn't have the hatch I wanted so I checked out the Accord. Thoughts (2o6 style):

+ Honda is so good at suspension tuning. Between the Fit I had a few months ago and this... I feel kind of bad about putting the coilovers on. They get it right out of the box. This thing is eager and competent in the turns immediately and it's not even the Sport version.
+ Engine has enough pickup for the street, even with the lame-o CVT in ECO mode. Obviously nowhere near as connected with a stick but I can live with it.
+ VTEC!
+ Got 34 MPG over a pretty aggressive grocery run.
- Whoooaaaaa Nelly..... she's a big girl noowwwwww, no more daddy's little girrrrrllllll.... too fucking big man. I mainly got it to see if I could live with/get over this size of a car... I can't, no fucking way. Def getting a C-segment warm/hot hatch. I'd get a B-segment hot hatch if they sold any here with a decent back seat
- Infotainment is "a disastah" and this isn't even the 2 tiered no volume knob deal
- CVT non-Sport model

Gonna start a rental leaderboard.... here's where this ranks:

1. Golf TSI
2. Focus Wagon (Diesel, Euro only)
3. Accord
5 (Tie). Mazda 3i/Honda Fit
6. C4 Cactus
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

I've got a yearly customer with a white Accord V6 coupe.  I really enjoy driving it.  Rides really nice, feels tight, and has great powaaaaa.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 23, 2016, 03:32:32 PM
I've got a yearly customer with a white Accord V6 coupe.  I really enjoy driving it.  Rides really nice, feels tight, and has great powaaaaa.

straight drive?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

12,000 RPM

I kind of want to test an Accord Sport 6MT and a last gen Civic Si

12,000 RPM

Upon further review (got another one while they fix my tire).... I take back a bit of what I said. 4 banger is surprisingly strong, but this one's nowhere near as good dynamically. Same tires and everything. And yea it's a big girl

Char

Someone in my lot as a current gen (pre-refresh) Accord Sport Sedan with a 6 speed manual.

LOVE IT. The only car I would buy over the Mazda 6, which I think is probably the best midsize car. (and I've never even driven one)
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

12,000 RPM

I'm not a fan of Mazda's current crop of sedans. They feel slower than the specs/tests suggest, and in my experience they're not that great to drive.

Still curious about the Accord Sport. After driving the E60 535i I now believe the whole "the car shrinks around you" thing. The non-Sport definitely does NOT though, it feels every bit as big as it is.