Possible West Coast trip this summer... what to rent?

Started by 12,000 RPM, January 03, 2017, 02:27:32 PM

12,000 RPM

Got some friends and in laws on the west coast and I've only been once. What rental options do I have? We'd drive from Sacramento to Portland. Looks like a Boxster (with the 6!) is $250 a day which would be a bit much but possibly doable. I was thinking more something like the Camaro/Rustang V6 convertible though.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Rich

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 03, 2017, 02:27:32 PM
Got some friends and in laws on the west coast and I've only been once. What rental options do I have? We'd drive from Sacramento to Portland. Looks like a Boxster (with the 6!) is $250 a day which would be a bit much but possibly doable. I was thinking more something like the Camaro/Rustang V6 convertible though.

Man, that'd be a lot of money for the 2.5 day drive up (assuming you'll drive the coast and enjoy the trip) +however long you'll stay in portland + the drive back down, assuming you'll fly back out of Sacramento.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Eye of the Tiger

I rented a Hertz 'Vette in Vegas for $700/week, unlimited miles, autotragic. I wonder what Hertz has now. Their customer service is absolute shit, though.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 03, 2017, 02:28:18 PM
Odyssey.
:clap:

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 03, 2017, 02:42:30 PM
I rented a Hertz 'Vette in Vegas for $700/week, unlimited miles, autotragic. I wonder what Hertz has now. Their customer service is absolute shit, though.
:rage: :heated: :lockedup: :banghead:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

giant_mtb

Can you imagine how many transmissions they'd go through if they offered manual transmissions?  :mask:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on January 03, 2017, 03:50:01 PM
:clap:
:rage: :heated: :lockedup: :banghead:

:lol:

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 03, 2017, 03:51:17 PM
Can you imagine how many transmissions they'd go through if they offered manual transmissions?  :mask:

I wasn't exactly nice to the autoMATIC

68_427

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 03, 2017, 02:27:32 PM

TURO
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

shp4man

An Econoline. Take EVERYBODY along for the ride.  :muffin:

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Xer0

The V6 Stang/Camaro in rental grade will just be one massive disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk