'racecar is die'
no

Laconian

Kinda tall and lanky. 6'3"?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Laconian

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 14, 2017, 02:56:23 PM
Top should be down all the time anyway.

Pools of water in the cabin will adversely impact the center of gravity.

Tave

I'm 6'3"-6'4" with a long torso and at the extreme upper limit for the soft top. My head brushes the fabric on the worst bumps, not enough to damage the top but enough to let me know I have no extra room. If it was a half inch lower and solid metal I'd be cracking open my skull on every drive.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Tave on March 15, 2017, 01:55:35 PM
I'm 6'3"-6'4" with a long torso and at the extreme upper limit for the soft top. My head brushes the fabric on the worst bumps, not enough to damage the top but enough to let me know I have no extra room. If it was a half inch lower and solid metal I'd be cracking open my skull on every drive.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/kir-47900/overview/
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

Those look comfortable <_<

AutobahnSHO

And great for simulators!!

Will

68_427

Just remove the seat rails like Raggo
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Tave

The ND has a uniplane rail (no height adjustment) that is canted upwards to provide shorter drivers a higher seating position and reduce weight. And the seats themselves are thinner than virtually everything OEM save some of the super exotic carbon pieces. I think any delete-modification will result in little to no improvement for taller drivers--the seat height at the back of the rail can't be any higher than a permanent mount. Maybe if you replaced the stock seats too with something stupid light and unusable like that aluminum racing tub a few posts up.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

MrH

Yeah, I fit in the soft top I sat in awhile back alright.  Slightly better than the S2000 and NC.  It was smaller in the areas I don't care about, but roomy where need be.

Tave, you've got like an inch or two on me, but I think I'd probably be in the same position with the RF.  I was bumping the soft top on the NC too.  S2000 is fine for headroom.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Laconian

RF got a thumbs up from a bro in a stanced NA.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Laconian on March 16, 2017, 07:36:53 PM
RF got a thumbs up from a bro in a stanced NA.

Not that this is the same thing, but that reminded me...

The weirdest "thumbs up" I have gotten since I bought the Golf was from a redneck looking guy rolling coal in big ole lifted F350 type truck (can't remember exactly what model it was).

At first I thought he liked my car because it was a Golf R but after thinking about it some more I think he thought I was driving a Golf TDI.

Tave

I posted this in my thread too--definitely go with the shorter service interval, I think that 0W-20 wears out pretty fast, synthetic or not.

Laconian

Quelle chance! My (state-issued, random) plate is a numeric palindrome.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on March 25, 2017, 07:31:16 PM
Quelle chance! My (state-issued, random) plate is a numeric palindrome.

:rockon:
Will

Laconian

Decent weather staycation; gonna wash mah cars today.

Laconian

It looks so happy from the front. WHO'S A GOOD BOY? WHO'S A GOOD BOY? YOU! YOU'RE A GOOD BOY!!

CaminoRacer

68_427

You rike praying witt my stick

'racecar is die'
no

Laconian

Laconian

Note the conspicuously absent front license plate.

<-- rebel

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Laconian on March 31, 2017, 12:21:12 AM
Note the conspicuously absent front license plate.

<-- rebel

Fight the powers that be!

Laconian

Now that I'm riding dirty w/o front plates, I'm noticing a lot of other cars without front plates too.

MrH

Well over 1/3 of Ohio cars don't have front plates. And all 5 surrounding states don't require it. So usually probably 40%+ of the cars of the road don't have front plates. It's a pointless law here.
Btw, test driving an ND on Sunday.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

2o6

Quote from: MrH on March 31, 2017, 02:27:51 PM
Well over 1/3 of Ohio cars don't have front plates. And all 5 surrounding states don't require it. So usually probably 40%+ of the cars of the road don't have front plates. It's a pointless law here.

I've gotten three tickets for not having a front plate.

Rich

SC doesn't require front plates biiiitchesssss. Gonna get my front end repainted. And show it off unobstructed and unticketed to the world

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

CaminoRacer

Quote from: MrH on March 31, 2017, 02:27:51 PM

Having surrounding states with a single plate is key to not getting a ticket IMO. Gives the cops a plausible explanation when they see you're lacking one.

Kevin is unlucky since he lives in the middle of the state where it's not quite as common to see KY & IN cars.

2o6

Quote from: CaminoRacer on March 31, 2017, 02:39:44 PM
Having surrounding states with a single plate is key to not getting a ticket IMO. Gives the cops a plausible explanation when they see you're lacking one.

Kevin is unlucky since he lives in the middle of the state where it's not quite as common to see KY & IN cars.

I got one on the Mazda, and I had only owned it for a week.

68_427

You also should live in an area near a college.  When I lived in the city for three years I got no tickets.  Two months back home in the suburbs I had 2 and ended up putting one on.
'racecar is die'
no

AutobahnSHO

Plus Ohio Kevin is probably profiled....    :shakesfist:
Will