Elantra Sport... the real deal?

Started by 12,000 RPM, February 14, 2017, 01:32:10 PM

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Vinsanity

adding this to your short list are ya?

12,000 RPM

Naw, if I get something like this it's gonna be a GTI for sure. Peak compact

CaminoRacer

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 15, 2017, 08:04:08 PM
Naw, if I get something like this it's gonna be a GTI for sure. Peak compact

I can't do VW. They just seem like a sleazy, less-reliable company compared to the Japanese companies.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

What I got from that video:
Versa rides like a sledge hammer hit to the dick.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

68_427

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 15, 2017, 08:20:38 PM
I can't do VW. They just seem like a sleazy, less-reliable company compared to the Japanese companies.

You don't fit the GOLF/GTI/Jetta mold anyways
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 15, 2017, 08:20:38 PM
We drive cars, not companies. As shitty as VWAG is I have to admit I'm smitten. Japanese are more than capable of making a GTI killer but they don't have the stones

Morris Minor

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 16, 2017, 04:30:44 AM
We drive cars, not companies. As shitty as VWAG is I have to admit I'm smitten. Japanese are more than capable of making a GTI killer but they don't have the stones

The Japanese have such a heritage of excellence with fast, balanced, chuckable small cars (Toyota AE86, Datsun 510,  Sentra SE-R etc) I'd have thought they'd be cashing in on VW's current, um, "reputational issues."
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

SJ_GTI

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 16, 2017, 04:30:44 AM

Yeah its kind of weird for me. I have -0- affinity for VWAG, but the last four cars I have bought were all from VWAG. The cars they make have just suited what I was looking for (right size/configuration and drivetrain). If a random Korean/American/Japanese company came out with a car that better suited my wants I would have no issue buying something from them.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Morris Minor on February 16, 2017, 06:45:27 AM
The Japanese have such a heritage of excellence with fast, balanced, chuckable small cars (Toyota AE86, Datsun 510,  Sentra SE-R etc) I'd have thought they'd be cashing in on VW's current, um, "reputational issues."
I think they are. Civic Si, GT86, WRX, upcoming Yaris Turbo, Sentra SR Turbo + Juke RS, Forte SX Turbo and now this. It's not that they aren't trying, it's just that none of em are as good. They need more power (no more 1.6T nonsense- 2.0Ts should be the minimum for the class), better looks, more refinement. Somehow VW has managed to deliver.

93JC

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 15, 2017, 08:26:10 PM
What I got from that video:
Versa rides like a sledge hammer hit to the dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkiqTmwEQ-U

(I've had this song stuck in my head lately.)